X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Haha, I don't think Jude looks fat at all there. Maybe it's a computer monitor thing? Legs look normal to me and his arms are just pressed up against his side. Nice jeans though (number nine yeah? The pair Cas wants?) I'm surprised that he's a Zegna spokesperson as in damn near every photo we've seen of him he's rocking CDiem/CCP hahaha. Maybe it's just when he wears suits he has to wear Zegna?

Ionn, I don't know why in the hell the guys at the Library would tell you to twist and turn your overlock jacket. That's just nuts. They should be held responsible for those white lines! Mine doesn't have any white lines on it, just at the elbow joint and parts of the shoulder the leather isn't as shiny as those are moving points. I like the idea that it's stiff in the chest and back. The whole idea is that it's stiff where you want it to be and you break it in and it becomes flexible in movement points that way it creates and retains its silhouette. If the entire jacket is broken down and soft, then there is no structure and that silhouette that was created by CCP won't really be there.

I think the fencing jacket is the same way. It's not going to break down until it's soft and floppy because the chest and back panels of any jacket don't get wrinkled up at all even with vigorous movement. I think it will retain it's strong and stiff structure for the life of the jacket especially since the version coming out this fall is going to be an even thicker leather!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ionn26
      • Feb 2007

Albert.. actually the story is that when I was at library I was trying on one of the white leather jacket in size 48 and it was a little bit too small when I zipped up, and them been the salesperson they are they say.. oh because it has not broken in yet at all.. and say.. look let me show you.. and they started twist and turn every damn place you can find on the leather jacket and they really twist it.. and they asked me to try it on again.. and voila it does open up and the leather become softer... so when I got my green overlock.. I think I would start doing the same trick.. but then.. it left white streaks where it folds.. so there, thats the story.. but thank god I only did it to a small part of it and on top of it it has alot of markings on the leather jacket itself already so it is not too visible..

I think though... I don't mind the white streak, adds more characteristics to the jacket... just have to find opportunities to break it in.. I think it will get to a point where the leather is supply soft and no white streak left...

lets hope that the fencing jacket does retain the shape..

As with Jude.. I don't know.. I see the chubby upper arm there... may be he should stop drinking beer so much.. and why the hell is he carrying those 6 packs.. isn't he rich enough to get the butler to do it?

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Ah ok, that makes sense... I would have loved to see the white leather jacket!

I think most of the expansion that can happen is at the seams where the overlock is. Although leather itself can stretch out over time, I wonder if it is capable of stretching out in such a short amount of time such as the case was when the SA twisted it.

I'm hoping the fencing jacket holds its shape as well.... it's such an amazing piece!

Haha, well I give credit to Jude for lugging around his own beer. If he had someone do it for him, then he'd be a bit too "celebrity" for me. Viggo Mortenson (however you spell his last name) waits in line for small concerts in NYC just like everyone else. I respect that. Playing up your celebrity status and using it to get into places or to do things I have somewhat less respect for... but I understand at the same time. If you have that ability, why not use it?

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ionn26
          • Feb 2007

I don't know Albert, If I was Jude law I would get the butler to lug around and my better time spend at the gym working off my big thigh and upper arm.. don't cha wish your boyfriend was hot like me kinda attituuuuuude... [:D] but thats just me..

Comment

• Monty76
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="ionn26"]

Actually.. yes HK does give discount to the CCP stuff.... it is Joyce who carries it.. but the issue is now Joyce does not carry CCP anymore.. last time I checked... and it was about a month ago.

[/quote]

^Hey, just wondering which Joyce shop you checked out in HongKong was it the one in central?I will be there next week and was hoping to find some poell on sale, but i guess that is unlikely now. I'm not too surprised dont think there is much of amarket for poell in HK.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

Yeah, it's unfortunate that they no longer carry CCP. Especially for guys like Ionn and WinQ who are China-based right now it would have been a great deal.

I know that Coldrice got some amazing stuff there during their sales and was kind enough to score a couple items for some of us here.

I've heard that some Japanese stores actually put CCP on sale... but I've never been able to confirm that. It's only hearsay....

Comment

• jiggy
                • Feb 2007

I was at HK in march this year and i visited almost all the joyce shop i think.

The one at central carries the mens line at the basement level
                right? When i was there, they were carrying some renovation
                project and only the womens wear are avaliable at the first level.

The rest of the joyce does not have any ccp, only lots of mcqueen, dh, undercover, numbernine etc.

If i did not notice wrongly, they do have some rick owens pieces.

You might want to try IT but they actually carry almost the same items and brands as joyce.

but there is a IT sale shop at silvercord plaza at Tism Sha Tsui.
                They have tons of clothing and accessories there at very very cheap
                price but you wont find much, defenately not a place if you are looking
                for good and quality stuff but it is a great place for the ladies.

You might not find any good deals on clothings but you will find countless amount of good food over at HK!.

Hope that helps.

Comment

• deuxmille
                  • Nov 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Yeah, it's unfortunate that they no longer carry CCP. Especially for guys like Ionn and WinQ who are China-based right now it would have been a great deal.

I know that Coldrice got some amazing stuff there during their sales and was kind enough to score a couple items for some of us here.

I've heard that some Japanese stores actually put CCP on sale... but I've never been able to confirm that. It's only hearsay....

[/quote]

I've bought some CCP pants in Japan at 50% off. I can't remember if all the stores put their stock on sale though. At the store where I bought it, there wasn't a lot left for the sales.

Comment

• eaglewood
                    • Feb 2007

Ionn

You should be able to get rid of the streaks by wetting the leather and drying it again. Try just applying water to the surface and dry in the air. If that does not work soak the leather a little and dry in air. If that does not work you could soak and blow dry with hot air. All depending on how brave you are.

I noticed I really liked the colour of the leather inside the inside pocket. In there it has not had grease applied. The leather is matte and very green. I decided to experiment and test a patch on the inside of the jacket to see if I could get it back to the matte color. No luck but I did not go beyond the light application of surface water. It does have some effect on the density of the color though. I think that it is becasue the pores of the leather contract so the colour is more intense.

Comment

• ionn26
                      • Feb 2007

Hey Monty,

Joyce defnitely not carrying it anymore. it used to be the one at central near the Harvey Nichs... but they expanded it dropped CCP and carry now very minimal RO.. so not much excuse for me to go to Joyce anymore.. but Joyce is opening a new store in Plaza 66 in Shanghai just when three on the bund is closing... I am yet to check out Joyce what they have.. but I am pretty sure that they will not be carrying CCP nor RO. Three on the bund used to carry KVA, Ann D, Bottega Venetta and Galliano..but it is history.. everything went to 75% off when it closed.. and I saw someone selling them on eBay.

Comment

• ionn26
                        • Feb 2007

Hey eaglewood.. hmm.. novel idea.. I might just try it... I think I will give it a shot when my leather jacket is more broken in... if from the way you are describing it.. I think it would be really hot if you break it in and went through the whole wet and hot air dry process like CCP did.. it might really become of a something... btw... did your leather jacket has a dye smell that is really strong??? Both of my CCP has this smell that I am having a difficult time trying to get rid of.. no matter how much I air it..

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

out of curiosity, can you wash the leather jacket in the washing machine like his boots?
                          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• eaglewood
                            • Feb 2007

Ionn

I am not aware of the smell of the green jacket. It might have smelt a bit when I first got it but I have been wearing it quite a bit and I may have just become used to the smell. Anyway I just thought that it smelt like it cost a lot so it was not a bad smell.

Interesting question. From memory there is some conflicting information from CCP - the booklet says that you can wash it, I think in the washing machine. But from memory the care tag inside the jacket says that you can't wash it. I might check that if I remember tonight. But would anyone really put it in the washing machine. I dont think that I would. At least not until I have a lot of wear out of it.

Comment

• ionn26
                              • Feb 2007

eaglewood... it definitely does smell like cost alot.. but to me it was a bad smell.. since it cost alot.. nah.. just kidding.. it was just that I hang the jacket in my wardrobe and my wardrobe is literally next to my bed.. and I remember at night smelling the smell of the jacket.. and that didn't sit well with me...

I didn't realize that there were conflicting information.... but I know that I definitely won't put it to machine wash and will take it to professionally cleaned.

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                                • Jun 2007

[quote user="Casius"]Good stuff Albert! I guess I'm not too surprised
                                about the glove leather jacket being outrageously priced and the fact a
                                lot of the stores won't be carrying it.

I'm going up to Maxfield
                                today so I will try and ask them about the upcoming season as well.
                                Hopefully find out some more news. :)
                                [/quote]

Casius,

Did you end up going to Maxfield on Saturday? Just so happens I was there around 2pm.

For those who are interested in purchasing some CCP, Maxfield had the following of what I recalled:

- Hair tie (scary looking)

- Eyeball necklace

- Gunmetal gray metallic bracelet or arm band - one size (very feminine but its made for men)

- Gunmetal gray metallic choker necklace - one size (very very feminine bur its made for men)

- Heavy washed Denim 2 button coat/ long blazer in size 52 (which was the only thing that fitted me)

- Matching heavy washed skinny jeans that matches with the blazer but sold separately in size 46 and 48

- Gray long sleeve crew neck shirts that has the middle stitching in the back going all the way down in size 46

- Black cotton convertible crew neck/turtleneck attachment long sleeve (you can fold the neck over the jacket) in size 46

- They also had a a few CCP boots and sneakers but they were awfully small in size 7 (light gray w/no zipper inserts) or they're huge in size 13 (algae green w/back zipper inserts) and some laced distressed dress shoes.

Everything is retail so thats very disappointing.

Black Over-locked bomber jacket with white piping was sold last week for $5600 and I was unable to try it on *sniff sniff*

-Andy

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎