X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Damnit, why did I have to click this thread...lol. I want those jointed pants for sure now. That crew neck is also calling my name, hopefully A or AB will get that color in stock.

So after seeing a post by Runner on tfs. He said the crotch/knee joint trousers are the same ones being worn in the Lift.jp photos (the tan ones). And after looking back on those, they fit horribly in the crotch! (Just saved myself $1300...lol)
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

has anyone tried on the joint trousers? do they work? i tried on a joint shirt and felt that the sleeve was too long and the joint was sort of awkward...
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]has anyone tried on the joint trousers? do they work? i tried on a joint shirt and felt that the sleeve was too long and the joint was sort of awkward...[/quote]

Like I said before - doing something like that is an equivalent of shooting yourself in the foot. It has to sit exactly at the knee, and thus limits your clientele only to people who are of a certain height. Same goes for zippers at the bottom of the legs, elbow stitches that curve the arms, etc. etc.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

I agree with Faust, you definitely have to be the right size, height, etc. I have yet to try on the jointed garments, I'm hoping Maxfield will get some of the shirts in stock so I could try em. Although the shirts are outrageously expensive for what they are! I mean $1200-1400 for a shirt?! Yikes.

Comment

• Trendy Andy
            • Jun 2007

I LOVE the arms on this jacket, from the shoulder all the way down to the finger tips. [H] Do CCP make any other style that offer arms like these? It's F@cken marvelous~!!! [Y]

-Andy

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

[/quote]

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Although the shirts are outrageously expensive for what they are! I mean $1200-1400 for a shirt?! Yikes.[/quote]

foreeeeeal? [:O]

even the more expensive ones (jointed and double layered)are ?600 here if I remember correctly.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

the jointed shirt i tried on at the library is 750 pounds!
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

maybe I just remember incorrectly, but Ithough thejointed one was 600 or 700 in euros at L'eclaireur, maybe someone can confirm [:$]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Andy, the only other pieces that have this style arms are the knits from this season and some of the long leather coats.

Here's your best bet. Atelier is receiving almost shoulder length leather gloves with that kind of hand opening. Think the leather jacket's sleeve just cut off and that's what they're going to be getting in. Also, they'll be receiving the wrist long fingerless glove that's like the hand portion of that leather jacket.

No price points yet... but the gloves will probably be around $500 or so for the short ones and my guess is $800-1000 for the long one.

Not sure yet either when they'll be receiving the gloves as well... I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for the two pairs that will be set aside for me :)

PS- here are the alien glove photos. I figure i'd post them here so everyone could see em!

Kangaroo leather, Thin cotton lining inside

Shearling

Loooooovely! But pricey at nearly $600 a pair. There was a flash used on these photos (taken by JoJo at Atelier) so it makes the shearling gloves look more brown than they are in reality. Object dyed a blackish/greenish/gray/brown. You know how CCP is.... always better in person!

Based on what Joey said, the bottom pair are what are available at A right now.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

A whole bunch of photos... thanks to Runner from tFS!

Upcoming Boots:

Back view of the Jointed Leather Jacket (aka "what $10k will buy you")

Object dyed leather tie! CDiem also did a leather tie from waaaaaaay long ago.

The jointed pants look incredible. I really want to see a good photo of how they fit on someone. For that level of complexity in execution, they're a better deal for the price than the L shaped legged pants from last season as they both are (speculated) to be around the same price. If done right, I can see the jointed ones becoming a serious favorite pair of pants!

Joey, thanks for the suggestion in regards to the raindrop pants. I definitely considered them but want something with a more uniform texture. I remember almost buying a pair of CCP pants at A a while back (I think during last winter with the black leather, white overlock jacket) but they tapered too much and were tight on the calves. Maybe this season then!

An added little bonus, also thanks to Runner, a photo of CCP's second official season:

s/s 1995

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

maybe I just remember incorrectly, but I though the jointed one was 600 or 700 in euros at L'eclaireur, maybe someone can confirm [:$]

[/quote]

Maybe I'll see if Deuxmille can swing by and check it out. If they're 600 Euro at L'E then that's definitely the best price I've seen. Library's prices are UP there and Eastern Market, despite having good prices on most other items, still is selling it for around $1200 US.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

[quote user="Casius"]

Maybe I'll see if Deuxmille can swing by and check it out. If they're 600 Euro at L'E then that's definitely the best price I've seen. Library's prices are UP there and Eastern Market, despite having good prices on most other items, still is selling it for around $1200 US.[/quote]

yea that would be cool. what I remember for sure is that several shirts were in the ?300-400 region including the one I have, and some where around ?600. I just can't remember if that was the highest price level or not :)

[quote user="merz"]What does the man himself look like? Inevitable question - any photos of ccp in the flesh?
                          [/quote]

theres a pic of Carol in the first post of this thread :D

Comment

• xcoldricex
                            • Sep 2006

that color is gorgeous - my cdiem shirt is a similar color but more towards the blackish purple end of the spectrum.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Does anyone have any photos of the CCP horseshoe nail bracelet? Unfortunately the photos on Ateliers website have been taken down.

I'd be deeply indebted to you!

Thanks in advance!

Comment

• tony
                                • Sep 2007

aww i just love this stuff... does anyone knows where to get it in GER? except the cologne store...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎