X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

At least it's not as bad as the pound to the dollar. talk about brutal!

A 5 quid lunch (standard over there) may as well be almost $10.

Back on topic.... I'll be paying L'eclaireur/Colette a visit very soon after I arrive in Berlin. Need to check out these new CCP leathers in person.

A VAT question though, do we get that back as long as we are US residents? That is, if I buy something in London/Paris/Italy and then fly/take the train out back to Germany will I get the 10% return(as per Lazzariweb's discount)? Or would I have to have the item shipped to the USA for me to take advantage of that?

Doing a bit of calculation, I can save nearly $1000 off of the price tag for the CCP leathers by going through lazzari (and likely many other European stores) as long as I get back VAT... and that makes them a bit more reasonable ("reasonable")

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

yup, you can get VAT back as long as you're a US citizen. You have to keep your receipts, and have them validated at the airport upon your departure back to the US, which you can mail at the airport. it's as simple as that!
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

each countries rules are different - but you usually need to bring your passport when you buy something (so carry it around with you!) - sometimes they give you the money on the spot, or sometimes you get it when you're leaving the country. you usually have to buy a minimum amount, at a store that allows you to do a VAT, etc. there's restrictions depending on your visa also (i.e. if you're working there, you may not be able to get your VAT back)

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

thanks guys!

I remember when I bought items in London last May, I got VAT back on the spot at the airport in US Dollars. Nothing to mail in. I should inquire about the rules for Paris and Italy. I know London was quite accommodating and I'm having a friend check on The Library's CCP buy this season. Especially the off white duffle, off white boots, the U pants and of course the leather jackets!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

when i was in london, droors by jas mb gave my gf and me the VAT upfront, but were told to mail our receipts in or else it would get reversed via my credit card. in paris, i did not receive the VAT upfront. only after i sent in the validated receipts did i see the VAT on my credit card. as coldrice mentioned, different stores have different policies regarding VAT.

btw, wouldn't it be cheaper to buy the ccp/carpe stuff outside of england since the euro is not as ridiculous to the US dollar?

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]yup, you can get VAT back as long as you're a US citizen. You have to keep your receipts, and have them validated at the airport upon your departure back to the US, which you can mail at the airport. it's as simple as that!
              [/quote]

That was a bit misleading, Albert was asking if he needs to actually leave the European Union to have the refund processed, and the answer is Yes. As long as you stay in Berlin you can't have the refund processed. These rules are standard for all EU countries, only the VAT% varies.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

gotcha. I'll keep that in mind then Faust. Thanks a bunch.

As for purchasing it for cheaper outside of London... I haven't yet seen or heard of the London based prices. A friend of mine in London is calling The Library today to ask Philip about their order and the prices. Apparently they've got a strong enough connection with Carol that if need be, they can do a custom order for you with Carol!

I'd love a CCP leather jacket that is winter/cold-suitable. Is this season's overlock leather jacket lighter or thinner than last?

Comment

• khiev
                  • Nov 2006

this season's overlock is made of calf leather which is lighter and softer than last season's (made of deer leather)- it is also more matte. I assume that it must be thinner as well. I dont know if the fit is the same though.

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                    • Sep 2006

library will do special orders but with a premium. i asked them they would order a black leather long coat in grey black with overlock stitching and the final price was around 3400 pounds. which is a little less than 6700 usd. i have to admit the price was a little over whelming. i know that ccp items cost alot but a little less than 6700 usd is a LOT of money for a single coat no matter how stunning the leather is. they can do current collections and only a previous past collection to my knowledge. that is what they told me. nothing from 04 a/w or 04 s/s or 05.

has anyone purchased anything in europe while still in the united states.i mean has anybody ordered something from europe and have the item shipped to them in the u.s. will some stores take out the vat even though you are in the united states ordering something internationally where they ship the item to your home in the united states. or do you have to buy something at there store in europe in order to receive a free vat. i would like to buy something in europe but i do not have the time to visit and i would prefer to have the vat taken out.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Thanks K!

So apparently The Library's owner has known Carol for 15+ years so they're able to get anything you want from the current season... who knows, maybe even something from past seasons is possible.

I'll find out via my friend as well as in-person. Berlin to London flights are way cheap. Easy 2 day trip especially since I only want to go to The Pineal Eye and The Library... and have dinner at The Fat Duckto continue my molecular gastronomy/hypermodern cuisine dining journey (so far I've experienced WD-50 and The Minibar.... 4 main ones left to go: El Bulli (of course), The Fat Duck, Moto, and Alinea.... I know there are a couple others out there that I need to try. The Minibar was a lifechanging experience. It was the best meal I've ever had in my life.).

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Believe me when I tell you, skip The Pineal Eye.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                          • Sep 2006

Just wanted to share, saw someone in a CCP green leather overlock jacket at Barney's today. And they were looking at the Ann Demeulemeester, was it someone on here? I felt special because I recognized the jacket from all the ravings on this forum.
                          music

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]Believe me when I tell you, skip The Pineal Eye.
                            [/quote]

haha! duly noted. I just wanted to stop by because I've been chatting with someone who has close ties to the store. They used to be top notch right? Just sorta fallen off in the last few years?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

There are literally 10 pieces in the store, 5 by Raf and 5 by DH. I don't know how they stay in business. They heyday passed.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sbw4224
                                • Sep 2006

I remember someone saying that they do a lot of business through special orders. If you haven't been there I would go, but I like to just visit stores just to see them anyway. It's quite small and like Faust said, has an extremely small stock of mostly DH and Raf Simons.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎