Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
    yeah thats weeeaaaaak.
    fuck yeah good one.
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• awlouie
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
      the way i heard it is that guidi dropped carol. perhaps because he was a bit difficult to work with? and the way i understand it is that this is partly why the fw06 fw07 models are so highly sought after. everything after that was slightly less reliable because carol was looking for new hides (and new experiments). but i could be wrong.

dear crouka, please pop in to confirm/deny these scandalous guidi/ccp rumors
      I've heard a similar story with Augusta...which is the reason why Simone says he tans and dyes the leather for his shoes...quite a bit of extra work for a shoemaker which is one of the reasons for $$$.
      "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
      -Bruce Lee

Comment

• BeauIXI
        • Nov 2008

So the question is, if it ain't Guidi, where's the leather from?

Originally posted by philip nod
        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• ddohnggo
          • Oct 2006

wearing my ss07 overlock. leather is off the hook.
          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• gohn
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by eton97 View Post
            i heard that there had been issues between guidi and carol due to the fact that guidi were holding back the very best cordovan and scarred leathers for themselves....so carol has been looking elsewhere for his hides....not sure where i heard it or whether its true
            If Guidi did it, it would be

No matter how artistic products Guidi made, it is running a business, such exclusionism will ruin the reputation

Comment

• boomslang20117@
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Diego View Post
              Use duct tape to repair the piece sounds ok, but to fuck it?? that would just make a mess, maybe ruin the thing.

Yo Carol!... if you are reading this, let's see some 2011 clothes man .
              wouldn't it fall off again if you send it for dry clean?

Comment

• BeauIXI
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by boomslang20117@
                does anyone have problems with the tape seam in poell jacket? mine is peeling off. anyone with ideas on how to fix it?
                I'm sure you could use fabric glue and a small patch, if you're concerned about it spreading. Not too much though!

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

There are other leather houses out there that are just as good if not better than Guidi. They just happen to not produce footwear under their own name. The leather industry is vast with many other companies at the top of their game.

Just like any other business, if dealings with one become difficult, there are others to choose from that are able to offer a competitive product.

After spending much time going over samples, visiting dealers and handling my fair share of leather. I personally have stopped caring where a leather comes from. If it's great then its great. I give Carol the credit for his leather choices for his garments. Nothing further.
                  www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• BeauIXI
                    • Nov 2008

This is actually pretty interesting for me... So when they were making object tanned boots, did Carol simply acquire the hides and work with those himself, or did he have a different company deal with that? And what about all the scarring and forming he ends up with?

Comment

• tomatous
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2009

^Fairly certain he did that on his own. I've experimented with leather enough to know there are different ways to alter it.

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

guidi is the dopeman
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Just to clarify - I do not condone raping clothes. The way Kurt Cobain did not condone rape in his widely misunderstood "Polly."
                          and in the same way he did not condone rape in his widely misunderstood "Rape Me"
                          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• baubas
                            • Dec 2008

just to interrupt this hot thread with some life changing story.
                            so .... as follows:
                            italy,
                            horse farm,
                            ccp boots

and i did not kill a horse and make a pair of boots

i just took a pair of ccp boots to meet their closest relatives (still alive... and not turned in to beautifull object.. as yet)

and here are the boots after beautifull day out riding on the full future outfit !!! (i do wander how many pairs of boots and jackets i was sitting on?? !!! )

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BeauIXI View Post
                              This is actually pretty interesting for me... So when they were making object tanned boots, did Carol simply acquire the hides and work with those himself, or did he have a different company deal with that? And what about all the scarring and forming he ends up with?
                              Tomatous is right. Carol did the tanning of the boots, gloves and select leather jackets in-house (you can see the images on earlier pages here of the rawhide pieces in the vats and/or hung up to dry).

For the scarred leathers, this is the hide that he chooses.

The object tanning experiments were really interesting because of the somewhat unpredictable results. The way the leather dried in the stacked heel and the way everything shaped through the upper was something that could not be fully controlled so there is variation from boot to boot. Carol wasn't fully satisfied with the outcome of the jointed object tanned boot though... the kangaroo portion of the boot was not as supple as hoped (when tanning 3 different animal leathers all at the same time it's like cooking three different meats all at once for the same length of time... something will get overdone). The pair that I used to own also had a nail pointing up in the inside of the heel too but again this was something not predicted since the drying process can vary each time.
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• snafu
                                • Apr 2008

baubas great to see you posting agian

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡