• Jan 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

a real environmental contradiction

would love a standard overlock in that though

Comment

• Jon
      • Apr 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]of course one has to pony up $8000 to find out just how temperature functional it really is [90]
      [/quote]

Holy Shit, I'm robbinga bank.

Originally posted by merz
      perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

That thing also makes horrendous noise.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mass
          • Sep 2006

never been a huge poell fan but that thing is so ill. i love the short ones more but shit...

Comment

• kompressorkev
            • Dec 2006

i read that Lift is displaying an archived collection of CCP since 2003 for this pastweekend, and it ends tomorrow (july 19 through 22nd). also, there will be a movie presentation by CCP. anybody members in japan going? Lift's installations always look pretty cool.

Comment

• Pinoy
              • Dec 2006

^^ that sounds awesome, kev. i know this has nothing to do with CCP, but i just wanted to share about the last time i was at one of the lift stores. I honestly can't remember if I was at ecru or etage, but one of them had this piece on display called shadow art (i think that was the name?).

in any case, it was a 3D wire-mesh figure suspended in mid-air with a spotlight shining on it, creating a unique, complex shadow on the wall.. this shadow had so many different layers and gradients, and i found so incredible that the shadow that was the focus of the artwork instead of the mesh figure (which was pretty fascinating in its own right). incredible stuff.

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

[quote user="Jon"]

...just.... [87]

grail status.

I don't even want to know how much... [70]

[/quote]

K, I will admit, I don't get it. What's the allure of this piece? It looks like a cheap performance parka covered in perforated leather.

I know his pieces, in general, look way better in person, so this could be grand, but I just don't see what people are liking in this at all. Is it the utter insanity of covering a water/windproof jacket with leather full of holes? Is it the silhouette somehow? I just don't see anything to like here.

Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Jon
                  • Apr 2008

For me it's marraige of practical utilitywith top quality construction (glued seams, special treatments, other CCP signatures), versatility (implied in the practical utility?), materials, cut and fit, the lines and proportions... I'm not the type to get too caught up in 'poetic', artsy clothes. I'm more of a design freak and the concept of this coat just feels blatently apparent to me, even if I'm not doinga good job of communicating that.
                  perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• uparmoured
                    • Sep 2007

I wonder if the the leather on that jacket is the same type used on the uber light kangaroo perforated gloves... If so I wonder how sturdy it would be with heavy usage...
                    FS: M.A+
                    FS: SIZE XS ANN DEMEULEMEESTER WAISTCOAT

Comment

• matthewhk
                      • Jan 2007

that parka is insane...if it was done in black i would totally wear that thing

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="theetruscan"]

K, I will admit, I don't get it. What's the allure of this piece? It looks like a cheap performance parka covered in perforated leather.

I know his pieces, in general, look way better in person, so this could be grand, but I just don't see what people are liking in this at all. Is it the utter insanity of covering a water/windproof jacket with leather full of holes? Is it the silhouette somehow? I just don't see anything to like here.

[/quote]

It's only special as an object. Just quite a technical feat to make something like this - I don't think it's that awe-aspiring as a garment that one wears. Don't think it's versatile either, and I bet it's a bitch to wear.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jon
                          • Apr 2008

[quote user="Faust"]It's only special as an object. Just quite a technical feat to make something like this - I don't think it's that awe-aspiring as a garment that one wears. Don't think it's versatile either, and I bet it's a bitch to wear.[/quote]

Doesn't bother me too much. I think there are plenty of styling opportunities (as illustrated on A's website with the 'long parachute coat') to play around with, which has actually turned out to be one of the most appealing things about Damir Doma's pieces for me so far.

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

dude i hate to break it to you. once you see this you realize its unwearable and impractical in all mannerisms.
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Jon
                              • Apr 2008

it's better that way. now I don't have to worry about how many kidneys I need to sell to buy that damn thing.

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

as a destroyer of all worlds art object though it cant be beat
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎