• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="khiev"]blast it!! Freaking fedex came way after our post office closes here... it's a damn known fact among regular fexex employees that everything should be delivered by noon over here (and they havent failed yet)... damn it... must be some new driver...I'll have to wait until monday to get the package. Faust, which ccp pieces did you see at A.?
    [/quote]

Everything they bought - two types of leather jackets, a white button up, and reversible tanks with taped seams.

Their Yohji Yamamoto buy is absolutely amazing. I'll have to go post it in SS07 thread.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• khiev
      • Nov 2006

please do. Is it the same stuff that were displayed on his runway show S/S '07... beautiful collection.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

K, mondays a federal holiday... you may have to wait until tuesday [:(]

...hate to be the bearer of bad news

I can't wait to see what it's like worn and the details!

For Atelier, this is just their first shipment... shoes, pants and other stuff to arrive whenever Carol decides to ship it haha. They didn't order the off-white duffle :( booo

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

that leather jacket will look awesome after years of wear.

has Atelier put ccp stuff on sale or do they keep the same policy as cdiem?

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Same policy unfortunately... although during their blowout sale they put a select few (select few!!!) items on sale. None of the really amazing stuff though. The cool pieces were carried over.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• khiev
              • Nov 2006

really? bummer... [:@]

the tracking number still indicates that it'll be here on monday and so did the lady fedex rep... but if not, then thanks for the heads up Albert.

Comment

• ionn26
                • Feb 2007

Khev it sounds like you have hypnotized by the sales guy.. lol. You know everywhere I go who carri CCP gave me the same story and that rings the alarm bell for me if it is a mass collaboration of the designers and retailers. LOL... Neverthelss I have to say better buy it now then when it hikes up to 10,000USD I guess... :-)

I have both CCP leather jacket and boots. I have to say I love the boots VERY MUCH. Leather jacket is so so.. Cdiem is better and more limited like Albert said. Actually my all time fave is still early Dior Homme pieces. they are classics.

Congratulations on yoru buys though. I remember when I splurged on CCP leather jacket.. Oh man.. took me a VERY LONG TIME to recover... but nevertheless, looking forward to see a photo of you wearing it!!!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Hot! Care to snap a photo of your ccp jacket ionn?

Comment

• khiev
                    • Nov 2006

Well I suppose I was hopeful that the leather jacket would fit me the way I think it does in my mind. I was willing to splurge $5K anyway at Atelier anyway (they would've given me store credit if I'm not satisfied with the jacket) whether the jacket fit me or not, so their basic intent of wanting to extract as much cash from me as possible didnt work on me since I felt like I had nothing to lose. If it didnt fit, then I would've simply waited to buy some nice ccp pants, some rick owens, cdiem, and an M.A.+ leather jacket.

The days that I used to be persuaded by salesman are well past me now- those were the days when I used to buy $500 gucci jeans and $700 shirts because of the brand name and compliments from the salespeople. As you may have guessed by now, I've already sold most of my luxury brands junk on eBay except for a few truly well made pieces [Y]

I think everyone here is aware of all the schemes and compliance principles that salespple come up with- in fact, I even wrote a thesis about it in my seminar class last semester. Besides, I trust Gentry, and it's been a loooong time since I've resold clothes that I've bought in the last two years.

So it came to no surprise when I received my ccp leather jacket just a couple of hours ago that the jacket fits me exactly the way I wanted it to fit me, and how Gentry said it would...and the leather is sublime.... it's so light, stiff yet comfortably supple. I'd still choose this jacket over two cdiem leather shirts any day. Seriously, wow.... I cant describe how cool this jacket is in real life, the attention to detail is amazing, I could take so many snap shots of them...

Anyways, I've posted some pics in waywt...

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

My god man, that CCP jacket fits you damn near perfectly!

Mad props!

Speaking of items fitting, I think I've decided that my RO black leather jacket may be 1 size large on me (ie- I need a medium). It's always felt a little "puffy" in the torso, but maybe it's just because it's padded.

Seeing yours makes me really truly deeply regret not bidding on the one that popped up on Yahoo Auctions...

Again, sick ass buy. I hope to acquire it or the overlock in the next few months or so!

Comment

• drexl
                        • Sep 2006

Lazzariweb just added the overlock jacket and fencing jackets on the site in a green-ish grey color, amazing prices (relatively speaking, of course)

Fencing jacket, sizes 50/52 for about 2650 Euros (and add a 5% discount of top of that).

Overlock jacket, sizes 46 to 54, for about 2500 Euros (again, substract 5%)

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

wow, atelier marked it up $1500 more than this site.

edit: took a look at the site, and the fencing jacket is around 3350 euro. so atelier costs $500 or so more.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• khiev
                            • Nov 2006

damn I'm loving the fencing jacket more and more.... I wore it all day yesterday (and I mean all day....wore it over my pjs, wrote my paper with it, even went to sleep with it, hahaaha)... it's starting to break in very nicely now: the leather beautifully adapts to the contours of my body and now I have all these cool crunches on the body and the arm...
                            it's hard to tell from the pics I posted on waywt, but it definitely looks more rugged now. Somehow it's kinda strange to me to think of the jacket as sleek, esp coming from Poell...and yet it's definitely bad-ass (the leather?) and elegant (fencing design?) at the same time.... seriously, I sometimes hang it side by side with my purple label jacket and I wonder how in the world can the PL piece only be half the price? It should bloody be 1/4th at the very least!! It looks like a museum piece....Super satisfied....[:D] sorry guys, couldnt help it....[A]

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

oh man, you're making me really want one K.....

no! no! must resist and wait!

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

wow, atelier marked it up $1500 more than this site.

edit: took a look at the site, and the fencing jacket is around 3350 euro. so atelier costs $500 or so more.

[/quote]

This makes me long for the good old days - 2001 1 Euro was worth $.85. Now it's worth $1.30. So this jacket would cost $3k instead of $5k.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎