X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

lmfao. this cannot be possible, hahahahaha.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nicelynice
      • Oct 2009

Just wondering why I've never heard this term applied to anything outside of CCP items, and yet many Poell leather items are described as such. I asked here because search results lead to Poell works. I'm sorry if I was out of line for posting a question like this in this thread, but no need to be rude..
      Last edited by nicelynice; 03-28-2010, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• Tyro
        • Nov 2008

It just means they make the piece, then they dye it, rather than construct it out of pre dyed materials. It's been asked and discussed here a lot. Welcome to the NBA.

Comment

• nicelynice
          • Oct 2009

Thank you, been following the thread for a bit now, but somehow that slipped past me

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

glasgow mega lolz

carol give us something new to talk about
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• bestial
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
              glasgow mega lolz

carol give us something new to talk about
              I hear he will... soon, very soon by ccp-standards.

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

/\ hahahaha

nothing to be done
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nellytheelephant
                    • Mar 2008

Twisted Trousers?

(Pre-emptive apology to all if this, too, is inane).

Anyone know how the twisted effect on the CCP twisted trousers is produced? Is the same on all models (didn't CCP produce a few different kinds?)? Is the construction particular to CCP or comparable with VW or Julius twisted?

The reason I ask - I've always admired the look of these trousers on the ol interweb so much so that I finally put a special order in for them but found myself intrigued to learn if any among you know the stitching/production process CCP use (before the 3 months they take to arrive (if I'm lucky)).

Thank you.

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

did you size up?

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

So, while I've stopped drinking CCP kool-aid a while ago, I must say that the pattern on the spiral trousers is pretty incredible. To be sure CCP has been praised to no end and this forum has made him a lot of money in the process, but I like to give credit where it's due. Mind blown.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nellytheelephant
                          • Mar 2008

Normally a 48 in almost everything and a 50 in CCP. I went for a 50. Too small? If so please explain?

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                          did you size up?

Comment

• nellytheelephant
                            • Mar 2008

I thought so too. I'm partial to a twisted seam but CCP's always looked another level.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            So, while I've stopped drinking CCP kool-aid a while ago, I must say that the pattern on the spiral trousers is pretty incredible. To be sure CCP has been praised to no end and this forum has made him a lot of money in the process, but I like to give credit where it's due. Mind blown.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by nellytheelephant View Post
                              Normally a 48 in almost everything and a 50 in CCP. I went for a 50. Too small? If so please explain?
                              sounds like you sized up.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by nellytheelephant View Post
                                (Pre-emptive apology to all if this, too, is inane).

Anyone know how the twisted effect on the CCP twisted trousers is produced? Is the same on all models (didn't CCP produce a few different kinds?)? Is the construction particular to CCP or comparable with VW or Julius twisted?

The reason I ask - I've always admired the look of these trousers on the ol interweb so much so that I finally put a special order in for them but found myself intrigued to learn if any among you know the stitching/production process CCP use (before the 3 months they take to arrive (if I'm lucky)).

Thank you.
                                Not sure which design you're referring to... but the OG twists where the fabric actually wraps around the leg is constructed by stitching the looser external layer around a tighter interior layer. By stitching the outer layer in a twisting manner around the straight inner layer, when worn the inner layer is slim to the leg of the wearer and forces the exterior layer to twist around the leg.

The new pants/jeans that have a single layer of fabric spiraling around the leg are an exercise in precision patternwork. The construction is done in multiple steps since they're invisiseam so they have to be loosely and widely stitched together to generate the invisiseam and then the seam allowance is then folded back on itself and glued in place /stitched in place to create the effect of only the invisiseam holding the pieces to each other.

Hope that helps!

... also in either way, sizing up is a good thing.
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎