X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Yes I was wondering about the leather jacket photo myself.... it's totally from this season no? He's not a real big "re-issuer" and plus the leather was on the thin side and not really an A/W piece.

The belt is pretty cool (man the leather is THICK on that one) and the shirt is impeccable. Like with all of his collections though, the genius is in the details and the feel of it; things that don't translate well in photographs unfortunately.

Can't wait to see more!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I want to be Jude Law (Ok, I just want his money). The jeans and the leather jacket are dope.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Kodak
        • Oct 2006

Not new but I decided to post it for those who have not seen it. CCP rug from S/S 06

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

wow, that's insane! is that the same piece that albert's going to buy?
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• deuxmille
            • Nov 2006

Im fairly sure that's what Albert is getting, yes. I remember seeing it in green (if my memory serves me well) at l'Eclaireur in Tokyo.

Someone should buy the giant glove he made last winter too :P

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Yep! That's what I'm picking up today. It's 5:30 am here right now... gotta catch a flight around 7 am to L'Eclaireur and lug that big bastard back here....

For the size and the sheet amount of leather used (2 full,flawless hides) it's worth the $1500.

The one at L'Eclaireur is kind of jumbled up but I'm fairly certain it can lay totally flat like that too hehehe

Be back tonight with photos!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• nairb49
                • Dec 2006

Wow! Well now Albert is gonna have to post photos of his pad, I'm insanely curious!!

Comment

• nairb49
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="xcoldricex"]haha i'd totally wear the jacket.

and yeah i really wish I had "borrowed" the last seasons lookbook from a small shop in osaka... i like how he incorporates the technique he uses for that particular season in putting together his lookbook.
                  [/quote]

I wouldn't think twice about wearing that jacket, I have to have it! Outstanding, I love it.

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Wow, that rug belt art piece is amazing; Pretty gnarly looking. I'm actually surprised at the price, especially seeing how much leather it took to make that thing.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Whew, so finally got back from Paris lugging this huge thing of leather back hahaha. I got to L'Eclaireur around noon and the assistant manager (who also models for N(n) ) and one of the SAs twisted the belt into a relatively neat package for me while I walked around the city for a few hours.

I dragged the thing back home and have laid it out.... but it's real home will be back in the US in my new apt/house likely in San Antonio:

Sorry for the crappy photos. Just snapped em fast yesterday. I worked up quite a sweat bringing it back, not to mention it wasn't the coolest day in Paris either hahaha.

I also went to the Rick Owens' flagship store and it was nice to hear all these American SAs there (of course also fluent in French). One guy was hanging out there and turns out he's one of the guys that makes all the Rick Owens furniture. We went upstairs to the RO lounge and talked about the pieces and he showed me some other stuff that they keep in their back room (a bit of the "magic" is lost when you see plastic bins upon bins of Rick Owens tops.... then you look at the 250 euro price tag again hahahaha). Some lovely designs and I have some furniture/design ideas of my own that I've sketched out and will build back in the US.

I got to see last season's lookbook from Carol. It's a long rectangular glossy photo paper lookbook. No overlock stitching hehe. The models for everything are wearing those leather surgical masks and standing on shredded paper. It's pretty cool actually. Very thin (maybe 8-10 pages). I wish I had one as a sort of coffee table book as Coldrice and others have mentioned.

Got a better look at the CCP boots they had at L'Eclaireur and the style that has the zipper running along the entire edge including the top edge are HEAVY. Crazy heavy. The unique pair that has the orangish-flesh colored laminate over green leather was explained to me. Apparently the laminate is heat-sealed to the green leather and then the boots were constructed out of this. Over time and at the joints, the laminate separates from the leather and then you see the green leather underneath so the boots "evolve" over time as the laminate is shed like a snakeskin. Conceptually cool but I don't know if I'd wear them.

Unfortunately the manager (the woman you see on the style.com video) was not there as she was the one who did the CCP order for the store. Pretty much no one else in the store knows what is coming in regards to their CCP buy.

We'll just have to wait for everything to start trickling in beginning in September, running through November!

I asked about price points and all they knew was that it would be about the same as last season with some more complex pieces being a bit more. Apparently they're only given price estimates when they do the order and that price can change (sometimes drastically) upon delivery due to production difficulties etc. Their guess for the leather jacket(s) this coming season is $5000-6000 as well.

Guess we'll have to see!

Comment

• ionn26
                        • Feb 2007

Albert,

Lucky you... got to go to L'ecleure and RO.. such a nice store l'ecleure... love to check out RO when I get to Paris next time..

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

amazing piece! i don't understand why you lugged it around rather than just wearing it head to toe [:P]
                          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

whoa thats pretty nuts

now cut it up and give us belts! :D

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Hahaha, yeah I think there could be many interesting ways of displaying it hehehe

I am still really surprised by the price considering a gray leather belt done out of the exact same leather (in regular length) was about $315 and you could cut something like 40 belts out of this piece!

Comment

• ionn26
                                • Feb 2007

Hey albert.. Now.. I can see where his inspiration came from... so how much did that set you back buddy???

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎