Page 10 of 529 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Carol Christian Poell

Default Re: Carol Christian Poell

Ah, the fencing jacket looks quite disappointing, maybe I'll need to see more close-ups. The overlock stitching jacket looks great though, supposed to be lighter and softer. I had no idea about the paper-leather jackets, and I'm not sure if A. will carry it otherwise they would've told me about it.

Damn Lift.... their website nagivation is SO annoying! At least make the flashing, epileptic seizure inducing photo slideshow larger!

Regardless, I couldn't really see what the fencing jacket looks like in closeup, but the boots look great. I'm really curious/excited to try on all these curved legged pants he's issuing this season. The U shaped ones supposedly do the twist without the offset stitchwork. Could be very cool!

...now what are the prices?

This duffle coat caught my eye. Man.... so fucking sweet:

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

i just talked to my friend in japan and he says that he can get a ccp 2007 lookbook for me at the end of febuary. i will definately post detailed pics from the lookbook when i receive it. cant wait!

I can't wait to see the lookbook.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Damn Lift.... their website nagivation is SO annoying! At least make the flashing, epileptic seizure inducing photo slideshow larger!

Regardless, I couldn't really see what the fencing jacket looks like in closeup, but the boots look great. I'm really curious/excited to try on all these curved legged pants he's issuing this season. The U shaped ones supposedly do the twist without the offset stitchwork. Could be very cool!

...now what are the prices?

This duffle coat caught my eye. Man.... so fucking sweet:

[/quote]

i like this look a lot
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

[quote user="bellapietra1501"]

some pics of the new collection on lift. apparently he produced some shorts! im not sure but this is the first time i have ever seen ccp shorts. didnt think it was his style. the jackets look very clean. the long jackets look great as always! there is a new style of brogues that look like alfred bannisters imo but still cool. nice light color boots. the new fencing jackets looks cool but i still like the old ones better, there sleeker and more rugged. no paper-leather jackets up yet. cant wait to see those.

just a sample...

sorry about the quality. its hard to save the pics when there flashing.

[/quote]

Oh the jacket in the second picture looks promising... cant wait tosee a detailed pic of it...

Any ideaon the price range of Carol leather jackets? just to get a roughestimate... i should head to the library to take a look.. but i know i will get talked into buying somthing...

/\ $5k
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

An online store I found today.

CLICK

They carry some really nice poell jackets (overlock leather) and other interesting stuff. The pricing makes them impossible for me to buy anything; but at least looking at those pretty pictures makes me happy. I'll only dream...

This is the first online store I've seen that carries Poell items in multiple sizes. The boots are relatively affordable at around 1000 euros, if anyone is rich enough to grab a pair :)

designersheep, you are my new hero. The prices are "reasonable"! As reasonable as CCP can get! Even early collection overlock kangaroo leather jackets!

The overlock leather jacket from last season at 3000 euro...

I wonder if these are standard european prices. I'm sure that you get inflation from Atelier along with the poor exchange rate/heavy customs fees.... if that's true, I wonder what Carpe prices are in europe as well!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

yeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Thank you so much, you just made my day!

Haha,
    good to know not everyone is as broke as I am.

I wonder whether they ship worldwide though, and the customs...

[quote user="designersheep"]An online store I found today.

CLICK

They carry some really nice poell jackets (overlock leather) and other interesting stuff. The pricing makes them impossible for me to buy anything; but at least looking at those pretty pictures makes me happy. I'll only dream...

This is the first online store I've seen that carries Poell items in multiple sizes. The boots are relatively affordable at around 1000 euros, if anyone is rich enough to grab a pair :)
    [/quote]

Oh fuck yeah, CCP liquor pouch for only 700 Euros!! I guess you start drinking early in the day when you realise you paid 700 Euros for a CCP liquor pouch...

/\ bahahahahahahaha
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I heard they come pre-filled with an artisanal, object-dyed alcoholic beverage (i.e. green St-Paddy's day beer.)

[quote user="drexl"]I heard they come pre-filled with an artisanal, object-dyed alcoholic beverage (i.e. green St-Paddy's day beer.)
    [/quote]

you laugh, but you can probably fill that think with liquor worth 700euros...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Aww, and they have the overlock leather jacket in my size (48) and some lovely black carpe pants for about $700.

Too bad I don't have $4700 to spend right now [:'(]

ah well... it's a hot site!

I noticed though that the guy who was selling a CCP leather jacket on ebay was using photos from this site. I wonder if they're connected or if he was being shady. He wrote me back saying he runs the mcbrands website.

Hahah damnit, a few days ago I stumbled upon Lazzari while googling 'carpe diem, chrome hearts' and I thought I could keep that site my little secret for a while!

Some great pieces in there! But personally at price levels over 2k I couldn't buy without trying them on first.. Great to look at still. They've got that crazy (human? or was it horse) hair tie there as well.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Aww, and they have the overlock leather jacket in my size (48) and some lovely black carpe pants for about $700.

I noticed though that the guy who was selling a CCP leather jacket on ebay was using photos from this site. I wonder if they're connected or if he was being shady. He wrote me back saying he runs the mcbrands website.

[/quote]

Did the seller on Ebay say he still had them for sale? I emailed him awhile back and he didn't respond...

Man I want that overlock jacket so bad...quite possibly the last leather jacket I would buy...after a CDiem leather shirt...and an Ann D. super-lightweight one...I'm a sad person.

There's some pics of new CCP shoes in the new 10 men's fashion mag. Worn with a Junya nylon trenchcoat and tracksuit trousers.They look v nice. No prices mentioned

[quote user="drexl"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

[/quote]

Did the seller on Ebay say he still had them for sale? I emailed him awhile back and he didn't respond...

Man I want that overlock jacket so bad...quite possibly the last leather jacket I would buy...after a CDiem leather shirt...and an Ann D. super-lightweight one...I'm a sad person.

[/quote]

haha, you and me both Drexl. That overlock jacket... i tried it on when they had one left at A... my god. I should have just run out the door with it on hahaha. It'll be one of those pieces that I will have to wait until I come across it for around $2000-3000. I can't spend more than that... it's too ridiculous.

I emailed the guy from ebay and same as you, got no response. Ah well....

I figure $2k could have gone to much better use. After all, with some smart shopping that can get you LOTS of LMaltieri/CCP/LUC pieces!

Don't worry about the wishlist you have haha. I keep telling myself "all I need is _____ and I'll be set!" but something new and awesome always shows up. Those bastards got us hooked.

I'm going to be realistic here and say I won't be content until my entire wardrobe is LMaltieri/Carpe/CCP/LUC. There. i said it. Now I'm no longer living a lie.