• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

clairvoyant
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Johnny
      • Sep 2006

right, thanks

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]clairvoyant
        [/quote]

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
          • Aug 2007

Atelier has the photos of their ccp buy at the store. your welcome

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

slightly shifting from earlier discussion.. but I just noticed theres a sligh tear on the fabric on my jointed pants.. seems like the paper-like fabric doesn't take too much stress, its in the crotch and has started to rip from the stitching. the stiching obviously punctures the fabric and thats the part that has given in. considering the rise is quite high and I wear my pants a bit low, I can see that theres some stress put on the crotch area, but still, I've never had this happen on any trousers so quickly. the tear is only a couple of mm, and that are is actually lined, so I guessits fixable, but I'm worried it'll happen in another part. so much for high quality, I know they're an unusual piece in terms of materialbut in my opinion you just cant use fabrics that wont last 5 times of regular wear better than this [:(]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

do you have the joint in the crotch and the knee? or is it just the knee? from the photo you posted i thought just the knee?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

try e-mailing the ccp account on the web site and see what they have to say. they could possibly give some helpful info?

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

jointed knees only, the crotch is regular. its the normal seam thats under the fly where the fabric is giving away.

I was just thinking that I might drop them a mail, not sure if it'll be of any help but atleast to let them know...

heres a photo if anyones interested. I would mind this a lot less if I hadn't worn them about 5 times [:(]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• Johnny
                    • Sep 2006

Mike that's not so good, butit does look easily repairable so I suspect nothing will come out of an email to CCP. I'm sure The Library would ahve repaired it for you for free if you weren't so remote from them. Shouldn't happen though, it's a bit of a worry. I totally agree with what you say about it being all well and good that they make things in these incredible fabrics but if they can't hold out for 5 wears, what's the point? This plus the story of the suit falling apart is making me nervous......

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

yea I can always re-do the seam to cover that up, I'll just have to hope it wont happen again

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

first ccp thing i ever bought, the rain pants, split one inch along the hip seam after one wear. seemed like a fluke. got them fixed and havent had any problems since w any ccp, except that last week, to my horror, my dry cleaner shrunk my rain shirt after mistakenly putting it in the dryer on hot w a pile of jeans. i'll never trust dry cleaners again. they always wash everything, instead of just dry clean. anyway, they saved the shirt by steaming it for a few days..sometimes i chalk it up to bad luck, shit happens, or the rain.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

just to add some spice to this thread:

the ccp s/s pieces are pretty cool. there seem to be two themes for this season, one of which is
                          perforation. so there are a lot of leather perforated items (double
                          level belt, gloves, leather backpack, soles of boots have
                          perforation!). as was stated, the non leather pieces are object dyed
                          this time around. saw one leather jacket, but it wasn't
                          object dyed. the boots that i saw look exactly like the hockeyes, but
                          instead of the clasp they have an elastic band around them; a nice
                          effect.

the other theme is wearable liners. there are a few
                          coats/jackets that have a liner, which is basically a mirror image of
                          the coat/jacket itself. the wearer can wear them independently or on
                          top of the piece. very cool concept.

there are a bunch of
                          shirts and one turtleneck that's constructed with one seam so there's a
                          bunching/stress point at the shoulder.

and also shirt that reminds me of a jacket because it has a ribbed band at the bottom of the shirt.

Comment

• Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="philip nod"]first ccp thing i ever bought, the rain pants, split one inch along the hip seam after one wear. seemed like a fluke.[/quote]

First CCP piece is an interesting topic. Mine was a pair of pants from L'Eclaireur, in April 2004.

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                              • Sep 2006

ah... 2004, the reason why i fell in love with ccp. especially the fall collection, by far my favorite to date. mine was a pair of the wrap around boots. didnt wear them as much since i bought a size 8 instead of a 7.it was stillworth it seeing the leather with my own eyes instead of through pictures.

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

My first CCP purchase was the rain trouser from SS07. Definitely still one of my most favorite pieces, but they definitely seem a bit fragile compared to other trousers. That's my only complaint about some of the CCP pieces, is the fabrics are so unique and used in extremely different ways that they sometimes seem too delicate.

But then again, I've ripped 2 pairs of cotton pants from RO, just trying them on...lol, both in the hem of the legs.
                                "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎