X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bellapietra1501
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

4...5K?! i had a hard time deciding on the twist jeans. thats like buying a reallyold honda civic [:D]

cant deny that its a great looking jacket. the stitching looks beautiful in white. looks great on the model but to be honest i think it would be hard to pull off. which is why i hate models....everything looks good on them.

maxfields has the gaunlet glovesand areversible leather jacket. they are so rude on the phone. its irritating!

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

bella, do you happen to have a camera? i would really like to see the twist jeans worn by someone!

yeah, that's why i never call maxfields and i didn't even have a chance to go to the store since they were closed the day i drove out to see it =\

Comment

• bellapietra1501
        • Sep 2006

believe it or not, but i am actually selling my twist denim jeans. its just a luxury i cannot afford. i have a lot of clothes and i need money for a trip i am planning for my sister wedding. shes getting married next month and i want to get her a trip around europe. shes always wanted to but has never had the time. plus, shes my only sister and i have almost all of the money to get the trip. id rather make my sister happy. i just posted it on ebay and there is a picture of a man wearing the jeans in black denim. hope this helps. i dont have any pictures of my wearing them and probably wont take any pictures. just pictures of the jeans. it took me all week to decide on whether or not to sell them. at least i still havesome of his boots. hope they sell ( :

yeah, maxfields has very bad customer service on the phone. sorry to hear that. i hope im not doing anything wrong by saying that i am selling them. if yes, i will delete the post if it bothers anyone.

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="bellapietra1501"]

believe it or not, but i am actually selling my twist denim jeans. its just a luxury i cannot afford. i have a lot of clothes and i need money for a trip i am planning for my sister wedding. shes getting married next month and i want to get her a trip around europe. shes always wanted to but has never had the time. plus, shes my only sister and i have almost all of the money to get the trip. id rather make my sister happy. i just posted it on ebay and there is a picture of a man wearing the jeans in black denim. hope this helps. i dont have any pictures of my wearing them and probably wont take any pictures. just pictures of the jeans. it took me all week to decide on whether or not to sell them. at least i still havesome of his boots. hope they sell ( :

yeah, maxfields has very bad customer service on the phone. sorry to hear that. i hope im not doing anything wrong by saying that i am selling them. if yes, i will delete the post if it bothers anyone.

[/quote]

I'm sure nobody minds, especially considering there are many Poell fans posting here. By the way there's a section for classified, feel free to post info about the item there, you might sell it outside ebay and save up on related costs.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
          http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[/quote]

Man, I don't mean to bust your balls, but time after time I have come across you selling high-ticket items days or weeks after you bought them at Atelier and such, and there is always a story behind it. Why are you so fickle? Would it not save you a lot of emotional anguish and overall hassle to just not buy the things you cannot afford? Why not simply appreciate them without having to buy them? We all want things we cannot afford - I understand that, but why go through with these purchases if you have to let them go and lose money on them? I am asking in good faith, not trying to be mean. Anyway, I hope it works out for you, and feel free to post the jeans in the classifieds - maybe someone will help you out.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Agent L
              • Sep 2006

I feel your pain bella. I had the same exact jeans but returned them for credit towards another item. Your listing is very tempting.

Comment

• bellapietra1501
                • Sep 2006

reply appreciated faust. it really isnt a financial situation when it comes to selling them. i purchase items that i love, appreciate, and sometimes as an impulse. i have alot of ccp items and i sell items that i dont necessary need. i love each and everyone one of my ccp items and sometimes find that i have a surplus of them. for instance, if i havent worn an item for a long time and find that i do not necessarily need it in my wardrobe or have to sell it for personal reasons than i am willing to sell the item. same goes for newly bought ones as well. if i have items that i have outgrown in regards to appreciation andwillingness to havewhether it being a day or a month i will sell them. i really dont see whats wrong. people buy things all the time and return them for reasons only fit to themselves. i bought these jeans because i really liked them the first time i saw and tried them on. i still love them. i just dont seem it necessary to keep them when i can sell them to add to my sisters wedding present. i have enough money but why not sell them if i want. you only get married once and whats worth more... making your sister happy on the happiest of days or wearing these jeans for my own sake. i can sell alot more ccp items if i wantbut i do not want to. i want to sell these. its not about gaining or losing money. i purchase ccpitems for the love and creation of them. i can sacrifice my happiness for my sisters or any other reason i see fit. i dont know why i am really explaining myself to you. its no concern of yours but i did feel that you came on a little strong. i do not want to come off asan absolutearrogant and smugbrat. i am only a college student and work hard for everything that i have. i hope that i did not come off as a person whois over jealous and boastful, i am simply explaining. i am sorry for this very long reply and for numerous systematic spelling errors. it is very late.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

reply appreciated faust. it really isnt a financial situation when it comes to selling them. i purchase items that i love, appreciate, and sometimes as an impulse. i have alot of ccp items and i sell items that i dont necessary need. i love each and everyone one of my ccp items and sometimes find that i have a surplus of them. for instance, if i havent worn an item for a long time and find that i do not necessarily need it in my wardrobe or have to sell it for personal reasons than i am willing to sell the item. same goes for newly bought ones as well. if i have items that i have outgrown in regards to appreciation andwillingness to havewhether it being a day or a month i will sell them. i really dont see whats wrong. people buy things all the time and return them for reasons only fit to themselves. i bought these jeans because i really liked them the first time i saw and tried them on. i still love them. i just dont seem it necessary to keep them when i can sell them to add to my sisters wedding present. i have enough money but why not sell them if i want. you only get married once and whats worth more... making your sister happy on the happiest of days or wearing these jeans for my own sake. i can sell alot more ccp items if i wantbut i do not want to. i want to sell these. its not about gaining or losing money. i purchase ccpitems for the love and creation of them. i can sacrifice my happiness for my sisters or any other reason i see fit. i dont know why i am really explaining myself to you. its no concern of yours but i did feel that you came on a little strong. i do not want to come off asan absolutearrogant and smugbrat. i am only a college student and work hard for everything that i have. i hope that i did not come off as a person whois over jealous and boastful, i am simply explaining. i am sorry for this very long reply and for numerous systematic spelling errors. it is very late.

[/quote]

It's not a problem, really. I was just wondering what it was. Sorry if it came off as an insult. Peace.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Yeah, I opted out of getting the jeans at A... one of the reasons being the price tag. I mean, I can get almost two laptops for that price these days! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the way they look, I'm just balking at the price.

Bellapietra, I sent you an e-mail via ebay inquiring about the exact measurements (especially the waist) as i'm not completely familiar with CCP clothing. I may pop a bid in for your jeans.... this will require me to liberate my closet of some other clothes. I'm trying to operate on a one in one out policy.

Hope to hear from you soon!

-Albert

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

I went to Atelier yesterday to check out the jeans (and other things). They are extremely long - I don't know how a person under 6ft could pull it off without major tailoring. Also, because they are quite volumnous, you'd have to be really lanky, I imagine. They had this black deer leather jacket (it's in the new slideshow) with white stitching, goddamn, it was beautiful. Poell is a real master.

I also so Amadei bags - they were very nice - I liked the harmonica effect. The hardware is actually antiqued silver. I was scared to ask about the prices, brrrr....

BTW, Label Under Construction coming to Atelier next season.

[/quote]

Man, don't you sometimes wish you had all the money in the world to spend on some of these pieces?

.... or at least have CCP go on sale? hahaha

If I could have that jacket, the twist jeans, and a few more ccp pieces (I do regret not getting the dress shirts with the wires in it). I'd be a happy (and stylish!) man!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

some more pix

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• xcoldricex
                          • Sep 2006

i really really want to see that kangaroo leather scarf. i don't know any store that picked it up... anyone know?

i had a chance to pick up that leather bomber but i dropped the ball... only went for ~$780 too! :( :( :(

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

FW04 - I think this was his best season where a lot of staples were created, and which launched him to a certain stardom in that niche market that many of us operate.

"elephat" color jeans with overlock stitching.

blue jeans

blue jeans fly detail (note the slanted buttonholes - another little touch)

coat held together with a tape at seams

exposed inside of the same coat so you can see the construction

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Washed leather coat (Dracula comes to mind)

Another one (I think this one is too hardcore for Dracula)

Inside construction (you can see the tape again)

Dress shirt with the turtleneck collar attached

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Buckwheat
                                • Sep 2006

Got to love those leather...especially the wine color leather coat. Yummm....

Do those tape constructions hold well in heat? i.e. through dry clean and such?

Anyone knows where I can replace those screw in button on the jeans? I took mine to the dry cleaner and they freaking lost the top button! I tried to go to Home Depot and hope to find something similar....but no luck.

Thanks for the photos Faust.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎