Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theaddict
    • Apr 2008

Quick question: did anyone handle or has a leather piece made of KALB-PTC? If so can you share your experience with me?
    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• unforgiven
      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by fenrost View Post
      thats why imo, duncan's wrap coat are one of the highlight of the 09s - very evident that the selvedge technique comes first before aesthetic. (his take on retaining the edge as much as possible without compromising the body - thus, a simplistic construction that results a poell aesthetic). but i have seen this pieces worn, they are fantastic with the right body.

my appreciation of selvedge pieces are, aside the evolution of concept and technique, it's that ccp's selvedge fabrics are unusually more interesting, again, fabrics are all very personal thing.

i actually have more to say about the fabrics, but i will just summarize - i love the red stripes..

*edit nvm, morning hangover.
      I've tried a couple of days ago at L'E the selvedge coat which BSR dubbed "the long itchy wool coat did not fit anyone well". It did fit like a dream to me, a natural 48 (broad shoulders, though). I think what some people feels strange is that flatness feeling the selvedges pieces are about because of the uniformity in thickness. This was already pointed out by runner as a main point in the collection: "
      ...it ended up as uniformity. uniformity of thickness. a garment is structurally uneven in thickness, for instance in the pocket area.
      but the area was made to be even with the other area, without any value deducted, through the details like "curved pocket".
      as the representative of the collection, the "self-edge chain-seam curved pocket jacket" in matte black "denim" has a flat feel of totally new kind, which helps to create a peculiar minimal atmosphere as a whole while the jacket meets his full specification.
      his minimalization does not make any hollow places in his designing."
      Thus, IMO, selvedge pieces are more about how flat pieces of fabric can be combined to actually satisfy the usual dress codes (a jacket, a coat, a shirt...) than about to "wrap" the body. In this sense yes, it is some kind of exercise in meta-fashion, or how 2D pieces of fabric can satisfy classic dress codes (jacket, coat,...) and offer a nice 3D appeal. To put it more simple: If you are looking for something that "melts" into your body, like a RO leather jacket, the selvedge program is not for you, wrapping is a completely different program. Maybe in some female pieces there is some wrapping in the selvedge pieces, and that is the reason fenrost pointed out they feel different from the male pieces, which are classic pieces.
      Only my two cents.

Comment

• BSR
        • Aug 2008

interesting
        but you did not cop the coat
        it was still there yesterday

will be back with further thoughts on selvedge later on though...
        pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
        Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

Daily report of L'E's CCP stock was brought to you by BSR.
          Follow him on Facebook, Twitter and CCPstockandavailibuylityallovertheworldstock.com

Comment

• BSR
            • Aug 2008

fuck off professional spruiker
            pix

Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• todestrieb
              • Mar 2009

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
              Quick question: did anyone handle or has a leather piece made of KALB-PTC? If so can you share your experience with me?
              What precisely do you want to know? It's very similar to JUICY-PTC as found on, most notably, fencing jackets. Might even be the same thing but coded differently.

Comment

• fenrost
                Banned
                • Mar 2009

well, sergio himself always warn buyers that fabric weight / texture differs thus sizing varies as well. size tag are just mere guideline but not one should accurately follow fitting and comfort wise.

i have handled a selvedge carded wool notched lapel classic coat, the "itchiness" is the least of my concern as far as what was forseen as a winter weight coat goes. seems like a classic piece, it will find the right person.

Originally posted by unforgiven View Post
                I've tried a couple of days ago at L'E the selvedge coat which BSR dubbed "the long itchy wool coat did not fit anyone well". It did fit like a dream to me, a natural 48 (broad shoulders, though). I think what some people feels strange is that flatness feeling the selvedges pieces are about because of the uniformity in thickness. This was already pointed out by runner as a main point in the collection: "
                ...it ended up as uniformity. uniformity of thickness. a garment is structurally uneven in thickness, for instance in the pocket area.
                but the area was made to be even with the other area, without any value deducted, through the details like "curved pocket".
                as the representative of the collection, the "self-edge chain-seam curved pocket jacket" in matte black "denim" has a flat feel of totally new kind, which helps to create a peculiar minimal atmosphere as a whole while the jacket meets his full specification.
                his minimalization does not make any hollow places in his designing."
                Thus, IMO, selvedge pieces are more about how flat pieces of fabric can be combined to actually satisfy the usual dress codes (a jacket, a coat, a shirt...) than about to "wrap" the body. In this sense yes, it is some kind of exercise in meta-fashion, or how 2D pieces of fabric can satisfy classic dress codes (jacket, coat,...) and offer a nice 3D appeal. To put it more simple: If you are looking for something that "melts" into your body, like a RO leather jacket, the selvedge program is not for you, wrapping is a completely different program. Maybe in some female pieces there is some wrapping in the selvedge pieces, and that is the reason fenrost pointed out they feel different from the male pieces, which are classic pieces.
                Only my two cents.
                there is always different perspective, so thanks for sharing. i have more to say, just not articulate enough.
                Last edited by fenrost; 08-26-2010, 06:37 AM.

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

We talked to Sergio and he said that it is heavier, stuffer and less shiny aka matte compared to juicy. According to him it was used for the SS07 leathers which had slim sleeves compared to recent jackets just bc of the way the KALB leather reacts to the dying process. I always wondered if they changed the cut, but it seems that they never changed it. Unless it's a new model of course. Thus the whole talk about getting the original from a specific season would be invalid if you can get the originial leather...which is hopefully the case with KALB...dunno;)
                  let's see how it works out in the end...we all know that poells way is not foreseeable...

Originally posted by todestrieb View Post
                  What precisely do you want to know? It's very similar to JUICY-PTC as found on, most notably, fencing jackets. Might even be the same thing but coded differently.

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

Wait, S-A, the sleeves width is a matter of construction too, sleeves on the overlocks (06/07) have a totally different construction than the articulated arms on current and last season's jackets.
                    pix

Comment

• fenrost
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2009

going fencing, s-a?

he always propose what's suitable and closest in terms of fabric/material/leather that would not affect too much of characteristic of the garment. but i wont be surprise if he propose kangaroo leathers, since its soft, but that would be an extremely unique one, if he did.

Comment

• theaddict
                        • Apr 2008

You are right B, thus I was only refeRring to the original overlock or fencing which can be custom ordered.

R, let's see;) in the end it's only in the moment that you try something on when you know if it's ment for you or not...haha
                        I am just playing mind games right now...or not?

INCEPTION...I think Carol invented a dream machine which he attaches with every single CCP piece you buy to get crazy about his stuff nevertheless the steep prices and pain you go through breaking in a pair of OD derbys...I have no other explanation for my mindset...

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

ccp leathers post 07 still suck. except maybe that high neck leather.
                          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                            fuck off professional spruiker
                            LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• theaddict
                              • Apr 2008

haha I know your take on this J...;)

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                              ccp leathers post 07 still suck. except maybe that high neck leather.

Comment

• unforgiven
                                • Aug 2008

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                                interesting
                                but you did not cop the coat
                                it was still there yesterday

will be back with further thoughts on selvedge later on though...
                                I haven't bought it yet because I'm still undecided between spending the 3.4K euros in the coat or in a leather jacket (I know, completely different pieces, but you know... budget constraints) Now I'm more in favour of the coat, but sometimes I'm affraid I will not be able to handle the kind of rugged wearing, rain, dust, a leather jacket can take.
                                That leads me to another topic: Do you share the idea of wearing CCP day after day to "experience the decay" of the piece or the "melting" with the human body or you pick carefully the occasion to feel the pieces as something special? I'm affraid I am of the second type, although I think the first type makes more sense, it is simply that I am too lazy and/or affraid to handwash or dry clean these precious pieces so often.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎