Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marko
    • Jul 2009

I would want to see the dipped ones in person, but from images I think they looks great. I can imagine that wearing them would make it looks like you are melting into the ground.

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

sounds like the same deal as with the boots, L'eclaireur had a pair that was super soft (kangaroo?) compared to the usual.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

So you think that the same versions could differ in the different shops?

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
        sounds like the same deal as with the boots, L'eclaireur had a pair that was super soft (kangaroo?) compared to the usual.
        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• misterpale
          • Apr 2008

i´m gonna check the booklet tomorrow and let you which leather my pair has,sa

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
            So you think that the same versions could differ in the different shops?
            well the boots at least were made in different types of leather, maybe the dipped derby might be the softer type as well
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• misterpale
              • Apr 2008

i just checked the tag ,which is attached on the dustbag,and it says:GROIL...anybody a clue?

Comment

• theaddict
                • Apr 2008

no idea D...hmmm, anyone? so it could be that the leather on the A derbys is thicker...damn...

Comment

• Trebre
                  • Mar 2009

no idea D...hmmm, anyone? so it could be that the leather on the A derbys is thicker...damn...
                  Spoke to Satoru at A about the derbys and he said leather is superthick.
                  I'm seriously thinking about getting a pair.
                  I got a pair of boots from this season and they are exactly as stiff as my previous pair from SS 08.
                  They have a curious double layer leather. A thin lining on the inside of the boot.
                  But the outer layer is real thick. How is the noseam pair you got at Darklands? Soft?

Comment

• Monty76
                    • Sep 2006

sorry to butt in, but i was just wondering what derbys you're all talking about... i dont see any on A's website...

Comment

• misterpale
                      • Apr 2008

derbys/oxfords wtf...i guess everybody knows what pair of shoes are in the spotlight!

Originally posted by Monty76 View Post
                      sorry to butt in, but i was just wondering what derbys you're all talking about... i dont see any on A's website...

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

hmmm, ok, seems then that their derbys are thicker than ours since ours is really soft, never seen such a leather on CCP shoes.
                        In regards to the noseam high boots, i dont remember exactly, they were pretty much sold out after a couple of days and i tryed them on only once for the shoot. I can tell you more when the next shipment comes in. Campbell ordered a whole bunch of them for the store.

Originally posted by Trebre View Post
                        Spoke to Satoru at A about the derbys and he said leather is superthick.
                        I'm seriously thinking about getting a pair.
                        I got a pair of boots from this season and they are exactly as stiff as my previous pair from SS 08.
                        They have a curious double layer leather. A thin lining on the inside of the boot.
                        But the outer layer is real thick. How is the noseam pair you got at Darklands? Soft?

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by misterpale View Post
                          i just checked the tag ,which is attached on the dustbag,and it says:GROIL...anybody a clue?
                          funny, mine was most likely misspelled then
                          it says "GRAIL"
                          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• BSR
                            • Aug 2008

hmmm, ok, seems then that their derbys are thicker than ours since ours is really soft, never seen such a leather on CCP shoes.
                            According to the pics on darklands website, it looks like that these dipped derbies are not made of cordovan, but of a thinner and softer skin, probably kangaroo. That would explain the contrast with the usual thick cordovan derbies (I tried both dipped and non-dipped cordovan derbies in Paris, they were equally thick and harmful).
                            pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                            Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• snafu
                              • Apr 2008

addict i tried on the boots and the derbies this season both, were very soft as in shockingly soft for carol this is not the wedge derby but the regular one in white.
                              but also tried another no seam spiral boot from the library which is the same style as the grey but thicker

he did use two different leathers in his white footwear this season
                              i think it must depend on what the stores bought

library's is thicker still soft
                              but l'eclaireur's thinner still soft personally i loved this for the boot it made the fit around the ankle much nicer than when stiff

Comment

• theaddict
                                • Apr 2008

hmmmm, thanks for the rundown.

Snaf, P and the others what are your thoughts about the dipped derbys? Yay or nay?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎