• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

whoops sorry, 1999-2000
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
      a further tease (along with one of the more wearable 99-00 pieces):

Personally i really enjoy looking at Carol's forays into his womenswear interpretations. His earlier experiments with it I find fascinating because although not practical or often times wearable, it is interesting as a viewpoint and certainly many of the outfits make their butts look good

I don't get a level of violence or anger out of the clothes per se. Certainly constriction/restriction plays a big role in many of the looks (even the dress above that Arto posted is actually stiff molded leather laced together at the back... it just looks natural) and perhaps one could interpret that as how Carol feels with womenswear design rather than disdain for the female form itself.

Regardless I think him essentially settling on sizing down his menswear pieces for women is a good middle ground for him. Collection visions are not diluted and many of the pieces can look damn good on the right woman. Carpe womenswear was a bit odd, but the unisex pieces on the right woman looked great.

I'd love to see a girl wearing the new leather jacket combined with some slim pants. There's a strong elegance in Carol's work that transcends gender. Not so much gender neutral, but something that both sexes can identify with.

There are certainly Carol fails and I think this current collection has a lot of them but even the garments that aren't wearable or are more impressive as a concept rather than something to put on still fulfill their job fleshing out the idea behind the collections.

That being said, I think this is the first collection where a ridiculous amount of current season pieces are hitting classifieds here, Y! and other places. Not sure if it's a sign of the times or a sign of good ideas that end up being not wearable in the end.

No matter what though, I still enjoy looking at carol's work more than any other designer (Altieri should be up there as well but you just don't see new shit at all and people talk in whispers about this piece or that piece but photos never show up nor do people get the opportunity to try/see things in stores).
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• reborn
        • Aug 2008

haven't seen it posted yet...AB has a pic of the red gloves and red dipped sneakers on their website...planning to make a trip there over the weekend. Hope to see IRL.

Comment

• YoungM
          • Nov 2008

Originally posted by reborn View Post
          haven't seen it posted yet...AB has a pic of the red gloves and red dipped sneakers on their website...planning to make a trip there over the weekend. Hope to see IRL.
          They're both pretty cool, especially the gloves. Gorgeous color. Red shoes were awesome too, would kop if I was a baller.

Red boots were less awesome though. Something decidedly chunky about them, that wasn't present in other versions I've seen.

Comment

• BlackLeatherKelly
            • Jan 2009

I thought the red boots at Alans were very cool,not chunky.Just the regular ccp side zip style..but really bright red!The red gloves to me looked like work gloves dyed red. The sneakers are art,in my opinion.Interesting,but not something to wear.

Comment

• fenrost
              Banned
              • Mar 2009

new ccps at cento cose

ccp high collar retractable gloved jacket (amazingness)

and the highly anticipated "dope" coat

"dope" composition : 60% ramie 40% wool

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                • Mar 2007

which cento cose site did you get those pics from Fenrost?

The cento cose site I always go to does not list them carrying CCP...

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                  • Mar 2007

Thanks! Found it...

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
                    • Mar 2007

re: the Dope coat.

The cento cose site states the colour as gray.
                    - Is it a deep gray...almost like black?
                    - Is this coat available in black?

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2009

^ I ordered the dope fabric from Darklands, apparently it's jet black.

Comment

• fenrost
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2009

heh.... so is all the new ccps in darklands.. campbell have an affinity with black.. ;)

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                          Banned
                          • Aug 2009

November 13 they're supposed to get a new delivery. Apparently the 'dope' coat wont arrive till later though

Comment

• fenrost
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2009

^ great purchase. a coat to follow one till their death. :)

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                              Banned
                              • Aug 2009

Thanks man. One of two purchases I have this forum to thank for, since joining. The other was the m.a+ collapsible bag. Now I just need to hope the coat fits.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎