X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Andy, I was there around noon. They've had that same CCP stock for months now, with a few things being sold every now and again. I think they might even have some items in the back, because one week I was there, that bomber wasn't on the rack and the following week, there it was.
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Hehe, yeah you always gotta ask about stuff in the back when it comes to some stores and brands. L'Eclaireur Rue Malher keeps a great deal of stuff in their back room and even when I was looking through the stuff on the rack I had to specifically ask "is there anything that isn't out here?"

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• kucejoe
        • Sep 2006

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how much the CCP eyeball necklace is? I have been contemplating making/having one made, but the actual acrylic prosthetic eyes aren't that cheap on ebay.
        Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Took this photo from a Y! japan auction. The seller is selling an old magazine with this article of what looks to be all the older collections of CCP.

Here's the link to the auction if anyone is interested; http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e71098407

Comment

• Trendy Andy
            • Jun 2007

[quote user="Casius"]
            Took this photo from a Y! japan auction. The seller is selling an old magazine with this article of what looks to be all the older collections of CCP.

Here's the link to the auction if anyone is interested; http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e71098407

[/quote]

Wow that is old, they even have the old misspelling of his name on there, Carol "Cristian" Poell. I had troubles register for Y! Japan auction awhile back so I never bothered with it again. Don't I need a Japanese mailing address in order for it to be validated? Supposedly most sellers on there do not ship to oversea bidders, am I correct? Anyone can shed some light on this?

I asked the SA if there was anything else in the back for both Dior Homme and CCP and they said thats all there was. He went to the back and check. Then again, he came back out to the store front hella fast. Perhaps he didn't make to much of an effort.

If all these CCP items are readily available, how come so many haven't dove into the opportunity to acquire them? We have threads both on this forum and others that are dedicated to this auspicious designer, surely we can tap out all its inventory given the fact that Poell produce very scarce quantities of his designs. This goes without saying, I know not likely that everyone would admire every single item Poell produces just like not one individual would love every single song in an album from their favorite artist. Just making conversation, thats all.

Have a great day everyone!

-Andy

Comment

• deuxmille
              • Nov 2006

Most sellers won't ship outside Japan, but some do (their prices are usually higher too). I can't remember if you absolutely need a Japanese address to register, but honestly, unless you're going to be in Japan, it's quite useless to do so. It's less effort to use a proxy.

Comment

• maldoror
                • Jun 2007

I'm also interested in that eyeball necklace. Does anyone have any photos of the piece? And what is the price at maxfields? Thanks.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

[quote user="maldoror"]I'm also interested in that eyeball necklace. Does anyone have any photos of the piece? And what is the price at maxfields? Thanks.
                  [/quote]

You can see the necklace in earlier posts of this thread. If anyone would like me to call Maxfield for anything or pick up, just pm me. I have no clue what the price of it is though..

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Casius"]

[/quote]

Lovely photos. The look (from what I can tell) in the A/W 94-95 photo is bad ass. The colors and treatment to that shirt paired with the gloves is so far ahead of its time back then.

Looks like he's been doing the fencing jacket style for quite some time now judging from the photos as well. I know he issued one with dual front curved zips but I never caught which collection that was.

I think there's a photo of the kangaroo leather knit scarf on there as well (actually not that hard to create as long as you have lots of leather strips... I'm thinking about making one).

As for the eye necklace, you can bet that it's gonna be ridiculously expensive. His jewelry always is. I have seen the prosthetic eyes go for around $50-75 on ebay and it wouldn't be too hard to throw a chain onto it. Since it's acrylic, it would be easy to drill into and install a little ring for hanging. The end product would be virtually indistinguishable from Carol's version if you were wearing it. Plus.... making it would be fun!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

small rant: i think carol needs to up the ante on his garment trims, especially his zippers. one zipper on my boots fell apart yesterday, granted i was able to snap it back without a problem, it kind of tells you that the zippers aren't so hot. i'm not trying to say that a riri zipper will make the boots a million times better, it won't, but if he's going to be charging a premium for his artisanship then he might as well go all out and source better trims.
                      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

Yeah, the use of the YKK zippers by Carol is something that several people have had problems with... especially on the boots. Judging from photos I've seen on yahoo auctions, he's used riri's before!

Glad to hear that you were able to pop it back though. Yikes!

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

The only thing that I can think of is that the YKK zipper kind of sticks with the whole artisan/industrial/rough looking theme. I only say this because I've never seen a RiRi zipper that isn't, well, perfect looking. haha That's just my guess though...

Comment

• cem
                            • Apr 2007

[quote user="ddohnggo"]small rant: i think carol needs to up the ante on his garment trims, especially his zippers. one zipper on my boots fell apart yesterday, granted i was able to snap it back without a problem, it kind of tells you that the zippers aren't so hot. i'm not trying to say that a riri zipper will make the boots a million times better, it won't, but if he's going to be charging a premium for his artisanship then he might as well go all out and source better trims.
                            [/quote]

That's pretty unacceptable imo. If someone is going to pay premium prices for CCP, especially if the pieces are meant to be made of only the highest quality materials, then the consumer should get pieces with high quality materials.

Is CCP trying to save costs?

Comment

• zamb
                              • Nov 2006

[quote user="cem"]

[quote user="ddohnggo"]small rant: i think carol needs to up the ante on his garment trims, especially his zippers. one zipper on my boots fell apart yesterday, granted i was able to snap it back without a problem, it kind of tells you that the zippers aren't so hot. i'm not trying to say that a riri zipper will make the boots a million times better, it won't, but if he's going to be charging a premium for his artisanship then he might as well go all out and source better trims.
                              [/quote]

That's pretty unacceptable imo. If someone is going to pay premium prices for CCP, especially if the pieces are meant to be made of only the highest quality materials, then the consumer should get pieces with high quality materials.

Is CCP trying to save costs?

[/quote]

Well every designer tries to save cost one way or another, so I wouldnt be surprised if he was trying to.............

that being said, i cannot see him using YKK zippers as a means of saving cost.

YKK are US made Zippers, RiRi are european (swiss/german) made, and the costs are only marginally different, and can be chaper depending on the source.

I too was concerned about the YKK zippers he uses because I Think RiRi's are more in tune with his aesthetic, also it is rather strange because YKK does produce better Zippers than the ones Ive seen on some of his Boots

Regardless of his choice of zippers though, i am still in love with his work!!!!!!

Bring on the Hook eye boots!!!!!!!!

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• ionn26
                                • Feb 2007

Well... for all your information, I personally believe that RiRi is much much better. BUT I actually saw an article on MSNBC and interview with YKK CEO and it was a very interesting segment because the interviewer ask the YKK CEO what is the hardest or most challenging Zipper that someone has asked you to make.. and he answer NASA for an airtight and waterproof(meaning no leak through the holes of the zip) zipper .. and apparently they do have it and at a higher cost. So.. I guess YKK achieved it.. So... whether it is saving cost I am not sure.. but like Cas says.. it might be for more rugged look...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎