• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Fragma by Peter Ceursters

Has anyone seen this in person? Looks very good on pictures. I'll check it out next time I am in Antwerp.

SS 06

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Fragma by Peter Ceursters

shoes

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• droogist
      • Sep 2006

When I lived in Antwerp I used to visit the Fragma shop all the time because they carry Chalayan, but I never took very much notice of the house line...hanging alongside the other labels they stock, it tends to fade into the background. It feels a little weird to see all this current press interest in it, because to me it's kind of like if everyone were to suddenly make a deal of the Barneys house line. That being said, it does seem like they've invested quite a bit in it this season, and the results are good, if somewhat Belgian-by-numbers.

Comment

• dontbecruel
        • Sep 2006

I think it's a bit less typically Belgian than Droogist implies. The robe-style leather coat is very cute and the collection overall has a certain sleazy something. It's a little bit Camilla Staerk isn't it?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="droogist"]

When I lived in Antwerp I used to visit the Fragma shop all the time because they carry Chalayan, but I never took very much notice of the house line...hanging alongside the other labels they stock, it tends to fade into the background. It feels a little weird to see all this current press interest in it, because to me it's kind of like if everyone were to suddenly make a deal of the Barneys house line. That being said, it does seem like they've invested quite a bit in it this season, and the results are good, if somewhat Belgian-by-numbers.

[/quote]

I know the financial backer of this line is Russian - I accidentally met his brother (you never know who you can meet on a children's playground in New York [:)]. He was telling me how hard it is to penetrate the US market. Maybe this is why he's trying harder? What mention in the press did you see, droogist?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• droogist
            • Sep 2006

^ Whoops, my mistake. Cerfas from tFS very recently posted a press bit on him which I assumed was current, but it turns out it was from last year. It's a strange coincidence that both of you started threads on him within such a short period of time. Must be something in the air...

Comment

• xcoldricex
              • Sep 2006

is the robe supposed to be a boxer's robe? i'd imagine it presented in a different way if that was the case- i think it gives me too large of a conflicting image in my head. think it'd look better with something a bit more edgy? anyhow i like the skirt.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

is the robe supposed to be a boxer's robe? i'd imagine it presented in a different way if that was the case- i think it gives me too large of a conflicting image in my head. think it'd look better with something a bit more edgy? anyhow i like the skirt.

[/quote]

Actually, it looks like a leather coat to me, that's why it got me interested! I wonder if that's indeed the case. The shoes are the sex. [U]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                  • Sep 2006

i know it's a leather coat, but it looks like it's styled after a boxer's robe.

Comment

• dontbecruel
                    • Sep 2006

It does look like a boxer's robe and I love the contrast with the imp-ish girl's face sticking out.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎