• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Thanks for the report, Albert!
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

great information! i'm excited to see the fall collection.
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

Good stuff Albert! I guess I'm not too surprised about the glove leather jacket being outrageously priced and the fact a lot of the stores won't be carrying it.
        I'm going up to Maxfield today so I will try and ask them about the upcoming season as well. Hopefully find out some more news. :)
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

No worries. If we all do a little bit of recon work and pool our information, I'm certain we'll at least have a decent idea of what's to come in a couple/few months.

I think one of the key things is if someone checks out Atelier's photos of the showroom. That'll be the real kicker.

Hope Maxfield's divulges some info Cas!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

went to AB today and asked SA (Matthew) about the fall ccp collection. he said that AB did buy the collection, but he doesn't know what pieces were purchased. i guess we'll see in sept!

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Thanks Ddohnggo!

Matthew is a nice chill guy. Both he and John are nice SA's.

I wonder if AB will be taking any risks with their upcoming purchase considering that the leather items (arguably the more "out there" pieces) didn't sell well this season. Maybe we'll just be seeing mostly clean crisp basics.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• H-R
                • May 2007

hey guys, first post here after lurking for a while. so i went toA. today to check out the 60% off sale and got the chance to look at their buys for the coming season. here they are as far as i remember:

CCP: double sleeve white shirt (i think it's white from the picture), black turtleneck shirt (looks like cloak's funnel shirt), fencing jacket in black leather, the denim that's posted on shelter's website, various gloves with one looking like the gauntlet gloves that raf is doing, long coats. for boots, they're getting the boots with the joints that are posted on shelter's website. they didn't buy the joint shirts or pants. jojo said that those items will only fit specific people with specific body cut as there's a high possibility the joints fall on the wrong place for different people.

MA+: the aviator hoodie is making a comeback, eems in a darker color. 3 different belts. they're getting several boots. there's a pair that looks like the hi-top version of the linea boots from a while ago.they bought the red turtleneck too, and twoor three different bags.i might have missed some items.

LUC is doingoverlocked (!) pants -as jojo said, i wonder where he got the idea from, haha-

their attachment buys look pretty good. they bought some interesting coat styles, can't remember whether they're from undercover, viridi-anne, attachment or mihara (one of those japanese brands). i think they're getting some attachment boots too.

other items that i can remember for now: yohji selvage denim, ann hat and bag, the ann cardigan that's on lvr, ann vest which looks very interesting (i think it's the one that has the curved lapels on the runway pics), rick owens lamb leather hi-top sneakers (they're at why-lip, the grey colored pair), the high-heel boots by rick (no comment on this), the raf peacoat that's on lvr, the drkshdw zipper jeans. and if you remember the scarf-like cloth that's worn on the waist onsome of number nine runway pics, they're getting some of those, they're actually belted. that's all i can remember for now....

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

Killer first post HR.

Thanks for all that info!

Do you have a photo of the Raf gauntlet gloves? Just curious as to what the CCP ones will be reminiscent of. I know that CCP did some gauntlet style gloves (with extensions that reached the forearm) a season or two ago... wonder if it's the same style.

Is the new collection's fencing jacket going to be overlocked?

Awesome info on all the brands. Thanks again!!!!!

Comment

• H-R
                    • May 2007

um, they're featured on most of the models in raf's fw 07/08 runway pics. the ones that go up to the sleeves. the ccp one is black, kinda like the gloves he did last season i guess? and they look more menacing than the raf ones haha. didn't ask about the overlocking on the fencing jacket...

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

for boots, they're getting the boots with the joints that are posted on shelter's website.

where's the picture for this?

Comment

• H-R
                        • May 2007

^this. i hope i posted it the correct way...

Comment

• deuxmille
                          • Nov 2006

Thanks for all the info H-R! I think I'll need to make a trip toNYC at the end of the summer :)

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

Well, no new info from me. I didn't get to talk to the buyer...so....[:(]

H-R, that info is fantastic. I'm kinda bummed about the joint pieces, but i guess I can totally see there being some descripency with the sizing and placements of the joints. Well, I'm gonna have to guess that the Japanese stores are going to get the more interesting pieces and L'Eclaireur probably will too.
                            Really looking forward to those jeans though! :)

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

After thinking about it some and looking over some more photos I think the jointed pieces will be most striking (and most "not-trying-too-hard") on shirts and on that one pair of boots.

The joint shown on those thicker pants really looks too armor-like and if the pants are going to be like that then it's a little too...robot looking. A slight fabric change in thickness or type at the elbows of the shirts looks really quite nice and I am curious to see what that joint looks like on the back of the black leather jacket with the thumb on it.

Right now, the fencing jacket (oooh... is it jointed?) is top of the list for potential leather jacket (saving... saving...saving). Who knows though.

Those gloves sound really cool to see. Hopefully/maybe someone on the forum will get em haha.

Cas, too bad you weren't able to talk to the buyer... I'll shoot L'Eclaireur an e-mail tonight to see if they can shed some light on what they're receiving for everyone on here.

Interesting that the jointed pieces weren't purchased in larger amounts by Atelier. Like Cas said though, it's possible that they wouldn't sit right on some people.

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

I agree about the pants. To be honest, I didn't think the joint was even going to be visible from the front of the pants, I thought it might be more like how the shirt is done. Just with some extra fabric in the back of the knee joint to provide for some extra movement. I could maybe see the pants working in a darker color though, as you wouldn't be able to make out the joint as much.
                                The one thing I am rather curious about is if the joints are going to make the garments much more comfortable? If they fit the wearer well, I could totally see the joint addition being very comfortable.
                                The fencing jacket was one of my favorite leathers and those sold out so fast on Lazzari, it was rediculous!

H-R, did you happen to notice if A picked up more leather belts for this season? The floating belt looks awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎