X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • href:90a7
    • May 2017

Originally posted by julian_doe View Post
    IN-BETWEEN, from what I understand, is a fabric being used as a temporary replacement for CORD-PTC.

Also, CCP is once again creating Denim and Knit garments. These are currently being delivered to stores/clients. The denim fabric is KIT-BW...and it is incredibly beautiful.
    Darklands just put the new stuff up. Love the way the fabric looks, especially on the grain on the jeans. Not too fond of the fit of the denim jacket though.

Samsa-G has also been teasing this new fabric. Looks like vests might also come in the new stuff.
    Originally posted by Alesha
    Does CCP make pizza?

Comment

• Hon
      • Dec 2017

A little over a month ago I bought a pair of O.D. Lined One Piece Prosthetic Boots in color 10 CORS (don’t have the label right now, don’t know the codes). These are my first pair of CCP boots btw. I took them to a cobbler upon arrival and asked him to Vibram the boots for protection. He basically only did the sole, not the heel, and insisted I wear the heel down a little bit and then Vibram it. I’ve worn them about 5 times and the heel is starting to wear slightly, in terms of getting the maximum usablility for the piece, should I go to another cobbler and have them Vibrammed? I may go into NYC to see Atelier NYC so I could perhaps go to a cobbler in NYC familiar with Poell. Also, any tips on cleaning them? Special creams or pomades for cordovan leather? Thanks a lot.

Comment

• _AR
        • Oct 2013

I appreciate they're quite expensive and special shoes, but I think you maybe over thinking a bit, particularly as they're black and horse.

I've used the firm in NYC to revibram an old pair of ccp derbies and repair the heel and they didn't bat an eye. There's a huge shoe care thread on the forums I think that might be helpful, but you can honestly just wipe them with a damp cloth/towel if anything happens to them for a while barring them getting exposed to a lot of salt.

Comment

• 13we2
          • Sep 2015

I've never applied any leather care products shoe cream/polish/wax to my SZ brand leather goods (just realized I only have BBS and CCP though). They've survived just fine. Chances are you'd end up ruining them rather than saving if you weren't a leather expert pretty much like CCP/BBS... them boys.

Comment

• en0rm
            • May 2010

no need for care products for quite a while when you just got them.
            concerning the heel, you cobbler knows what hes doing! if you want him to put a rubber heel on from the start, a good cobbler ripps or shaves one layer of leather off the heel so that the heel stack will be the same hight again as originally. just smacking on a piece of rubber over the heel makes the heel taller and the whole boot unbalanced. so you just as well can wear down the leather heel a bit until you put vibram on the heel.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
              • Jul 2013

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
              I've never applied any leather care products shoe cream/polish/wax to my SZ brand leather goods (just realized I only have BBS and CCP though). They've survived just fine. Chances are you'd end up ruining them rather than saving if you weren't a leather expert pretty much like CCP/BBS... them boys.
              Uhh... what? What magical leather properties would BBS or CCP leather have where you wouldn't just treat them like normal boots and where letting them dry out is preferential?

Comment

• 13we2
                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                Uhh... what? What magical leather properties would BBS or CCP leather have where you wouldn't just treat them like normal boots and where letting them dry out is preferential?
                The oldest peices I own are about 5-6 years old so I'm not in a position to tell what they'd look like 10 years, 20 years later, plus I wear my leather garments with great care and often like to blow away the dust, etc. Like I said, they've lasted to the present day just fine. Maybe not as shiny as just purchased but certainly not any noticable signs of drying out. I've also seen disasters of people turning their CCP derbies or BBS veg tan jackets into slick and sparkling monsters because that's what their grandmas think (patent) leather should look like (if that's what you mean by "like normal boots").

Do you actually polish/oil your BBS F235 horse leathers? I do hope the experts here maybe even the designers hanging around here could share with us a piece of advise on how to take care of (particularly sz brands) leathers.

Comment

• Lohikaarme
                  • Jul 2013

I think you're conflating conditioner and polish.

Comment

• 13we2
                    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Lohikaarme View Post
                    I think you're conflating conditioner and polish.
                    The conversation was more focused on polishing ("creams or pomades"), I understand conditioning is a different matter but either way I just don't apply anything and the result isn't that bad. I am curious though if designers like Boris himself would condition their personal leather stuff regularly.

If you just read the last post in the leathercare thread, someone reported his experiment with a lotion (I guess a conditioner?) that transformed the color and touch of the leather, for better or worse.
                    Last edited by 13we2; 03-06-2018, 09:51 AM.

Comment

• bootsndpants
                      • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Hon View Post
                      A little over a month ago I bought a pair of O.D. Lined One Piece Prosthetic Boots in color 10 CORS (don’t have the label right now, don’t know the codes). These are my first pair of CCP boots btw. I took them to a cobbler upon arrival and asked him to Vibram the boots for protection. He basically only did the sole, not the heel, and insisted I wear the heel down a little bit and then Vibram it. I’ve worn them about 5 times and the heel is starting to wear slightly, in terms of getting the maximum usablility for the piece, should I go to another cobbler and have them Vibrammed? I may go into NYC to see Atelier NYC so I could perhaps go to a cobbler in NYC familiar with Poell. Also, any tips on cleaning them? Special creams or pomades for cordovan leather? Thanks a lot.
                      Hey... just reading some posts and thought i can lend a thought.
                      1. Cobblers know a lot but some are a bit pushy with opinions. The ones that are pushy i avoid. I found a good place in my area and always get sole/heel and heel taps done. I ask the cobbler to balance the boot and to shave the rubber if he needs to adjust as i prefer not to remove parts of the heel. I had that done once by Willie's of LA and it was fine. It is definitely a preference. Anyways i suggest to find a decent cobbler tell them what you want and they should do it.

2. CORS-PTC-10 - thats the same horse used for the scarstitch, 10 is color code which is black. cors is thinner than LUC/SBUC but nice, its same as this http://pnp-firenze.blogspot.com/2016...-lined_21.html (example isn't prosthetic but same leather/color)

3. Conditioning - All i have ever done to all my shoes is clean with wet cloth, condition with otter wax oil (saphir for my classic men's shoes), let dry and brush hard with horse hair brush.

hope that helps, cheers

Comment

• an_individual
                        • Jun 2018

Advertised by the seller as "Carol Christian Poell's second line". Anyone know anything about this?

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Fake news
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Monoral
                            • Mar 2014

The idea of Carol and new stuff, let alone a second line.

funny..

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                              • Sep 2008

Just got an email saying below:

Concerning an order of a sneaker, we really have to hurry, as they are being discontinued and replaced by entirely new styles, arriving in winter.
                              Anyone has more info on this?

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                                • Apr 2013

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                                Just got an email saying below:

Anyone has more info on this?

Indeed, it is true.
                                Originally posted by unwashed
                                Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                                Originally posted by Ahimsa
                                I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎