Carol Christian Poell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • May 2007

Wow...I have to say I'm shocked at what a blatant rip-off Augusta did... I know he's copied some of Poell's designs but these take it to a new level. Wonder why he hasn't been sued yet.
    I love that leather though, have been looking around for the duffle-bag with that leather.

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
    reminds you of? i thought no one knew.. : \

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
      • Oct 2009

/\
      I second that. Seems like a big joke to me. If you take a look at nellys pics its even much clearer, just look at the sole!
      Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.
      "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

tweaked just enough to not be a carbon copy. but wow.
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Not the first time, and probably not the last time.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• nellytheelephant
            • Mar 2008

They're definitely in the same ballpark and even playing the same game but the augusta's strike me as a kind of cross between the simple RO trainer and this poell one.

I think, comparing Augusta's pointed-toe derbies to Poell's reveals more similarities.

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

and the boots from the early augusta days
              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• maldoror
                • Jun 2007

irrc albert was selling a white horse leather pair of these on cycle 2 back in the day which were the sickest sneakers I had (/have) ever seen

White Horse - linked to instinct, purity and the drive of the physical body to release powerful and emotional forces, like rage with ensuing chaos and destruction.

-- excerpt from
                The Subconscious Psychosis of Dreams

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                  • Mar 2009

im sorry to intrude,but do guys actually see a resemblance between the two?
                  Fuck me i must be going blind.
                  CCP's trainers above seem more like a trainer version of a desert boot(the ones made by clarks).
                  Where as the augusta trainers are as has been said before more along the lines of chunky chuck's a la rick.
                  I personally think they have more similarities to the saks/con collab, including the sole!!!
                  The sole comment above i found absolutley ridiculous.
                  Considering almost every high end designer trainer from the likes of lanvin,Neil Barrett,CP'S,even bloody les homme use,not only the
                  same sole,but the damn same same last/shape/pattern.
                  All with little design differences. Mainly the label stamped on the insole.
                  merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by nellytheelephant View Post
                    They're definitely in the same ballpark and even playing the same game but the augusta's strike me as a kind of cross between the simple RO trainer and this poell one.

I think, comparing Augusta's pointed-toe derbies to Poell's reveals more similarities.
                    I think this is the heavier kind of rip off.
                    The derbies look a like but I think of it more of a lets say normal shape for derbies in general. On the other hand the sneakers are really something special and its pretty obvious that augusta just stole the whole idea from carol.
                    The whole shape to the sole and the huge eyelets is just one big rip off.
                    And again I absolutely don't see where the comparison with the RO trainers comes from. I just don't see it.
                    "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

he has to feed his family!
                      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                        im sorry to intrude,but do guys actually see a resemblance between the two?
                        Fuck me i must be going blind.
                        CCP's trainers above seem more like a trainer version of a desert boot(the ones made by clarks).
                        Where as the augusta trainers are as has been said before more along the lines of chunky chuck's a la rick.
                        I personally think they have more similarities to the saks/con collab, including the sole!!!
                        The sole comment above i found absolutley ridiculous.
                        Considering almost every high end designer trainer from the likes of lanvin,Neil Barrett,CP'S,even bloody les homme use,not only the
                        same sole,but the damn same same last/shape/pattern.

All with little design differences. Mainly the label stamped on the insole.

I was talking about this picture from nelly of the sole.
                        Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

It looks nothing like any lanvins I have ever seen but exactly like the new augustas.

Comment

• stretcheroo
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Venus in Furs View Post
                          ^ Earlier version's better
                          SZ: Where no good deed goes unpunished.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                            • Mar 2009

Notorious.t
                            I was comparing the lanvins amongst the other high end designer trainers i mentioned.
                            No comparison to CCP's trainers.
                            IMO even the ones nelly posted, in terms of pattern/detailing are more similar to a classic plimsoll,and the second pair more along the lines of carols take on a desert boot/sneaker hybrid.

You can find so many identical styles to carols (minus chunky sole and delicious leather) almost everywhere on the high st.
                            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                              Notorious.t
                              I was comparing the lanvins amongst the other high end designer trainers i mentioned.
                              No comparison to CCP's trainers.
                              IMO even the ones nelly posted, in terms of pattern/detailing are more similar to a classic plimsoll,and the second pair more along the lines of carols take on a desert boot/sneaker hybrid.

You can find so many identical styles to carols (minus chunky sole and delicious leather) almost everywhere on the high st.

Aight, then I misunderstood.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by TheNotoriousT View Post
                                Aight, then I misunderstood.
                                Not to worry,i spend most of my time in a dizzy confused misunderstanding st8.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎