X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

i can't believe you slept on that fencing jacket a few months ago albert- and i didn't bid on it because you said you were! it ended going for only 80,000 yen too...

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Totally my bad D, next time I'll be on point!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• khiev
        • Nov 2006

what? That very same fencing jacket that A just received? Or is it a different one?

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

carol did one a long time ago.. had two zips instead of just one.

Comment

• khiev
            • Nov 2006

I appreciate the advice guys. I still went ahead and bought the poell fencing jacket in sz 46. I weighed the cost/benefits, and I think that getting this one special jacket is definitely worth more than getting a cdiem leather shirt and a rick owens leather jacket. One of the reasons I got it is because of its stiffness and yet it's also light enough to wear it during the summer. As you may know, a stiffer leather jacket will look more beautiful over time (it'll mold over your body, and will leave a greater imprint of the owner's personality) as opposed to a soft leather one, which is one of the reason I chose this over a ro's jacket.... I mean, it's a long term investment after all.... Another reason is (crudely and frankly) due to its exclusivity- rick owens' jackets wont be hard to find (or a style similar to it) whereas this fencing jacket is not only super unique, but it's also one of the only 28 that Poell produced around the world (hahaha, what a shrewd and clever piece of marketing isn't it?).
            I also asked Gentry questions regarding the fit since the jacket doesn't look at all fitted from the arms, but he told me that as a rick owens medium size, he couldnt even fit it the size 46 because of how slim fitting the jacket is.
            Anyway, I'll see how it fits when I get the jacket tmr and I'll post some pics wearing it once I break it in!

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Congrats khiev!! I'm sure you will get some fantastic use out of it and I personally, can't wait to see pictures. :)
              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                • Sep 2006

congradulations on the purchase khiev!!! please post some pictureswhen you have the time. its an awesome jacket.

Comment

• khiev
                  • Nov 2006

Thanks guys, I'll def. post some when I break it in... in the meantime, here's a picture of a staff at A. rocking the fencing jacket in size 48, which sold out btw.

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                    • Sep 2006

do you know if they have a picture of the overlock leather jacket being worn by someone in the shop. the fencing jacket looks amazing! would love to see the overlock jacke worn.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

hehe, Gentry rockin that shit.

Man... they sold the 48s already eh? that's what you ended up getting Khiev? Funny how he cut these small this time around. The overlocks from last season were cut big! I fit the 48 easily and likely could have sized down.

maybe I'll be convinced to pick one up in europe where it'll be sliiightly cheaper hehe.

Can't wait to see photos of when you receive yours! I bet it can't arrive soon enough for ya mate!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

A - i just tried to send you a pm - did you get it?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Nothing in my inbox johnny.... try resending?

Comment

• khiev
                            • Nov 2006

Yeah, Gentry told me they sold out of the 48 when I requested for a picture of him wearing it. I'm a small in a rick owens so apparently the size 46 is the right one for me, which also happens to be the only one that A. ordered. Will post about the fit when I get it soon!

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

I went to check out Poell at A before you freaks buy it all [:D].

What can I say, it's amazing... I don't care if I can't afford it, I just like looking at it nonetheless :-)

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• khiev
                                • Nov 2006

blast it!! Freaking fedex came way after our post office closes here... it's a damn known fact among regular fexex employees that everything should be delivered by noon over here (and they havent failed yet)... damn it... must be some new driver...I'll have to wait until monday to get the package. Faust, which ccp pieces did you see at A.?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎