Page 4 of 528 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: Carol Christian Poell

Default Re: Carol Christian Poell

hm. maybe i can make one of those spiral belts. i have that buckle from another poell belt...

Those spiral belts look neat, but I don't know how they sit on the body... I can't imagine that they'd look alright through belt loops around the waist to be honest with you!

-A

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

I thought about it a bit more, and in regards to the metal based accessories (twisted nail ring, wire necklace), you can do the antiquing probably with some acid too. Yesss time to put some of the various acids I have here in lab to work!

-A

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Those spiral belts look neat, but I don't know how they sit on the body... I can't imagine that they'd look alright through belt loops around the waist to be honest with you!

-A

[/quote]

had a picture of it before, not sure where it is now. i thought it worked though.

I have a question that I have been randomly wondering about...how are the twist jeans constructed so that they actually, well, twist all the way up the leg?

when he designed the pattern, he made the front and back panels exagerated or offset so when the side seams are sewn together they end up twisted.

Here is another "where can i buy" question... sorry

im going to amsterdam, antwerp and paris next week and wanted to know who stocks Poell... im thinking, l'eclaireur in paris???

This isnt the right place to ask but if anyone has any "must-go" places in these cities it would be much appreciated... i promise to take pictures of anything good i see!!!

the library and l'eclaireur carry ccp.

the library's in london though, right? I will be going to london too, eventually, but not on this trip... would anyone know which of the two have the more complete collection and which is more 'competitively' priced.. i always assume that london will be more expensivefor some reason...

oh that's right. i've never been to europe so someone else should help you out. you should probably put a post in the shopping forum though.

i dont know if this might help but the only places in europe that i know that sells ccp is....

PODIUM. MOSCOW, russia TEL. +007 095 7953787

BARROWS. BOLOGNA,italy TEL. +39 051 228352

L'ECLAIREUR. PARIS, france TEL. +33 140 410807

CHEGINI. WIEN, austria TEL. +43 1 5332058

K.H.. COLOGNE, germany TEL. +49 221 25780323

MARTELLI. MANTOVA. TEL. +39 0376 321604

RAFFI. TREVIGLIO (BG). TEL. +39 36349944

RAFFI. TREVIGLIO (BG). TEL. +39 36349944

i think the last two are in italy but im not sure. hope this helps for future reference.

sorry about the repeat. i was rushing a little.

[quote user="Monty76"]

Here is another "where can i buy" question... sorry

im going to amsterdam, antwerp and paris next week and wanted to know who stocks Poell... im thinking, l'eclaireur in paris???

This
    isnt the right place to ask but if anyone has any "must-go" places in
    these cities it would be much appreciated... i promise to take pictures
    of anything good i see!!!

[/quote]

L'eclairer
    is definitely the place to go for Poell. They have several stores
    in Paris - Johnny knows which one is best. As far as Antwerp -
    well, I could probably write a book on shopping there :-).
    Definitely hit up the Ann Dem boutique, Louis, and the Dries van Noten
    boutique. In Paris, there is also Colette, obviously, as well as
    the newly opened Rick Owens boutique and the CDG store. I don't
    really like Paris dept. stores...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

"only" haha, that's a LOT more places than I expected!

I wonder what CCP's total production of pieces is every season considering there are probably 10 stores in japan as wel that carry the line and then 2 in the US....

Suddenly it's not as exclusive as I thought it was.

i put a preliminary stockist list in the original post.

well.
    i'm sure most of these places don't carry much more than 5 pieces.
    only a few places actually have a substantial amount of poell.

......and he posted a few of the shops more than once.

oh good call. I wasn't even paying attention to the names at all.

So what's the total store count then for the world? 17 or so?

You're right, chances are most places don't carry but a handful of pieces. I wish the little pamphlet with ( X of X made) came with each and every item.

Bella: definetely useful info... now i will know that there is some poell shopping to do if i hit up those cities...

Faust: How bout we start a shop by city forum, and we can write difinitive shoplists for major cities... i can write onefor Hong Kong, you can write onefor Antwerp and wherever else... and then we can all add to each others lists... any comments on this, or on a possible format for theforum - i started a thread in announcements andfeedback

i will definetely check out ann dem, louis and cdg, thanks... i also heard about a store called box 18 that carries undercover and number nine though i doubt the prices will be reasonable.. what kinda stuff they carry at louis BTW?

[quote user="Monty76"]

Bella: definetely useful info... now i will know that there is some poell shopping to do if i hit up those cities...

Faust: How bout we start a shop by city forum, and we can write difinitive shoplists for major cities... i can write onefor Hong Kong, you can write onefor Antwerp and wherever else... and then we can all add to each others lists... any comments on this, or on a possible format for theforum - i started a thread in announcements andfeedback

i will definetely check out ann dem, louis and cdg, thanks... i also heard about a store called box 18 that carries undercover and number nine though i doubt the prices will be reasonable.. what kinda stuff they carry at louis BTW?

[/quote]

Louis stock rotates pretty often, I think - I've read reviews of them carrying Ann and Dries, and I haven't seen any the two times I was there (maybe because they opened their own store by now). They have a lot of cred, since they were the first to stock Antwerp designers in their infancy. It is definitely the place to go for Raf - he has a good relationship with them. When Raf took one season off from fashion, he did one capsule collection exclusively for Louis called Raf Simons Archives (I'm lucky I happened to be there and buy a piece). It also has a good stock of Margiela. It's a small store, but well-edited.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

i was just wondering. did poell do any other "runway shows" aside from the mainstream downstream?

minority rev

full size pictures:

pic 1
    pic 2

pic 3

haha if the small ones are $650 at A. i wonder how much these go for...