No announcement yet.

Carol Christian Poell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thus why i love that collection so much!

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

great post albert, thanks.

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
      very few designers objectify men to make them ornaments or creatures. This is wear i see unexplored ground.
      wow, really interesting.
      but do you think men want to be objectified?
      why would becoming an ornament be a desirable thing?
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
        • Mar 2009

A man becoming an object, or getting used by what he's wearing, may be experiencing a mild form of masochism. Being controlled - possessed - can be sort of pleasing. As can be any process that makes you a stranger to yourself.
        I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
        I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post

wow, really interesting.
          Yes! All men want to be sex toys in the hands of beautiful women.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
            A man becoming an object, or getting used by what he's wearing, may be experiencing a mild form of masochism. Being controlled - possessed - can be sort of pleasing. As can be any process that makes you a stranger to yourself.
            finally someone gets what i'm after.

I don't see objectification as something negative. it's just a point of view. you can through objectification be displayed as a very strong character, a being superior to humans. Alexander Mcqueen SS10. Highly objectified women, hardly women, more like the third stage of evolution; apes - humans - Mcqueen ss10 LOL

the only difference is how you reconsider the visual input from afar, instead from within. I'm more attracted to more drastic silhouettes than the normal format of mens wear. Women go through transformations within every season. Men are always bound to their utilitarian jackets, coat, pants, with smaller variations.

Comment

• theetruscan
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by laika View Post

wow, really interesting.
              Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Yes! All men want to be sex toys in the hands of beautiful women.
              This is unfair! It's just most of us.
              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Sombre
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                That may be true, but to me it resonates with someone who is bored with his/her life, or maybe with existence in general. Not that I am condemning that, one could say it happens to everyone at some point in life, but to seek refuge from that boredom through clothing seems a little superficial.
                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                  That may be true, but to me it resonates with someone who is bored with his/her life, or maybe with existence in general. Not that I am condemning that, one could say it happens to everyone at some point in life, but to seek refuge from that boredom through clothing seems a little superficial.
                  Yepp. We all have to work, pay rent, eat, sleep, grocery shop, shower. Why does creative areas have to be uniform too? I'm one of those easily bored people. I seek change and dissolving of existence in every creative aspect of my life, fashion being a major medium, music coming a close second.

Comment

• Sombre
                    • Jan 2009

Fair enough. I can see where you're coming from and I can relate. But when so many creative outlets take us away from and dissolve our existence, where does that leave said existence?

Rather than have optional activities diverge from obligatory ones and release me from life, I'm trying to find a path where every major aspect of my life converges to properly represent who I am. I think that way I'll be less given to boredom. This plan may not work out perfectly, but it is my aspiration nevertheless.

Comment

• I don't think it's one or the other. I'm just in greater need of breaking free as inherited frameworks of "normal" life fits me less than it fits others. And I simply find pleasure in exploring unwandered grounds. I'm already pursuing deeper satisfaction with my life by building it around my creativity and my mind. It's my home and what I'll always have when everyone else is gone.

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

Ah. I thought we were assuming mutual exclusivity. In that case it's quite understandable. No matter how one structures one's life to fulfilment, one still has to partake in society, which can be less than palatable.

I'm not one for labels or being boxed in either. More and more I find myself smiling when I see unconventional people on the street. They have a lack of inhibition that I sometimes envy. From what I've seen of your posts here, you seem to have that as well.

Also, it's great that you're not content with mediocrity; I see that far too often where I am.

Comment

• And this is where we go back to CCP. He should make more horsetail pants for men! :D ITALIAN STALLION

Comment

• C'est Fini
                            • Sep 2009

oh sombre, leave the poor fairies alone.

Comment

• i just find it strange that you find these questions interesting just because i want to put a man in the same context as women are put in in fashion.

Comment

• zamb
                                • Nov 2006

Heirloom, it would be interesting to see what you would do if you were a designer.........
                                “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                                .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎