X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goldsamxo
    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by k3mist View Post
    how is that funny? I wouldnt expect many 19 year olds to even know who ccp is tbh.
    More-so find it funny w/ posts like Hypebeast's "These are the top 10 most expensive sneakers!" posts.
    Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
    Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• byhand
      • Dec 2011

blackfedora,ease and comfort are obviously not a driving goal for CCP when engaged in the design process. It's more like the opposite is true. I sometimes wonder if anything he makes is actually meant to be worn. The fact that the things he makes can be worn on the body is almost incidental to his design process even though that is ostensibly their purpose. I own a pair of drips. I'd never wear them. They aren't even my size, but I like them as objects.

Comment

• goldsamxo
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by byhand View Post
        blackfedora,ease and comfort are obviously not a driving goal for CCP when engaged in the design process. It's more like the opposite is true. I sometimes wonder if anything he makes is actually meant to be worn. The fact that the things he makes can be worn on the body is almost incidental to his design process even though that is ostensibly their purpose. I own a pair of drips. I'd never wear them. They aren't even my size, but I like them as objects.
        In his interview w/ Luciano Cirelli he states, "I do not think of dress as a complement to the body, rather I seek to annul the body..", which defiantly backs this statement up. I've always thought of Poell's work as a second body, which is wearable, a more brittle shell. His work never spoke to me as clothing, more as it's own humanoid life-form.
        Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
        Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• Aguinaldo
          • Jan 2017

I do not know if this has already been posted here, is Josef Koudelka. I saw this in 2013 I do not remember having any connection with ccp. Maybe it's really inspired by that, I did not read any Josef interview but my friend says he's referring
          -nude humans
          -horse and material
          -clothed humans
          Last edited by Aguinaldo; 04-27-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Erich Fromm
            • May 2017

Originally posted by goldsamxo View Post
            In his interview w/ Luciano Cirelli he states, "I do not think of dress as a complement to the body, rather I seek to annul the body..", which defiantly backs this statement up. I've always thought of Poell's work as a second body, which is wearable, a more brittle shell. His work never spoke to me as clothing, more as it's own humanoid life-form.
            I can certainly agree with that point of view, especially when regarding his prosthetic footwear or his infamous coat comprised of human hair. Or of course the fact that he was denied permission when wanting to create a jacket out of human skin. CCP's "alternate lifeform" always strikes me as his personal vision of a human. A very disgusted vision. Almost as if the human is infact alien to what a human should or could be.

Edit: Adding on to that thought Carol has said that he does not necessarily find his work aesthetically pleasing.
            Last edited by Erich Fromm; 05-10-2017, 04:20 AM.

Comment

• Bulletiquette
              • Jul 2011

You weren't the first person to post that article in this thread, and sadly, you won't be the last.

Comment

• Kuat
                • Nov 2012

Guys, can you please tell me in what ways Horse Leather is different from Kangaroo Leather (in CCP jackets)?
                I've never had experience with Kangaroo.

And what does PTC/12 code mean vs. PTC/10 ?

Thanks.

Comment

• julian_doe
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Kuat View Post
                  Guys, can you please tell me in what ways Horse Leather is different from Kangaroo Leather (in CCP jackets)?
                  I've never had experience with Kangaroo.

And what does PTC/12 code mean vs. PTC/10 ?

Thanks.
                  This has been discussed extensively throughout this and other threads.

Kangaroo leather is far more lightweight than horse, from my experience. PTC means that a garment is object-dyed, and the number refers to the color. 10 is black, and I have no idea what 12 is.

I hope this helps.

Comment

• dji
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post

Kangaroo leather is far more lightweight than horse, from my experience. PTC means that a garment is object-dyed, and the number refers to the color. 10 is black, and I have no idea what 12 is.

I hope this helps.
                    12 is dark (almost black) green.

Comment

• Kuat
                      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post

I hope this helps.
                      Originally posted by dji View Post
                      12 is dark (almost black) green.
                      Thanks for the clarification guys. I want a classic CPL jacket, but the only one i was able to find is this one: https://www.lazzariweb.it/carol-chri...et-p-8178.html

It's the LM/2498 ROOLS-PTC/12 model so i'm on the fence, especially about the dark green color. I want a regular black one.

Comment

• darkart
                        • Jun 2011

Thanks for the clarification guys. I want a classic CPL jacket, but the only one i was able to find is this one: https://www.lazzariweb.it/carol-chri...et-p-8178.html

It's the LM/2498 ROOLS-PTC/12 model so i'm on the fence, especially about the dark green color. I want a regular black one.

You can treat color 12 as a vintage black instead of dark green. Depends on the dying process. Every batch is different. This batch maybe more towards green. Next batch more towards black. Good thing about color 12 is that you can see some leather original color at the seam area, that's why I say its vintage black. I always choose color 12 rather than color 10 for my CCP item. Looks way more special than normal black. But tbh, if you are wearing all black all the time. You better choose color 10.

Comment

• Kuat
                          • Nov 2012

Originally posted by darkart View Post
                          You can treat color 12 as a vintage black instead of dark green. Depends on the dying process. Every batch is different. This batch maybe more towards green. Next batch more towards black. Good thing about color 12 is that you can see some leather original color at the seam area, that's why I say its vintage black. I always choose color 12 rather than color 10 for my CCP item. Looks way more special than normal black. But tbh, if you are wearing all black all the time. You better choose color 10.
                          How do you like this jacket. That's the soft Kangaroo one /12

Would you personally go for it over this one: http://i.imgur.com/zQQKqJN.jpg ???

Comment

• JohnFG
                            • May 2007

I own both and would recommend the horse one in /10 for you!
                            The kangaroo one is very light and rather only for summer ;)
                            Hope it help.
                            Best, JF

How do you like this jacket. That's the soft Kangaroo one /12

Would you personally go for it over this one: http://i.imgur.com/zQQKqJN.jpg ???

Comment

• jakobhetzer
                              • Mar 2017

I have that exact version of scar stitch (Kangaroo, color 12) and I can only highly recommend it. I love the thing. Especially perfect for the hot LA climate as it is not too thick.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I like how you snuck in a fit pic there.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎