X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MASUGNEN
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wire.artist
    I like my shoes tight, I usually do the laces so the shoes fits me the way I like, and thanks to the zipper, this state gets frozen forever
    So its actually quite useful.
    Lace laziness!

:-)

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
      I think there is a difference between simply making a pair of sneakers or these so called designer sneakers (prada, dior, lanvin and whatever) I don't really see Carol falling into the latter, ie designing sneakers because they are a hyped product.
      In Carol's case it'd be hard to call how well it fits into his overall head-to-toe aesthetic vision until we've seen some real life moving examples...I'm trying hard to picture it, but I still imagine the overall Carol look being one more suited to his tougher boots and leather shoes. Although as standalone products, there's elements of the sneakers CCP makes that are visibly out of his singular conceptual mind (particularly the rubber drips).

A bit off topic, but while I'd definitely agree w/ Prada going solely into the marketing product category, I think Dior's first season of all-out casual footwear in VOTC was suitable to the look Hedi was pitching that season, and to a lesser degree s/s 05 (although it's easy to see that collection as a drop into cashing out on lazy stylistic flair, however well put together). I also see Lanvin's early forays into this genre of footwear meshed well with the idea of the brand's sensibilities as a whole in its phase, back around F/W 05 I think. Wasn't until the house started churning out ridiculous high tops covered in orange bubbles and what not that its vision surrendered to the sway of popularity rather than the vice-versa stance it had begun with.
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

anyone tried the hands up top on Atelier website? what is the fabric used?

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          anyone tried the hands up top on Atelier website? what is the fabric used?
          Johnny, put that mouse down and step away from the computer, before it's too late!!!
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

i know, i know.im even thinking about the dipped sole sneakers. help

Comment

• magic
              • Feb 2009

Poell's jewellery line.
              Focusing on object details

Comment

• stretcheroo
                • Nov 2009

CCP seamless boots at A-NY?

Anyone seen the new CCP side zip seamless boots in person at A? Impressions?

Comment

• sometimes ccp just turns so steampunk it looks like something from a kids disney movie... it's sortof tacky.

Comment

• stretcheroo
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                    sometimes ccp just turns so steampunk it looks like something from a kids disney movie... it's sortof tacky.
                    ouch. I wonder if that's worse than calling it preppy.

Comment

• don't get me wrong. i respect the vision. But i had built an entirely different image of the tactile approach before i got to see it irl. i expected it to be rusty, dusty, cracked, worn, and the stuff (especially leathers) looked plastic-y, shiny. in a way hollow, as how backdrops to a movie production show irl compaired to in the movie. these jewelry looks like plastic painted to look like metal.

Comment

• crouka
                        • Jul 2007

hello clay, great to hear from you!

johnny I have one and it's cotton knit a bit hard to the touch, like a super soft and fine chainmail.
                        Last edited by crouka; 12-11-2009, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• clay
                          • Sep 2006

[QUOTE=crouka;200708]hello clay, great to hear from you!

And you as well! Hope all is well with you. Guess I'll pay attention more while I'm here : )

Comment

• jcotteri
                            • Jun 2008

would it be to much to ask for anyone that has saved all of the A! Pics to up them somewhere for me please in a zip file please..

Edit: Here is a whole load of them.. If anyone can complete the set in the same style as me and upload that would be much appreciated..
                            Last edited by jcotteri; 12-13-2009, 05:34 AM.
                            WTB: This

Comment

• Laconic
                              • Apr 2009

Hi guys,

I have some archived photos of Carol's '08 collection from A.
                              You'll have to excuse me if I did this incorrectly, as I just figured out how.
                              Archive should be here.

Regards,
                              D

Comment

• Venus in Furs
                                Banned
                                • Aug 2009

^ Thanks for that

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀