X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Re: Carol Christian Poell

I do agree with you that the Riri are better, at least to me, I use them in my own collections and pretty much only use YKK and others when i cannot find the type I want in Riri.

the Zipper In question that you are taking about is indeed created by YKK, but you have to understand the dynamics behind that,

first of all, Anything that is created for Companies/organizations like NASA, USMC, the NAVY etc has to be US Made, this IS stipulated by the Government,

Also this air-tight/ waterproof Zipper is not really that hard, I am currently designing a garment right now (a Military Bio-chemical suit)that uses this kind of zipper, it is a zipper that does not have metal (or plasic) coil/teeth, it is created out of a dense kind of rubber that has the a similar kind of head asa regular zipper, that when is slide along the seams of the rubber tape causes an interlocking effect that is both water and air tight.

I have about three different weights/variations of it in my office right now

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

paper boots

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

Oh shit! Those are cooler than the oxfords. Where'd you find the pic Joey?
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

y!jp

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w8512891

it's 3 out of 3 pairs in the world. size 7 i think.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

Thanks. Those are extremely cool; Didn't know they were made in a boot. I know the oxford was pretty rare as well.
            I like how the paper outside kind of chips off to show the leather underneath.
            "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• clay
              • Sep 2006

Raise your hand if you think Zamb has a COOL job!!!![Y]

[quote user="zamb"]

I do agree with you that the Riri are better, at least to me, I use them in my own collections and pretty much only use YKK and others when i cannot find the type I want in Riri.

the Zipper In question that you are taking about is indeed created by YKK, but you have to understand the dynamics behind that,

first of all, Anything that is created for Companies/organizations like NASA, USMC, the NAVY etc has to be US Made, this IS stipulated by the Government,

Also this air-tight/ waterproof Zipper is not really that hard, I am currently designing a garment right now (a Military Bio-chemical suit)that uses this kind of zipper, it is a zipper that does not have metal (or plasic) coil/teeth, it is created out of a dense kind of rubber that has the a similar kind of head asa regular zipper, that when is slide along the seams of the rubber tape causes an interlocking effect that is both water and air tight.

[/quote]

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

y!jp

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w8512891

it's 3 out of 3 pairs in the world. size 7 i think.

[/quote]

That shit is bad ass. Man I want those boots! I'm almost glad they're a 7 otherwise... I'd be broke hahaha. Sometimes I really shouldn't look at yahoo auctions. Too much tempting stuff on there!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• H-R
                  • May 2007

3 pairs total.... damn. thattranslates to...1 pair per size?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="clay"]

Raise your hand if you think Zamb has a COOL job!!!![Y]

[quote user="zamb"]

[/quote][/quote]

Second. I don't know how I missed that post [Y]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                      • Dec 2006

please tell me someone on this forum won that ebay auction for the ccp lookbook and planson posting pictures..

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="KeijiHaino"]please tell me someone on this forum won that ebay auction for the ccp lookbook and planson posting pictures..
                        [/quote]

what do you think? [:P] This forum is half of Poell's clientelle (besides Japan). Look in recent purchases thread.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Yep... it was me. I will post photos of every single page. Promise!

It may take a little while because I asked bellapietra to post them to my mom's residence in Dallas since I'll be driving from there to San Antonio... so it'll be about a month from now before I can take photos and post them on here, but I promise I will!

Faust is probably right in regards to the CCP clientele too. Yet another show of the success of his brainchild Stylezeitgeist.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• KeijiHaino
                            • Dec 2006

oh my god, thank you Chinorlz in advance. SO MUCH! YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't imagine 36 new pictures!

and thank you faust for somehow creating this ccp magnet!

i have to say that i also love the ccp photos that atelier has taken.

can someone explain the taped seams? what kind of tape is it? is it actual "sticky" tape?

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                              • Jun 2007

My visit to Toronto became shocker when I covered all the boutique stores all over the city. No one carries, Carol Christian Poell, nothing from Rick Owens, Julius, or nothing from Maurizio of Carpe Diem.

I assumed they would since Toronto is so close to New York. I was very disappointed with the selections they had despite that there were sales just about every store from 30%-50%.

Come one Toronto Folks! Please correct me and tell me that I'm wrong.
                              I'm here for another month, so please its not true~! Argh~!~!~!

-Andy

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Trendy Andy"]

My visit to Toronto became shocker when I covered all the boutique stores all over the city. No one carries, Carol Christian Poell, nothing from Rick Owens, Julius, or nothing from Maurizio of Carpe Diem.

I assumed they would since Toronto is so close to New York. I was very disappointed with the selections they had despite that there were sales just about every store from 30%-50%.

Come one Toronto Folks! Please correct me and tell me that I'm wrong.
                                I'm here for another month, so please its not true~! Argh~!~!~!

-Andy

[/quote]

Well, they do come to New York to shop :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎