• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="mesh"][quote user="deuxmille"][quote user="mesh"]Seeing those guys wear it makes me want to buy poell.[/quote]

I have to complete opposite reaction. To me, unlike raf simons, CCP is not a brand that I like seeing or wearing from head to toe. I think I'm against the majority on this one, but meh.[/quote]

I should have been better at projecting my sarcasm [:D]

[/quote]

Yep. Had me fooled.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• deuxmille
        • Nov 2006

I saw two crazy jacket I had never seen before today... new collection perhaps?

The fabric was almost like paper, very thin and creased and a very nice dark shade of blue. The jackets seemed to have been held by tape from the seam I saw in the back. The cuts were just crazy, I can't really describe them. To be honest, it was a bit to much to my liking... but the fabric was just too nice.

Comment

• nairb49
          • Dec 2006

I'm with rice/2000 here, Poell is definitely someone who I think looks good sparingly. Too much is just way too much.

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]I saw two crazy jacket I had never seen before today... new collection perhaps?

The fabric was almost like paper, very thin and creased and a very nice dark shade of blue. The jackets seemed to have been held by tape from the seam I saw in the back. The cuts were just crazy, I can't really describe them. To be honest, it was a bit to much to my liking... but the fabric was just too nice.

[/quote]

yeah he used paper in his new collection- looks like its coming in already. no time for the wallet to recover, haha - might lay off the poell for awhile though.

Comment

• deuxmille
              • Nov 2006

it's in store now! hehe

If I recall properly, it wasn't that expensive actually... might be confusing with other pieces that were on sale. To be honnest, as much as I liked the fabric, the jackets were way too busy.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

any photos?
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• deuxmille
                  • Nov 2006

Not on my end... I'll try to find a camera and go take a few at the store, hopefully they won't mind.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

sweet. I love supersecret photos. I wonder if that means Atelier will be receiving new stock in these next two weeks....

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

A couple of blazers... the yellow stitch version was carried by A but sold out.

The gray one looks pretty cool... a little overlock-ish

Comment

• macuser3of5
                        • Sep 2006

I want the blazers! My favorite pieces of Carol's that I have seen are the simple ones: pants, l/s shirts, and his blazers... Damn, now I just need money... ;___;

Comment

• xcoldricex
                          • Sep 2006

the first one is made of denim - from two seasons ago.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

An 8,000000000 times better photograph (and black colorway) of the leather CCP jacket that was on ebay a little while ago. They took down that auction though... so I just shot the guy an e-mail.

Goes to show how crap photos can make even an amazing piece look like junk!

beautiful!

Comment

• xcoldricex
                              • Sep 2006

still think its junk :)

tried that piece on at barneys. it was very ehhhhhhh. i think this was horse leather, very very armor like.

Comment

• khiev
                                • Nov 2006

what is urs made of coldrice? Btw, I just got my ccp demin a couple of days ago, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎