Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

I can imagine. I've got the art for Porco Rosso checked out right now (which I need to remember to scan before I leave) and seeing the pre-production art is really inspiring. Great little watercolor pieces.
    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• rocknrollnigger
      • Jan 2009

I have been meaning to see My Neighbor Totoro, it keeps getting pushed down on my netflix list (not sure why i added it to begin with), and I'm going to go ahead and add Howl to the list. If anyone has different recommendations by all means...

Comment

• DamageX
        • Dec 2008

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

I'm about an hour into Martyrs and I don't think I've ever felt so awful from just watching a movie. My stomach literally hurts. I honestly don't know why I'm still watching - it feels like an obligation. I want there to be justification or... something. Anything.

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

I feel like I just watched a snuff film. I can understand reviews I've read since that really appreciate it but I'm not convinced the ending was nearly transcendent enough to... 'justify' what the film did to me. Hmm. I'm going to be thinking about this one.

I'm going to go finish off Standalone Complex again to see if I feel better about myself haha

Comment

• Fade to Black
              • Sep 2008

On that note, here's the trailer for the new Johnnie To film Vengeance

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

looks to be another stylish shoot em up in the vein of Exiled, but with a more detailed plot. Not complaining, To's probably the only HK director I still pay to watch in theaters.

edit: jesus christ Thirst looks fucking dark...no depths to Park's madness
              www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• BeauIXI
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by rocknrollnigger View Post
                I have been meaning to see My Neighbor Totoro, it keeps getting pushed down on my netflix list (not sure why i added it to begin with), and I'm going to go ahead and add Howl to the list. If anyone has different recommendations by all means...
                Watch Castle in the Sky, my personal favorite. Those movies all make me feel like a kid again. Nothing quite like nostalgia when you're in a certain mood.
                Originally posted by philip nod
                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• mamaboy
                  • Mar 2008

grey gardens the more i watch the more i watch
                  can not wait for tarantino jewish movie
                  but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

/\ just read a part of the NYT article. Only from the twisted mind of Tarantino, lol.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                      To's probably the only HK director I still pay to watch in theaters.
                      fruit chan is working on an english remake of the japanese horror 'don't look up', which while sounds extremely bad looks pretty good from the on-set photos i've seen.

Comment

• DamageX
                        • Dec 2008

Johnnie To is one of my favorite directors. The intro to Breaking News is amazing. PTU is another film to watch.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

You also got to hand it to Johnnie To for constantly being a very vocal thorn in the side towards the pathetic TVB-dominated dictatorship that is the HK visual and performing arts scene, at least a good 90-95% of it, and still staying well above water. It's not every day someone can make it by playing to their own tune in this town.
                          www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

has anyone seen the new atom egoyan flick?
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Jonn
                              • Mar 2008

i just finished watching martyrs. im a bit let down by open ending. and i feel like the film is disconnected in a way and the shift in pace is rather distracting.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

just looked up Martyrs on IMDB, seems like an interesting watch. Hey Jonn, how'd you access the film here in good ol' China? I haven't seen it around anywhere, seems like something I would notice if it was...around.

man nevermind I just read one review that somewhat details what happens in the film with pics - i'm staying the fuck away from this one.
                                Last edited by Fade to Black; 05-12-2009, 09:27 AM.
                                www.matthewhk.net

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎