X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

You'd be surprised Ionn, it was just a little bit over 900 euro. After talking to the assistant manager for a while he deducted tax on the spot and thus saved me 12%

Cheaper than a pair of Carol boots!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Hahaha, yeah I think there could be many interesting ways of displaying it hehehe

I am still really surprised by the price considering a gray leather belt done out of the exact same leather (in regular length) was about $315 and you could cut something like 40 belts out of this piece!

[/quote]

Do it, Albert - all you need is a hole puncher and 40 buckles!

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ionn26
        • Feb 2007

ugh.. yeah.. well worth the investment.. so much leather so little .. money[Y]

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

Gonna start pawning off this piece segment by segment. At $300 a pop, 40 belts (don't forget that the center spiral will sell for more than normal because it's an "usual" piece hahaha) turns in to roughly $12k.

Breakin out the scissors now and just need to talk to a factory in China to make those buckles for me for dirt cheap hahahaha

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]amazing piece! i don't understand why you lugged it around rather than just wearing it head to toe [:P]
            [/quote]

I seriously laughed out loud at this; Too funny! I could picture this guy walking down the street looking like some leather wrapped mummy. [:D]

But what a great purchase Albert. I think you are right that it would look fantastic against a flooring like concrete, it would go perfect together.
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="ddohnggo"]amazing piece! i don't understand why you lugged it around rather than just wearing it head to toe [:P]
              [/quote]

I seriously laughed out loud at this; Too funny! I could picture this guy walking down the street looking like some leather wrapped mummy. [:D]

But what a great purchase Albert. I think you are right that it would look fantastic against a flooring like concrete, it would go perfect together.

[/quote]

It's definitely a conversation piece. Not sure if it will elicit an appreciative conversation in San Antonio though.

A's classmate: So, what is this rug

A: Well, it's really a huge belt done by an obscure Austrian designer, the idea is to take an accessory and turn it into something that is not meant to be, like an area rug. And check out the distressing, the tanning of the leather, the dying technique - it's a really brilliant representation how craftsmanship can become art.

A's classmate: ---------------------------------------------------

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Casius"][quote user="ddohnggo"]amazing piece! i don't understand why you lugged it around rather than just wearing it head to toe [:P]
                [/quote]

[/quote]

It's definitely a conversation piece. Not sure if it will elicit an appreciative conversation in San Antonio though.

A's classmate: So, what is this rug

A: Well, it's really a huge belt done by an obscure Austrian designer, the idea is to take an accessory and turn it into something that is not meant to be, like an area rug. And check out the distressing, the tanning of the leather, the dying technique - it's a really brilliant representation how craftsmanship can become art.

A's classmate: ---------------------------------------------------

[/quote]

The funny thing is, I bet that is gonna happen. Especially if I make my house/apt as industrial as I plan on. I made some sketches and there's gonna be lots of plaster-of-paris, glass/plexi and some rebar weeeeee.

Ah well, there are some people who can appreciate all this in Texas. Just look at Minomni!

On a different note...

Perhaps I was ignorant of it but I didn't know that centocose was actually a store (well... two stores) and that they sell some stuff online although the branch that carries CCP and others doesn't yet have that option. I'm thinking it's going to be soon? That would make for another online source for current season CCP. Although the Japanese markup will be there, those that need the smaller sizes will have them (hopefully) available as well!

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Any of you CCP enthusiasts know how much this particular coat was? This picture is the only picture I've seen of it, but this is almost exactly what I am hoping to get for this Fall. So I'm kinda hoping he does a similar coat, but I'm kinda afraid of the price...

I believe this is the same one, just different color..

Comment

• mesh
                    • Dec 2006

That reminds me, fuck I love rose beige (can't tell if that's even it or not).

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

Cas, I believe it is around $2650 or so. AB carries/carried it so give them a call since I believe it is on sale. I know that the Library has half a dozen of these in black and L'Eclaireur carries it as well. It's one of the more plentiful pieces. Love that pagoda shoulder!

Comment

• winQ
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2006

There's one thats been on y! japan for a few weeks, 98000 yen, size m. Would kill for a XS/S for that price!

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

i think albert is correct that AB does currently have it. i also think that it's on sale. i only took a quick look at the jackets and remember that there was one long jacket. i will be going to AB on saturday, so i'll confirm.
                          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• xcoldricex
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Any of you CCP enthusiasts know how much this particular coat was? This picture is the only picture I've seen of it, but this is almost exactly what I am hoping to get for this Fall. So I'm kinda hoping he does a similar coat, but I'm kinda afraid of the price...

I believe this is the same one, just different color..

[/quote]

i sold one in a gray color a few months back after having it up for like 8 months... where were you!? they retail for around $2800

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

lol. Coldrice, probably too small for me. I would have loved it though. [:)]

Joey- Definitely let me know if you see it at AB.

Well damn, it's nice to hear a lot of places ordered it. I just like how simple it is and the way it sits is fantastic. I kinda figured it would be in the upper $2,000 mark, but on sale it's actually somewhat affordable.

Thanks for all the help fellas!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Just a little bit more information on the upcoming season for everyone. Culled from what I've learned talking to the guys at L'Eclaireur, Lazzari and Atelier.

At least 3 leather jacket styles will be available this coming season:

- The classic overlock jacket in a brown/black dye and in heavier leather than for spring/summer

- The curved zipper fencing jacket in heavier leather

- The black jointed leather jacket but WITHOUT the thumb detail

I haven't yet found a store that will be carrying the black jointed jacket with the thumb detail. Lazzari has ordered the jointed jacket with regular cuff and I talked to JoJo about it and they said they didn't order it because it was "outrageously priced" and if he thinks it's outrageously priced and we're talking CCP then it is probably really quite ridiculous. Only L'Eclaireur out of all the english speaking stores has the possibility of carrying the thumb'd version just because they're willing to take risks on pieces like that. At Lazzari they didn't order it because it's a bit too extreme and thus they worried that it would not sell... at least not to a wider audience (as wide of an audience as CCP can be.... but already on this forum people are split as to that design's wearability).

Three glove styles will be offered this season but I won't know what they're like until I go back to Atelier and see photos. Anyone in the area can pop in as I believe snapshots of the CCP showroom are available to see now (the showroom was showing I believe through March). So if anyone goes in, please take a look and let us know!

On another CCP note... I'll be listing a gorgeous CCP leather jacket on Cycle-Two as well as here (at a discounted rate compared to C2) later on today in a size 48. Done in burnished object dyed gray leather with amazingly constructed shoulders.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎