Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Heirloom, love to see a Wilhelm shot of something similar. It'd be interesting!

Trebre, can you tell me more about your invisiseam suit? I'm really considering buying/ordering one but the only thing that worries me is the pants as I don't want them so tight that the seam is "open" all the time at my thighs and calf. How do they fit? The only actual fit photo I've seen were the Atelier shots so I can't really judge there.

Also, how is the underarm vented? Literally at the armhole?

The footwear looks pretty interesting. Some of the boots reach higher up on the leg a la guidi but the treatments are the best especially devastating on the pure black diagonal zips.

The hiking boots complete the concept of the collection but to me aren't anything really worth throwing down on. Unlike most of Carol's work, latex dipped hiking boots don't have a timelessness about them hehehe
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• theaddict
      • Apr 2008

I have the invisiseam pant, it fits quite tight, although for my superskinny legs its just right...i guess for any other person it will be quite sticky...thus only when i sit down the seams open, at least around the leg.

In regards to the jacket, i ordered it in the regular version. Tried the invisiseam jacket, not a fan of it. The fabric i have tried (dont know if there are other versions) feels quite rough (its unlined), and the fear of ripping it is constant (yeah i know its CCP and fear is included in the price). You definitely have to watch your size Albert, unless you are quite skinny i would watch out since its unforgivable...
      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Thanks So-Ang for the rundown!

i haven't had a chance to try on anything invisiseam unfortunately. If I'm a classic size 50 should I size up? I had to size up in the Atelier special edition suit mostly because of the pants. Although the waist fit, the legs were so wicked tight I was afraid to sit down and couldn't bend at the knee. I ended up with the 52 and just need to take the waist in about an inch or so.

my concern with ordering a size up as a special order is that the vertical seat seam is also invisiseam so I can't exactly take the waist in once I receive it... CCP may have to adjust their pattern to accommodate.

Also, with the jacket, why the fear of ripping? The stitchwork or something else? Pnids told the story about ripping the invisiseam jacket, but not at a seam. Just curious as i'd like to know what I'd be getting into hahaha

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• what is the invisible seam really? I don't understand it. The only CCP garment i've seen irl is an overlock leather jacket. can someone post a photo of the jacket, i can't find it.

Comment

• Diego
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
            If I'm a classic size 50 should I size up?
            For the jacket yes, not sure about the pants. I'm a 48 and bought 48 pants / 50 jacket. I use the suit a lot without problems, and I used to be a fat fuck.

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
              what is the invisible seam really? I don't understand it. The only CCP garment i've seen irl is an overlock leather jacket. can someone post a photo of the jacket, i can't find it.

Comment

• theaddict
                • Apr 2008

well i am a 46 and took the 46 pants. But as i said, i am superskinny. And the invisiseam goes aroun up to the back waist area. So taking in would be not possible...i would say. The back waist are is also the point which makes me think that it is fragile. On my pants the last seam seems to be not sewn too tight. Well it still holds but i didnt wear it much either...i would love to have this pants without the invisiseam. The twist in the leg, the cut and the material are just perfect for me.
                For the jacket, listen to Diego, he has obviously more experience with it. I just saw several people at darklands who assured me that they are a 48 and tried the 48 and i had to interrupt the whole procedure bc it was obviously like 2 sizes to small for them...

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                Thanks So-Ang for the rundown!

i haven't had a chance to try on anything invisiseam unfortunately. If I'm a classic size 50 should I size up? I had to size up in the Atelier special edition suit mostly because of the pants. Although the waist fit, the legs were so wicked tight I was afraid to sit down and couldn't bend at the knee. I ended up with the 52 and just need to take the waist in about an inch or so.

my concern with ordering a size up as a special order is that the vertical seat seam is also invisiseam so I can't exactly take the waist in once I receive it... CCP may have to adjust their pattern to accommodate.

Also, with the jacket, why the fear of ripping? The stitchwork or something else? Pnids told the story about ripping the invisiseam jacket, but not at a seam. Just curious as i'd like to know what I'd be getting into hahaha
                Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• poltergeist
                  • Mar 2008

ccp aw 10

New CCP jacket (€ 4350)with spiral white pants(€ 2400).

Comment

• Time & Space
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by poltergeist View Post
                    New CCP jacket (€ 4350)with spiral white pants(€ 2400).
                    FUCK YEAH.. FINALLY....LOVE IT...
                    "With all due respect to Jesus Christ, Elvis was the greatest philanthropist of all time" -- Elvis Impersonator

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

thanks D! I had totally forgotten that you already got some invisiseam jawn hehehe. Damn, I'm in a predicament then... may have to special order and specify waist and thigh measurements due to the seat stitch.

Thanks again as well So-Ang. Maybe I'll get to try one of these on at Sartorialoft when I head out that way.

The leather price above is not so bad... on par with last season, but the pants.... c'monnnnnnnnn

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

poltergeist, thanks for the picture. however, i will maintain that the jacket is still the wackest of the arnolds.

carol does not believe in a receision. 6k leather and 3k pants. you can't fuck with that.
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                          poltergeist, thanks for the picture. however, i will maintain that the jacket is still the wackest of the arnolds.

carol does not believe in a receision. 6k leather and 3k pants. you can't fuck with that.

hahaha

$3k pants are the new $1k dress shirt!

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

srsly. aka will have to sell both his kidneys to get those drop crotch jeanz.
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

how much were those drop crotch sissypees he kopped this season from A? $1200?

I remember when I had hesitated picking up some CCP pants at A for $600ish (full retail) back in the day.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                                what with those octopus-dildo fingers?
                                new fingerless gloves. Same concept as the elastic front-cuffed ones except an elastic around each finger and thumb. They look pretty cool but I still worry about the elastic that carol uses since it seems to easily stretch out and deform.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎