Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • comex9
    • Jan 2009

Has anyone tried the titanium boots. I think they are spictacular, but I'm concerned of the kangaroo leather... 'A' doesn't have my size, anyways. What are your impressions.

Comment

• timberlakeld
      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by comex9 View Post
      Has anyone tried the titanium boots. I think they are spictacular, but I'm concerned of the kangaroo leather... 'A' doesn't have my size, anyways. What are your impressions.
      I have tried the u sole one, They fit quite large due to the non-seam construction, normally the kangaroo leather boots will fit smaller, but doesnt apply to this model.

Comment

• birdytg
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by timberlakeld View Post
        I have tried the u sole one, They fit quite large due to the non-seam construction, normally the kangaroo leather boots will fit smaller, but doesnt apply to this model.
        Second this. Usually you need to size up +1 with kangaroo boots but with USOLE with inserts kangaroo boots you don't have too, just take your real size. This is because CCP made the instep much larger than with the usual tornados boots and yes, certainly because of the non-seam construction.
        http://www.mypixeldiary.com
        http://www.birdytg.com
        www.birdytg.blogspot.fr
        http://www.facebook.com/birdy.tg
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mypixeldiary

Comment

• timberlakeld
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by birdytg View Post
          Second this. Usually you need to size up +1 with kangaroo boots but with USOLE with inserts kangaroo boots you don't have too, just take your real size. This is because CCP made the instep much larger than with the usual tornados boots and yes, certainly because of the non-seam construction.
          Actually Im both size 8 (42.5-43) for both horse leather (loose fit), and kangroo leather (quite fit), but for the u-sole non-seam one, size 8 is far too large for me, they fit like size 9 horse leather boots. I'd size down for the u-sole non0seam boots.

Comment

• Peasant
            • Jul 2009

^So dope. I think they're the only US shop to carry women's. Can't wait to see what they get.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Peasant View Post
              ^So dope. I think they're the only US shop to carry women's. Can't wait to see what they get.
              maxfield had it, but has since dropped it..takes a special lady that's for sure

Comment

• theaddict
                • Apr 2008

Introduce me the lady and i will buy her CCP...hahaha...i mean girls are used to feet-crushing shoes anyway, one more stiff derby wont change too much i would assume...hahaha

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
                maxfield had it, but has since dropped it..takes a special lady that's for sure
                Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Peasant
                  • Jul 2009

If any city contains the breed of women that would wear Carol, it's New York.
                  I find it very sexy in an unconventional way. The power and obscurity alongside the idea of femininity. Love it.

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                    Introduce me the lady and i will buy her CCP...
                    the hopeless romantic
                    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• misterpale
                      • Apr 2008

i heard a rumor,that darklands placed a huge ccp fe/male buy....

Comment

• cremaster
                        • Jan 2010

I was looking over some of the CCP (and others) installation shots and videos and was wondering why the art world hasn't taken him up.
                        Seems to me some of the better things are being done today are in design, video, graphics, even food.
                        Some of the best installation art I've seen recently have been window design. All that is separating it from fine art is intent, which to me is giving designers more freedom.
                        We have had Chalayan at a Venice Biennale, even Ferran Adria at a Documenta and Marc Newson has had a couple of shows at Gagosian.
                        My question is should galleries be looking at CCP (and his ilk) as artists worthy of consistent shows?
                        Would CCP look out of place at Gagosian on a regular basis?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

We've discussed it in this very thread a long time ago - I think it was philip_nod who was pushing for the same approach. But are you asking if CCP should be sold in an art gallery or if he should be shown in an art gallery?
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

I think he means shown?

we actually had the clothing / art discussion (again) a few pages back.

Personally I could easily see some of his creations in a gallery, its already presented in that manner when shown by CCP and some stores. Then again I'm so used to seeing clothes displayed this way in showrooms etc, so its hard to say whether or not others would find it interesting (= people less obsessed with clothes or who don't know about CCP).

I think his work has qualities that would make it more interesting in a gallery context than just any clothing; the details, rough finishes (scarred leathers, rusted metals), seamwork that stands out, the rigor mortis vibe some of anatomic cuts give etc.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Peasant
                              • Jul 2009

I think it's more a matter of the art world appreciating it enough to warrant a show. I've seen some shitty art so I don't think it'd be much of a stretch. It could easily show and it already comes with "art show" price tags. My friends are amazed by the drips and chain-seams and they couldn't care less about everything else I have.

Comment

• een
                                • Sep 2006

Stating the obvious and well documented elsewhere, Poell has long enjoyed a relationship with the art world, at least in terms of curatorial recognition, most notably Peter Noever's institutional support from the MAK in Vienna.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎