Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MysteryDough
    • Feb 2018

My derby laces are falling apart. I don’t think the object dying process is very kind to them. Anyone know how to get replacements?

Cheers.

Comment

• Zak
      • May 2018

Just contact the store that you bought your shoes from and ask them to request CCP about spare pair of laces. I requested Samsa G.for a spare laces for my sneakers.

Comment

• MysteryDough
        • Feb 2018

Thanks. That was my first inclination. Any advice on what to do if the store is unresponsive?

Comment

• Zak
          • May 2018

Then request any other CCP retailer that you’ve ever purchased from(maybe purchasing other brands)or ask someone who can request instead of you. Besides Samsa G I had the same experience with Suus (Madrid) and the Office, my friend ordered spare CCP laces from PNP. They were also very helpful.

Comment

• BrianClevenger
            • Feb 2020

Question for the group. I recently purchased a CCP CORS Fencing Jacket, size 46. It's lovely. But it could be taken in about an inch in the midsection and forearms. Not terribly noticeable, but it doesn't fit as well as my high-neck ROOMS jacket. Are there any tailors you could recommend to alter the jacket? I'm in San Francisco, but willing to ship it to a remarkable tailor. Unfortunately, CCP doesn't offer alterations. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Go to the Archive and ask Arthur whom they use. I wouldn't ship it anywhere.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• 13we2
                • Sep 2015

Frankly a jawdrop moment for me to find someone actually did some serious academic work about CCP

JSTOR is a digital library of academic journals, books, and primary sources.

Chapter 6

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by 13we2 View Post
                  Frankly a jawdrop moment for me to find someone actually did some serious academic work about CCP

JSTOR is a digital library of academic journals, books, and primary sources.

Chapter 6

I'm not surprised. He wrote a good book on fashion a long time ago, called Tigerpsrung.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Ndavidov
                    • Jun 2018

Hey can anyone identify what "GGM" and "BI-TURN" mean https://drive.google.com/folderview?...f9vKiDXWysCeWf

Comment

• cristiand_82
                      • Apr 2020

hi, is there any way to buy/order the 2 buttons elastic system used to tighten the ccp pants (not all models)?

Comment

• darkpyramid
                        • Dec 2019

Originally posted by wornoutfinery
                        Hello,
                        I`ve been reading a lot about Carol Christian Poell in the last weeks and then I finally decided to buy my first piece. It´s a pair of derbies that I bought used, as I didn´t want to spend too much on my first item. Problem is, there´s no tag included.
                        I would be very thankful if you could help me identifying these.

I hope the pictures are alright.

Thanks in advance!

sure thing you will never see the tag if you mean designer name ,simply because your derbies is vibramed by the seller to protect them

your derbies is genuine according to your photos

so take a breath and rest !!

Comment

• oulipien
                          • Feb 2016

Originally posted by BrianClevenger View Post
                          Question for the group. I recently purchased a CCP CORS Fencing Jacket, size 46. It's lovely. But it could be taken in about an inch in the midsection and forearms. Not terribly noticeable, but it doesn't fit as well as my high-neck ROOMS jacket. Are there any tailors you could recommend to alter the jacket? I'm in San Francisco, but willing to ship it to a remarkable tailor. Unfortunately, CCP doesn't offer alterations. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
                          You could ask at Advanced European Tailoring in Berkeley.

Comment

• Do_Decor
                            • Jul 2018

Small question on CORS and ROOLS Jackets - how long does it about take to break them in?

Comment

• dji
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Do_Decor View Post
                              Small question on CORS and ROOLS Jackets - how long does it about take to break them in?
                              I'd say depends on the jacket model as the sleeve slimness varies, loosest to slimmest is scarstitch, high neck, fencing. Generally ROOLS will be easier to break in though as it is thinner.

Comment

• Do_Decor
                                • Jul 2018

My favourite CCP Leather is the Highneck.
                                It stands apart from the other models.
                                It‘s the most Ccp-ish of all CCP leathers in my humble view.
                                This is because of how it considers anatomy down to the bone.
                                (The neck, the tight pits, the elbow and glove sections in the p/gp versions etc)

I have two - a regular ROOLS/33 and a prosthetic CORS/19
                                Was going to sell one of them but I like both too much to give one away
                                (developed somewhat of a collector knack for leather in general)

They are actually two different jackets really due to the leather and color difference.

Meanwhile the Rools got some wear and starts to break in (noticeable effect after about 10 wears, it gets softer and one feels more at home in it)

The Cors is an impressive piece of art but something makes me reach for a different jacket when I open the closet. It‘s a bit less „approachable“. I had a similar effect with another Poell piece, a coat - which I avoided for some time although it fit well. At some point I forced myself to wear it and got used to it.
                                Or maybe it got used to me..

So wondering how long until that cors starts to get used to me (after I begin to wear it) ..? There is two processes, one being that waxy coating to vanish (which will make for some of the stiffness) and another the general stiffness of the material

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎