X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="Casius"]I agree about the pants. To be honest, I didn't think the joint was even going to be visible from the front of the pants, I thought it might be more like how the shirt is done. Just with some extra fabric in the back of the knee joint to provide for some extra movement. I could maybe see the pants working in a darker color though, as you wouldn't be able to make out the joint as much.
    The one thing I am rather curious about is if the joints are going to make the garments much more comfortable? If they fit the wearer well, I could totally see the joint addition being very comfortable.

The fencing jacket was one of my favorite leathers and those sold out so fast on Lazzari, it was rediculous!

H-R, did you happen to notice if A picked up more leather belts for this season? The floating belt looks awesome!

[/quote]

I was wondering about that floating belt Cas... it's just kinda of rumply/wrinkly right? Is there some other detail that I'm missing? It's just not a straight cut right?

It's a lovely belt... but man, can't quite stomach that price listed on the site[:S]

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

Yea, if that price is indictative of what it is going to cost here in the States, then no thank you for me as well! It's bad enough for me to stomach it at $400 or so. It does look really wrinkled and thick as well, I'm trying to figure out if it's somehow two different treatments on each side to the same leather, that might be kind of a cool touch.
      Still contemplating the reverse paper belt that A has, but if the floating belt is the same price, I will gladly wait.
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• H-R
        • May 2007

sorry cas, i can't remember if i saw the belt photo or not. hundreds or so of pictures aren't that easy to memorize in 20 minutes haha.

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

A jointed fencing jacket would be very cool (if the jointing is how I envision it to be haha).

Unfortunately I don't have a more accurate idea on the price range aside from saying that it's gonna be between $4000 and $6000 most likely. Even when I asked L'Eclaireur about the pricing they didn't have an idea. With CCP (as I'm sure with a lot of other designers) they provide an estimated price at the showroom but then an actual price upon delivery. Especially with the smaller production items (like the leather jackets... although every CCP item could be considered small production, I'm referring more to the "highlight" pieces of each season), they said that the pricing can change.

A lot of things can influence the price change from difficulties in scaled up production (30 pieces instead of the one prototype), difficulties in material acquisition and work (I'm thinking that it's highly possible that some pieces just don't come out right after the object dying and hot air drying and thus must be discarded), etc. etc. Who knows... maybe if some artisans decide to go on strike, the prices will go up.

All that being said, you can probably bet on Lazzari being your (financially) best option to order any CCP items from this coming season. Just about everyone on here who bought at least a little CCP this past season did some business with Matteo. I know that if I do end up getting a leather jacket this coming season, it's probably gonna be through them.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Yea, I would second Lazzari for having the best prices that's for sure. Albert, do you happen to know why this is? Is it just that other stores mark up thier CCP so much?

Also, I know we all keep trying to guess who ordered what, etc. But after reading over Runner's descriptions of the collection; I really wonder who bought the "four-front-buckled cap toe boots." These have really got me thinking....Ahhh, way too many choices for his footwear....

Albert- Just read one of yours posts again and, you definitely know the leather jacket is expensive if Atelier turns it down for being so. lol But you know what, I bet if they ordered 2 of them or so, they would sell.

P.S. Anyone get any more info on the exclusive suit that Atelier is getting?

Comment

• ionn26
              • Feb 2007

I question the wearability of the fencing jacket.. I know it sold out like hot cakes(well.. considered there are only 3 of them) but while it is zipped up, it looks fine... but when it is unzipped and left out hanging.. how does it look on a person I would love to see

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]Yea, I would second Lazzari for having the best prices that's for sure. Albert, do you happen to know why this is? Is it just that other stores mark up thier CCP so much?

Also, I know we all keep trying to guess who ordered what, etc. But after reading over Runner's descriptions of the collection; I really wonder who bought the "four-front-buckled cap toe boots." These have really got me thinking....Ahhh, way too many choices for his footwear....

Albert- Just read one of yours posts again and, you definitely know the leather jacket is expensive if Atelier turns it down for being so. lol But you know what, I bet if they ordered 2 of them or so, they would sell.

P.S. Anyone get any more info on the exclusive suit that Atelier is getting?

[/quote]

I really don't know why Lazzari has the best prices. If I had to guess, I'd figure it was a combination of a slightly lower markup than other stores plus their willingness to deduct tax for non-Italian buyers.

4 front buckled cap toe boots? That's... interesting hahaha.

Yeah that's what I was thinking when JoJo told me that it was outrageously expensive. That's how you KNOW it really was a nutty price hahaha. True though, if they did order one in say... 46 and another in 48, they'd sell to one of their clients somewhere.

No word on those suits. It wasn't mentioned to me either. Honestly I think they'll just be some classic CCP suits maybe with the inside tag saying "Made for Atelier NYC" instead of a season and a season name... but we'll just have to see. Nothing wrong with a nice CCP suit at all!

On a side note, I noticed that at L'Eclaireur, Isaac Sellam had made at least one piece specifically for L'Eclaireur. They had a brown alligator skin womens jacket that had "Isaac Sellam for L'Eclaireur" emblazoned on the upper inside back lining. Makes me wonder if any of the CCP they had on the racks there was something special for the folks at L'Eclaireur. Wouldn't surprise me given who they are and that the dark green overlock pants I got there were called "On Demand" instead of a season/season name.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="ionn26"]I question the wearability of the fencing jacket.. I know it sold out like hot cakes(well.. considered there are only 3 of them) but while it is zipped up, it looks fine... but when it is unzipped and left out hanging.. how does it look on a person I would love to see
                  [/quote]

I believe there were roughly 25 or so made (check earlier on in this thread... Khiev got one and had some info on it) and definitely sold out at Atelier as well as Lazzari well before any other CCP leather (the gray/green or the black overlock).

The jacket is structured well enough that when unzipped it stays pretty much in place with just a slight part. Really really nice actually. It reminds me... while looking through the current season lookbook at L'Eclaireur they had not only the gray/green fencing jacket but an all black one AND a white one! Worn in various states of zip/unzip and all fucking sweet.

Especially since it will be done in a heavier duty leather this coming season, it should sit and wear nicely unzipped or zipped. Too bad Khiev's photos are no longer up here. It looked good.

Comment

• H-R
                    • May 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Yeah that's what I was thinking when JoJo told me that it was outrageously expensive. That's how you KNOW it really was a nutty price hahaha. True though, if they did order one in say... 46 and another in 48, they'd sell to one of their clients somewhere.

[/quote]

for example: Jude Law

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

[quote user="H-R"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

[/quote]

for example: Jude Law

[/quote]

Speakin' of the ol' boy....
                      ...are those brown boots or just grey? Look nice.

Comment

• ionn26
                        • Feb 2007

Man... Jude law's arm looked massive and not toned... and man does he have the big thigh... I am start to question.. he knows he is a celeb and he knows that there are photographers who photograph him everywhere.. and he is supposedly exclusively marketing for Zegna.. and darn it if I was Zegna.. I would be pissed off that he kept wearing CCP.. and the other issue is.. he really need to wear something more proper even when he is at casual.. afterall he is english

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Man and I thought he was skinny....lol.

Comment

• ionn26
                            • Feb 2007

Albert.. yes I think that L'eclaurer has the green fencing jacket if I remember it correctly(but that was like last month when I called them), but I think other shops still has the fencing jacket if I remember it correctly...

I wore my green overlock out to show to my brother the other day.. and his comment was man.. did you just bought a chinese armour.. and I laughed out so loud.. and afterward I looked in the mirror.. it does look like it.. without been broken in(I haven't had the chance to wear it since it is so hot here in asia) btw albert.. have you broken in your overlock yet??? I have noticed that the more you break it in.. the stretched part become white.. and at the beginning it was real tight so I did what library showed me was to twist and turn the leather jacket before I wear it.. and damn it now it has huge white streaks where I stretched.. thank god I didn't do it too much.. so I am wondering if you had similar experience

I don't think there is any doubt that unzipped should sit like zipped.. but my question is also about the movement when you wear the fencing jacket. ie when you wear it unzipped and you are travelling and need to hull your luggage and how does that work etc... and once it is broken in well enough.. does it going to go soft and flap around (which is of great concern for me) I hate flappy jacket..

Comment

• ionn26
                              • Feb 2007

Cas.. you and me.. celeb bashing.. better yet.. jude law bashing.. [H]

Yes.. I think it is his rise to fame and the divorce that got him fat... time for him to find another gal

I can just picture Jude in CCP fencing leather jacket.. what a funny sight

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

if you guys have more questions regarding the ccp fencing jacket, you should ask agent l. he snapped pics of himself wearing the ccp boots i bought from him and in the picture he was wearing the fencing jacket unzipped, which looked good. i'm sure he could give you more info on it especially considering he knows the atelier guys pretty well (i think).

i hope he does some collar-less leather jackets ala rick owens.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎