X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Those have literally never stopped being my favorite shoes since the day I saw them.
    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• mesh
      • Dec 2006

When I saw them in person they were rather disappointing. You can't tell from pics but the heel is just way too high. The diagonal zip boots are amazing, I would get those in a heartbeat.

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

i'm with johnny (obviously) on this one. the shoes looked a lot nicer than the boots. no problem in my opinion with heel being too high..

Comment

• Servo2000
          • Oct 2006

It's really too bad the bottoms won't stay like that for very long.
          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

he made a boot entirely coated in that coating.

Comment

• deuxmille
              • Nov 2006

kinda off topic, but i noticed yesterday that brad pitt is wearing an overlocked leather jacket in the new softbank ads - kinda cool.

Comment

• khiev
                • Nov 2006

The new CCP stock is here!! Here are the pictures of the two new CCP leather jackets. I cant decide which to get although I'm leaning towards the overlock one... problem is that it doesnt have the white stitching, but I suppose it'll perfectly complement my black ccp twist denim also w/ black stitching. The overlock is a matte soft calf leather whereas the fencing jacket is a stiffer more glossy calf leather. Overlock is $4700. Fencing is $4900.

I was also thinking that I should perhaps wait for the new M.A.+ leather jackets to come in. I dont know if A. even ordered some, but we'll see... I dont wanna blow close to 5K only to see a nicer jacket come in a couple of weeks later. Or should I simply invest the money in other goodies? What do you guys think? Anyway, without further ado:

The overlock jacket:

The fencing jacket:

Comment

• ddohnggo
                  • Oct 2006

i think the fencing jacket is better. but i think, you can do a lot more with 5k than buy one jacket.
                  Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• khiev
                    • Nov 2006

Yeah, all I really need actually is a nice really slim fitted jacket (but really really nice so that I wont ever get tired of wearing it). Rick Owens's version for this season is actually perfect, but I didnt want to rush before I saw the ccp pics. It'll be nice to have some leftover to buy some ccp clothing, or perhaps some m.a.+, luc, and maybe some from Albert's shop... thanks for the advice though.

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

The fencing jacket looks amazing but wow, $4700! What about last seasons overlock for around $3800? (personally, that's my favorite leather jacket of all time!)
                      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• khiev
                        • Nov 2006

Ooops, forgot to mention that these pics were taken by Gentry at A.

Comment

• justine
                          • Jan 2007

gorgeous jacket, but simply out of my financial reach.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

Oh jesus those jackets are absolutely awesome. K, you were right. The fencing one is the shiiit!!! If Carol only added the black overlock to it then it'd be perfection (even moreso than it is now).

I love them both but you really gotta step back and realize that you can do a LOT more with $5k than get a single leather jacket. I've almost taken the plunge myself several times but had to catch myself. $5K is a LOT to spend on one item. Get a RO leather for less than half that price (about $1500 via LVR like my roommate got his). Not as crazy as the CCP leather jackets but a really beautiful and solid one nontheless. Leaves you $3500 to do a lot with. You know that $3500 can get you a shit ton of stuff even at full retail.

If you were talking about $5k for say the Linea leather jacket, it'd be a different story. Carol essentially reissues the leather jackets every season (with some adjustments each time of course) and they do show up from time to time on yahoo and other locations whereas Linea leather jackets are damn near impossible to get.

I say save your money K and get something else for the time being while you wait for MA+/LUC to come in. LUC knit prices should be in the $500-800 range each so you'll at least get more bang for your buck. Plus your purple label leather jacket fits you damn well and you seem to really love it as you wear it a lot.Personally, I like to spend money on something I think is lacking in my wardrobe and wait until a good deal comes along for pieces like these CCP leathers (as lovely lovely lovely as they are)... be it color, a type of clothing (pants, buttonups etc.), footwear (need more good footwear, less sneakers) etc.

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Figures that the week after I go to NYC is when they get their CCP in.

I should give them a call and ask about the curved legged pants. I REALLY wanna see how they sit on the body. That and the white parka are the two pieces I'm really after this season.

CCP wishlist for the season (realistically):

- curved leg pants (if they actually drape the way I think they do) in gray or off-white

- off-white hooded parka

- off-white boots

I just have to settle on the fact that I'll only be able to (rather... only willing to allow myself to ) get one of those two leather jackets on sale (from one of the stores that does do a sale).

I think this season's CCP is a good opportunity to add some (off) white to my wardrobe. He does it so perfectly.

... I'm also working on convincing my girlfriend to allow me to buy the Linea travel bag from IF hehe. Let's see how much we get back on our tax return as that will be spending spree money! The parka and pants will be the first buys. Gotta call the guys at A tomorrow...

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Albert, any idea on how much those curved pants are? They look absolutely fantastic.
                              That white parka is excellent as well, would be a great purchase.
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Damn, just called Atelier. They didn't get the curved pants in just yet... just the leather jackets, a couple taped tanks and a white shirt is what JoJo just told me.

I have no idea about the pricing for either but they're both on my list! I'd probably pay up to $900 for the pants (provided the drape how I think they do...) and $2000ish for the parka. I know I'd get a lot of use out of both since they're off-white (in that perfect dirtied shade that Carol is a master of) and very cleanly finished. Goes with just about everything.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎