• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threeve
    • Jun 2008

Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="philip nod"]

I went with the black derby's over the grey (really more green), purely for versatility. The shoes were sized correctly at 10, which i'm a 10.5 or 44. Although, I feel both the 11 and 9 could have worked.

when you inform the lurkers, apologies lurkers, that the 9,10, and 11 can fit your incredibly versatile feet, you set off a chain reaction in which p nod gets pms where lurkers, apologies again, need correct sizing info. don't you see, we must get this right for the lurkers, i am so sorry lurkers [51], but how can your feet expand like that? i want your magic feet so i can fit into a size range equivalent of approx. texas [87] how do you do it, the lurkers need to know!!! [H]

and for versatile, well that depends. i mean one can wear black all summer and all season, i have no problem w that at all, as you know i'm am awaiting to get my ninja license [79]reinstated from merz so i am trying to be a good ninja. (but, take note, i got big plans for The Merz) [86] but say you introduce a bit of color into the mix, blue grey linen jil sander shorts, a yellow ochre virgin wool distressed black dries noten cardigan, a LUC reversible black and white carbon l/s[:|], all of a sudden the grey become quite expectionally versatile in pulling together complete outfits, while your black, beautiful indeed, are content to lurk in the shadows. all apologies....[66] (death to all) lurkers.

[/quote]

it'sreplies like this that shows why there are so many lurkers. all i was saying is that had i blindly ordered the shoes going on what people had said been saying here, I would have been probably ok with the 9 (though a bit tight). had i gone with matteo's recommendation of 10, i would have been just fine. and had I simply made a mistake ordering the 11, that might have worked too with an extra insole. i guess it all comes down to trying them on in person whenever humanly possible. not sure i followed the whole grey as versatility argument, but to me it's up to personal style. definitely, the greyish green makes more of a statement. for me, since i'm wearing these shoes for life, like a tatoo, i want to make sure it's a color that i will always like-- even if it is 'safe'.

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

it'sreplies like this that shows why there are so many lurkers.

thanks for the compliment

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

very charismatic:

black object dyed coat

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• theaddict
          • Apr 2008

I am suffering from Poell desease...
          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

tell me about it.

i predict i will breakdown and cop the derbys and xadam will buy the object dyed coat.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

taped blazer =

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theaddict
                • Apr 2008

The longer i think about the invisible seam pants the more i want them...
                Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• threeve
                  • Jun 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]

[/quote]

wow, it's like talking to a wall. at least it's an expensively dressed wall.

Comment

• Real Real
                    • Feb 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

[/quote]

I'm going to go down to Atelier and take a look at those shoes...from the picture, they look virtually identical to a pair of beat-to-hell black cordovan Alden derbies I have.

That black object dyed coat looks great, though, and the perforated kangaroo jacket...amazing.

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

[quote user="threeve"][quote user="philip nod"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

[quote user="threeve"][quote user="philip nod"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you gotta recognize where pniddy is coming from. sz is a really great forum (best forum imo) to talk about these designers and in turn has a really tight knit community. when someone comes in here and the first post is about sizing when it's been covered numerous times, is a little disheartening. i'm not sure if you were pming him about sizing, but it's a little off putting. i think what he's trying to get at is trying to be a little bit more involved rather than just "taking" from the forum (that's my view). your review of the shoe was great, and hopefully you can contribute some more.

btw, the "wall" actually is stylin on many people. i have been blinded by it before.

Comment

• Who?
                          • Aug 2007

I agree with ddohnggo, questions like that are bothersome because it shows a lack of effort. A simple search would help you find answers in the mens footwear thread, the sizing help thread, this thread and a few others.
                          WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

• Diego
                            • Aug 2007

This I'm waiting for:

edit - my ganja stash is needed right now in this thread.

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

/\ looks beautiful indeed.

Agreed here. I don't even buy these things, being a female and can not afford to right now, but it is even frustrating to read questions over and over for issues that can be solved with a minutes worth of searching. The contributors here are very well informed and spend time and effort discussing things in an intelligent and often times quite humorous manner. It is disheartening to see this precious CCP space taken up with such repetitiveness, when there are exact threads that deal with these questions. Quite honestly, it comes off as plain laziness. This is a wonderful place to learn and be a part of, but you need to spend the time and effort, if you want to be taken seriously. [51]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• threeve
                                • Jun 2008

[quote user="ddohnggo"][quote user="threeve"][quote user="philip nod"]

it's replies like this that shows why there are so many lurkers.

[/quote]

[/quote]

you gotta recognize where pniddy is coming from. sz is a really great forum (best forum imo) to talk about these designers and in turn has a really tight knit community. when someone comes in here and the first post is about sizing when it's been covered numerous times, is a little disheartening. i'm not sure if you were pming him about sizing, but it's a little off putting. i think what he's trying to get at is trying to be a little bit more involved rather than just "taking" from the forum (that's my view). your review of the shoe was great, and hopefully you can contribute some more.

btw, the "wall" actually is stylin on many people. i have been blinded by it before.

[/quote]

nope that wasn't me pming p-nod about sizing. i'm not sure what that was about, obviously some sort of in-joke. i made a very educated inquiry about sizing. i simply surmised that people on this forum said the shoes ran small, whereas lazzari said they didn't. i'll admit i was just plain lazy, given that i have access to trying them on in person. i was tempted to buy from lazzari in order to skimp on sales tax. anyway, i'm definitely getting the noob treatment, which is fine. my attempt at being involved was even mocked, so who knows. if by contribute you mean buy up more CCP, no thanks, i can only afford one piece! i respect the insular nature of this forum, keep it up. but i'll be moving on. thanks for what advice you did offer, and good luck finding your holy grails. and to philip nod: be nicer to people.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎