• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

yeah keep beating that dead horse

I got caught in a downpour wearing the red pink trainers
    great rainboots!!!
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
      yeah keep beating that dead horse

I got caught in a downpour wearing the red pink trainers
      great rainboots!!!
      hmmm, a dead artisan horse. there is something about it...
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

well, if it means more boots for us, then...
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• eton97
          • Dec 2008

referrring the the all saints point - completely agree - it is unbelievable how much of a copy of every designer the all saints stuff is.....however the quality of the material and cut gives it all away - just wearing one of their garnments feels aweful, and they don't last more than 1 outing and one wash, whereas when you spend the money on a qaulity garnment from any serious designer, you can feel the difference in the quality of the material straight away and they last a life time......that how i sometimes square the circle of the cost issue.....1 pair of shoes or trousers that last a lifetime at $1000, vs 5 pairs of crap for $200which last 1 month......all of a sudden the numbers start to make sense.....
          you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• jcotteri
            • Jun 2008

I wish this was the case all the time.. Unfortunately it most definitely isn't...
            WTB: This

Comment

• kuugaia
              • Feb 2010

^^ People take care of expensive items more so than cheap ones, that's another reason why its perceived to last longer. But I'm sure we've all bought 'quality' items that explode a week later. Ask Heirloom about his wedges...

Comment

• fenrost
                Banned
                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                that how i sometimes square the circle of the cost issue.....1 pair of shoes or trousers that last a lifetime at $1000, vs 5 pairs of crap for $200which last 1 month......all of a sudden the numbers start to make sense.....
                i will not equate $$ = quality at all.

especially when it comes to ccp - i had one of his much delicate piece torn less than few wear..., i contacted them, and they were kind to offer a fix.

oh. and they are still working on 2010 male collection....

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
                  referrring the the all saints point - completely agree - it is unbelievable how much of a copy of every designer the all saints stuff is.....however the quality of the material and cut gives it all away - just wearing one of their garnments feels aweful, and they don't last more than 1 outing and one wash, whereas when you spend the money on a qaulity garnment from any serious designer, you can feel the difference in the quality of the material straight away and they last a life time......that how i sometimes square the circle of the cost issue.....1 pair of shoes or trousers that last a lifetime at $1000, vs 5 pairs of crap for $200which last 1 month......all of a sudden the numbers start to make sense.....
                  10 years ago I'd agree wholeheartedly (and I still agree somewhat), but the rise of the logomania, big business takeover of fashion has resulted in significant decrease in quality in many instances.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• move_ment
                    • Feb 2009

Prague x CCP

Comment

• betty.956
                      • Mar 2010

CCP Derbies & boots

Can someone educate me if I'm a size 8.5 US what would that be in the derbies? is it different than the boots?

Comment

• fenrost
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2009

^ sizing FAQ : \

there are ppl wear different sizes in the boots and derbies. 1 size difference. most wear both in same size.

if there isn't any stores nearby to try in person, draw or scan your foot with measurement, maybe some of the stockist will be able to help you out more effectively.

Comment

• misterpale
                          • Apr 2008

same here...my first ccp footwear were some scarred boots in size 8.i´m wearing size 7 in derbys and oxfords..the best way to figure out your size is to try them on,if you get the chance to..otherwise chances are 50/50 as usual.

Comment

• betty.956
                            • Mar 2010

Size

I wear the size 7 in boots, but I was wondering if the size 9 in the derbies would fit.
                            I'm sure you would say is more like a 10 US.
                            But does the size change by season? or collection?
                            Just looking for a bit of education...

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

er... so you are asking if somehow magically a size 9 would fit like size 7?
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• betty.956
                                • Mar 2010

size

Just asking how much bigger would that 9 be over the 7, that is the question.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎