X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deuxmille
    • Nov 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

oh, do I want those white pants and shorts... and long coat, for good measure.

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]oh, do I want those white pants and shorts... and long coat, for good measure.[/quote]

co-sign. also, the asymmetrical white shirt is awesome.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]oh, do I want those white pants and shorts... and long coat, for good measure.[/quote]

co-sign. also, the asymmetrical white shirt is awesome.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• xcoldricex
          • Sep 2006

nothing new? the belts have been done before, the shoes have been done before, the asym shirt has been done before... the buttons on the coat look off for carol...

that said the shorts look great

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

almost everything here looks great, the only two things i hate are the short sleeve shirt (just really bad) and the shorts which seems like the inseam is cut at a bad angle.

looovvvve the jeans , the shoes and the belts, the coat is great too but not my style

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

it all looks alright to me. Nothing mind-blowing thus far for this bit of stuff. The asymm buttonup is nice. I'd buy it :)

As for the short sleeve shirt it's just meh, although the shorts have an interesting curved cut. Simple but nice.

I much prefer his fall/wintery items :)

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• arcdxxx
                • Mar 2007

The asymmetrical shirt doesn't work in my opinion. The asymmetry is too subtle, which makes the shirt appear to be either ill-constructed or riding to one side.

It looks like a mistake.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Hmm. I see what you mean. It's more distinct when untucked which is presumably how one would never wear it. I would love to see one where the buttoning actually curves around the body (ooh... another project!!).... maybe I should have picked up some dress shirt fabric from the guy selling cloak fabric on here a ways back....

I want to see more photos (and clearer ones!) of the various curved legged pants....

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• arcdxxx
                    • Mar 2007

Even untucked it is too subtle. The overall drift from the center line can't be more than 3".

It would be cool to see buttoning curve around the body. it might require help getting dressed and undressed.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                      • Sep 2006

i have one of carol's old asym. shirts done the same way but on the old one the collar is also asymmetric and removable - i think it looks fine untucked (i almost never wear buttons up tucked)

Comment

• arcdxxx
                        • Mar 2007

Is it just me or is there a disconnect between

1. Carol's leather items, shoes, & jewelry

and

2. his other clothing such as jackets, shirts, etc.

especially as evidenced in these pics.

The items from goup #1 above are much more edgy and tough.

Items such as the short sleeve shirt and shorts (and even the long jacket) above are quite milquetoast. While undoubetly excellently tailored, they are bland and uninspiring.

I own a carol shirt from 3(?) seasons ago that had the overlock stitching running vertically every 2" or so. It is a killer shirt that expresses the designer much more than a barely asymmetrical dress shirt.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Some better photos of the U shaped pants... although I think these aren't even the most severe U shape available:

Overlock as well! Lovely.

I did notice that the hem is very small in width. Needs to be a piece that one probably has to try on... but still very cool. I think he cut corners on the back pockets though... why no overlock?!

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

I think there is a bit of a disconnect, but i don't agree that the no 2 items are bland. I have a couple of his jackets and they are so sharply cut, so beautifully made, display such attention to detail, that they do inspire. I like the less tough things myself, so maybe that's just a matter of personal preference. When I see some his (more wild) leather jacketsI have the same thoughtsas you, but just draw the opposite conclusion (if you knowwhat I mean).

Comment

• explicit
                              • Jan 2007

[quote user="xcoldricex"]i have one of carol's old asym. shirts done the same way but on the old one the collar is also asymmetric and removable - i think it looks fine untucked (i almost never wear buttons up tucked)[/quote]

yeah, this is the ccp shirt i have too. i really like how it looks untucked (i must admit, though, that i often wear it as a layering piece since it's so light).

Comment

• nairb49
                                • Dec 2006

Love the asymmetrical white shirt, the shorts, and I'd be all over those white pants if I wore white pants...

I don't know if I'll ever be able to like button down short sleeve shirts.... something about them just irks me.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎