X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Finally got to try on the fencing jacket as well. The leather is softer and more supple than I had originally expected (a stiffer feel based on the photos from last season's) and is really nice. I wish he'd cut the torso in more :(

I can fit the 48 but a smidge of stretch would be great especially at the shoulder. Aside from that, it'd be perfect.... but I think I'll not spend $6k on it and save it for MA+ next season.... alas, I have to step away from the fencing at least for now.

Satoru showed me the off-white boots that were destroyed by a customer. Rock hard. Absolutely rock hard hahaha. So sad!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

ah, you're in nyc? too bad, i'm in seattle!

yeah, i think i could fit into a 48 in the fencing jacket, but the 50 works well with layering so i'm pretty happy with it.

the white boots are hilarious actually.

the s/s collection pretty sweet!

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

No worries Joey, I was just there for the afternoon/evening yesterday mostly to see two good friends that wouldn't be there when I was back in NY after the 30th. Will you be around then?

I can't go to NY without stopping in at A no matter how short my trip is :)

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

i fly back the 29th this month. we should grab a drink or something.

did you get anything at A? i should treat myself because i got a new job offer!

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

That sounds great Joey. As we get closer to the timeI'll pm you :)

I didn't pick up anything at A this time but I mostly just stopped in to see the CCP stuff and MA+ stuff firsthand and to chat with JoJo and Satoru to catch up.

When I go back, I just may have to walk out with a few goodies!

Congrats on the new job offer!!!

Comment

• ionn26
              • Feb 2007

Joey.. congratulations on the new job.. more money to buy CCP [86]

Albert.. so I am interested to hear from what you have to say about the fishtail.. it still haunts me.. but I am still on the sideline and haven't taken the plunge. I am suprised that you say the fishtail is shorter than what you see on the photo, thats a surprise.. As with regards to the fencing jacket, I think that 48 would be too small for you. Size 50 is perfect.. we have the same sizes.. you, me and Joey.. now no fighting boys.. [75]

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

I didn't actually try on the fishtail coat but on the rack the tail didn't look as long as I had thought it to be in photos. Definitely a lovely and head turning construction and design without you having to worry about the tail getting dirty or anything like that. I was really struck with the raglan back coat. Very clean and classic. It all depends on what you're looking for and you absolutely can't go wrong with either you know?

The 50 would probably be spot on now but after I wore the size 52 overlockI had from the spring it definitely stretched. Also, I tend to wear mostly t-shirts (pretty much all the time unless I'm wearing a button up or something) and the 48 fit really nice and with just a tad of wear they'd likely stretch to fit perfect.

Regardless it won't be a purchase I'll be making in the near future I don't think. That $6k can buy me both hoodies from MA+ this coming season, the curved hip seam MA+ pants and still leave me with $2k you know?

At least I know the fit now hehe

Comment

• ionn26
                  • Feb 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

I didn't actually try on the fishtail coat but on the rack the tail didn't look as long as I had thought it to be in photos. Definitely a lovely and head turning construction and design without you having to worry about the tail getting dirty or anything like that. I was really struck with the raglan back coat. Very clean and classic. It all depends on what you're looking for and you absolutely can't go wrong with either you know?

The 50 would probably be spot on now but after I wore the size 52 overlockI had from the spring it definitely stretched. Also, I tend to wear mostly t-shirts (pretty much all the time unless I'm wearing a button up or something) and the 48 fit really nice and with just a tad of wear they'd likely stretch to fit perfect.

Regardless it won't be a purchase I'll be making in the near future I don't think. That $6k can buy me both hoodies from MA+ this coming season, the curved hip seam MA+ pants and still leave me with $2k you know?

At least I know the fit now hehe

[/quote]

Thanks Albert... got it.. so your size 52 stretched out alot already? I guess it is time to size down?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Well, it didstretch out... I actually sold it a number of months ago both because it fit on the large side and on top of that, the upkeep was just plain too much. Every drop of water on it I later on would have to wipe with a moist cloth to smooth out the edges so that it wouldn't leave a circle when it dried!

Too much work hehehe

Comment

• ionn26
                      • Feb 2007

Albert... I remember that you actually got the size 50 in green overlock leather from Lazzari right? So what is this size 52? or did you get the size 52?

I think t he purpose is so that it looks wear and tear as you wear it more and more.. I think really I would like the leather not to stretch out that is my always biggest concern, rather than dirtying the merchandise.. I love it how you would wear it and it would fit you to your shape...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Yeah, I had purchased the size 52 based on trying on the 50 and 52 at Alan Bilzerian before I left for Berlin. The 50 fit tight in the sleeves (I actually couldn't get my arms through them while wearing a thick cotton LMaltieri long sleeve so I defaulted to the 52... I should have tried it on with a tshirt instead as I normally would wear).

The 52 definitely stretched out (not to mention that it's a bit annoying that Carol cuts kind of generously through the torso) in the sleeves. I believe it was you (or someone else?) that mentioned that at the Library the SA twisted and turned a white overlock thus bringing it up about 1/2 a size?

Comment

• lll
                          • Dec 2007

seems that attachment's biting ccp too [79]

Comment

• DHC
                            • Jul 2007

Oi!
                            Originally posted by Faust
                            fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

A photo of the upcoming perforated gloves as posted by Runner on tFS:

Comment

• xcoldricex
                                • Sep 2006

also come in neon yellow!!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎