X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

I'm going to hazard a guess.... $5000, give or take $500 hehe.

Poell definitely does a nice 44 but as these pieces change in size from season to season, either try one on if you can or buy through a store that you trust will give you a fair and accurate measurement or suggestion. The ability to return/exchange is also a huge plus :)

For 44 though you may have to go through Japan, but if it's like this past season's overlock jacket, it was cut small so a 46 sould have done you well then and maybe the same this coming season.

I'm thinking about starting to save now for another CCP leather jacket.... we'll see what happens.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Yea, I would guess $5G's is going to be the price, if not more (because the addition of the joints and glove sleeve).

I'm really going to try and pick up a jacket this Fall as well, but probably not a leather one. I would really love a blazer or more casual jacket; I really want to see the raglan jacket. I'm just hoping they won't be over $2,000.
      Well, A will most likely be recieving some calls come this Fall. lol [:D]
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• JohnFG
        • May 2007

my first post didn't work...sorry...here it is:
        look what I just found re A/F 2007:

(1) CCP

http://www.mattotti.co.jp/shelter/shopping/poell/index.htm

Great pieces of Carol for the upcoming season ... have fun!

JF

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Nice find!! Even if it did take 3 trys, lol. My day is now officially complete.

Comment

• JohnFG
            • May 2007

@all: sorry about the 3 tries..need to get used to posting here...should work now!

Comment

• ddohnggo
              • Oct 2006

man, they need to get the bigger pictures of the poell pieces working!
              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]man, they need to get the bigger pictures of the poell pieces working![/quote]

Word!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="merz"]

albert, i'm on the slim side of 44, so japan might be a good suggestion. You seem to be in the know for such things as to where poell is to be found in japan, so perhaps you could keep an eye out for this particular size/jacket when the time comes. Its good enough to pony up the retail.

[/quote]

I'll keep an eye out Merz. As John has posted on here, Mattotti may be a good source later on as well!

Carol drops a few "showstopper" pieces every collection.... I'm wondering if the glove leather jacket will be the one for this season or if there's another mindblowing piece coming up that we haven't seen yet.

I checked the prices on the link that John provided and anything with a joint on it gets a few to several hundred bucks tacked onto the price (ouch.) Regular zip boots are like 210,000 yen and the one with the front joint is 270,000 or so! Yeeeps.......

That glove leather jacket is still a killer killer piece. I wonder what the leather is like... if it's stiff and thick or more like last collections.... I'm guessing it's thicker due to the season it has been issued in.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

I've also noticed that the Japanese stores selling CCP vary quite a bit. The white denim blazer for Spring 07 was 252,000Yen at Barneys but lift has it for 304,000Yen!! Some of the prices are on par with other retailers, but most of them are way inflated. But I am going to guess this collection is going to be more than previous, but I hope it's not too much.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]I've also noticed that the Japanese stores selling CCP vary quite a bit. The white denim blazer for Spring 07 was 252,000Yen at Barneys but lift has it for 304,000Yen!! Some of the prices are on par with other retailers, but most of them are way inflated. But I am going to guess this collection is going to be more than previous, but I hope it's not too much.[/quote]

You and me both Cas. The collections just keep surprising me. With the dozen photos we've seen here it's got the makings of yet another great collection!

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

Finally, some big pics...heheh.

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Well after seeing these, I can say that there looks to be a very good mix of traditional items and the ones with the joints, gloves, etc. The blazer looks great (typical Carol tailoring), the grey shirt is a fantastic color (his shirts are my favorite!So this is a must for me), the leather jacket is a great color and the fit looks amazing. The floating black leather belt is great and those black jeans are nuts! (please, please, please don't be $1000!) Still eager to see the boots with the joint, but I must say, if they are hundreds more, then that is one gimick I won't be buying into as I think the footwear is pretty cool regardless.

Also seems like there is a lot of grey this season. After translating, it seems as though the colors listed for the footwear is black, grey black, and light/white grey.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

this collection seems pretty standard fair, although that jointed leather jacket is insane. nice clean lines, wish he made some more fucked up materials like the leather/paper mix to use in the actual clothes. that would be really interesting.

i doubt i'll pick up anything from this collection, but i do like what carol does with things like denim with the overlock stitching to give it an edge. i still think the best stuff he does is footwear.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• xcoldricex
                              • Sep 2006

mmm are the buttons on that shirt a nod to cdiem button ups? :)
                              that belt is dope. i keep forgetting i have poell belts though...

and i'll just say that i think his footwear is probably my least favorite things he makes... definitely not saying his footwear is bad though!

Comment

• ionn26
                                • Feb 2007

Like everyone have said already that yes it is an amazing collection but also standard... I think the leather from Mattioti is from this season? No? The leather jacket in brown is sort of like what A has with the new boots by this new designer or something.. has that wave coloring and looks like it is from horse. Love the Jeans.. but yes.. not loving the price...

As with the leather jacket with the alien thumb... looks like you have the option to put the thumb in or not depending on your mood. I don't know whether to love it or... what... but ... I hope that CCP change his design on the overlock and not just the bomber...

Waiting to see what other stuff is like...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎