X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • clay
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Just checked out the video for spring on the CCP website and it is mind blowing! I may be late, but better late than never.

Comment

• giantreptile
      • Jun 2008

how are the owners of the derby's dealing with the removableinsole? i want to take it out because it seems kind of ill-fitting, yet without it the shoes are too damn hard on the heel. I'm half tempted to just replace it with a dr. soles type thing.maybe i should let it wear in more?

Comment

• soultek
        • Feb 2007

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]

I'm looking forward to the A suit version 2.0.

[/quote]

Do we know if the new suit will be a 50/50 blend as well?

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

i believe it's supposed to be a 100% wool suit.

regarding the insole, i left mine in. i can probably take them out until the shoe gets broken in some and then put it back in afterwards.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• pipcleo
            • Jan 2007

Last edited by pipcleo; 09-01-2010, 01:23 AM.

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

think the library has them pip

Comment

• pipcleo
                • Jan 2007

thanks johnny

mailing them now

Comment

• osn19
                  • Feb 2007

I just tried on a complete suit (ss08 black pants + jacket), all with invisiseam construction, and I kind of agree with you. It looks like the whole thing is going to tear apart. Plus there is one real"hole" under each armpit. Not very elegant, but I guess that otherwise you couldn't raise the arm !

BUT the worst part of this construction,isIthe feeling that it is very very fragile. I had it on me for only 10 minutes,and I could already feel it"cracking" (like feeling of tearing :(even though I wasn't making any special movement. For 3000?, I wantsomething I feel confident with, that willnot be destroyedafter a few days of wear.I've been dreaming of a CCP suit for some time now, but I am not getting this one.

[quote user="soultek"]

Can't say that I understand why the invisiseam pants are so outstanding (other than it's a totally unique construction method). Makes one look as if one is splitting one's pants. To me the inseam twist looks more interesting than the invisiseam itself. (also, can't say I liked those accordian pockets too much either). well shit, now I have to go and try them on myself. Internet appraisal of CCP just doesn't cut it.

[/quote]
                  Originally posted by blacksuit
                  wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="osn19"]

I just tried on a complete suit (ss08 black pants + jacket), all with invisiseam construction, and I kind of agree with you. It looks like the whole thing is going to tear apart. Plus there is one real"hole" under each armpit. Not very elegant, but I guess that otherwise you couldn't raise the arm !

BUT the worst part of this construction,isIthe feeling that it is very very fragile. I had it on me for only 10 minutes,and I could already feel it"cracking" (like feeling of tearing :(even though I wasn't making any special movement. For 3000?, I wantsomething I feel confident with, that willnot be destroyedafter a few days of wear.I've been dreaming of a CCP suit for some time now, but I am not getting this one.

[/quote]

Very interesting osn! This is what I had surmised about it as well. Lovely in construction and concept but the long-lasting/durability of it is dubious to me too.

For 3000 euro, I honestly think you should go for either a classic black CCP tape seam suit or a jointed one... it would end up being a tad cheaper too I believe.

The invisiseam construction makes any potential repairs extremely difficult as well based on the photos people have posted as there is no visibly easy access to the clear thread stitch as it's sealed in place by tape. If you popped a seat stitch you'd be in some trouble both socially and financially [74]

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

xadam, post your thoughts

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

my thoughts althought i haven't tried on the blazer yet, but will most likely buy it, we can drink martinis together xadam, but would hate to run into problems.

from trying on the pants the shit is well made. this is poells genius to make a piece about peoples greatest fear, popping a seam because they are fat fucks. his work is all about fear. thats why i buy it. thats probably why i'll buy it, because to wear fear to is to live in the present.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

i would think that it's a combination of the fat fuck-ness as well as giving the clothing more movement. the pants expands and contracts whenever it needs to, same with the jacket. plus the armpit vents will let your body odor breathe well.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="merz"]

[quote user="philip nod"]

this is poells genius to make a piece about peoples greatest fear, popping a seam because they are fat fucks. his work is all about fear. [/quote]

you know, when i first saw images of the suit, this is kind of the angle that came to mind. its as though he's underscoring apparent fragility of this piece, so i'm guessing the materials at work have to be robust enough to keep it from actually happening.

[/quote]

merz, you take fashion theory to a new level.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• cro426
                              • Dec 2006

my thoughts althought i haven't tried on the blazer yet, but will most likely buy it, we can drink martinis together xadam, but would hate to run into problems.

from trying on the pants the shit is well made. this is poells genius to make a piece about peoples greatest fear, popping a seam because they are fat fucks. his work is all about fear. thats why i buy it. thats probably why i'll buy it, because to wear fear to is to live in the present.

[/quote]

well said.

Comment

• soultek
                                • Feb 2007

[/quote]

Never thought of it from this angle. Interesting. You know, CCP has been pretty receptive to replacing articles that have problems, so I guess that's incentive.

BTW, I tried on the very long black mesh shirt from SS08 at Maxfields. It's got glued seams unlike the shirt version (which I bought). The underarms also have 'vents' and were still cut pretty close (tighest part of the shirt for me). Some of the glue leaked out of the seams and IMO didn't look good aesthetically on the black shirt. Shit was expensive too, well over 1k.

They also had the white glue seam shirt which I thought was not compelling enough to pick up.

Also had the weird grey/blue/green combat soled boots and shoes.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎