Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huckleberry
    • Jul 2009

Don't really see the problem with seeing it on famous people. Seal always brings a smile to my face too.

Comment

• Marko
      • Jul 2009

Yeah, even if the boots don't look that great on her in most of the pictures, I love the fact that one of my favorite designers is getting exposure. I do not think it will help girls with their taste in hollywood, but I would love to see any girl out sporting xxx.

Comment

• Marko
        • Jul 2009

Even as I despise celebrity culture and how it has become tied to fashion I will never begrudge people I love getting exposure.
        PS. I am quite drunk.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Marko View Post
          Yeah, even if the boots don't look that great on her in most of the pictures, I love the fact that one of my favorite designers is getting exposure.
          out of curiousity, whats to love about this?

Personally I'm not big fan of this type of exposure as celebs and their stylists usually tend to purchase things because they are expensive and "edgy". there might be exceptions with the likes of Jude Law who seems to have a good sense of style and might actually be interested in the work and craftmanship given his interest in Carpe Diem et al, as opposed to being drawn by the price tag and exclusivity factor. But overall, I don't see this type of publicity having any positive effects aside from maybe Maxfield making bigger buys, but they'll just mark it up even further.
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Marko
            • Jul 2009

Okay, first last. Living in LA I have no love for maxfield. What was called to mind for me when I typed about exposure is music. I hate when people turn their backs on artists that they used to like just because they become popular and the fans call it selling out. Truth be told, I doubt an olson wearing his clothes will help, but if there is one person who falls in love with his work and appreciates it it is worth it.

Comment

• timberlakeld
              • Mar 2010

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
              out of curiousity, whats to love about this?

Personally I'm not big fan of this type of exposure as celebs and their stylists usually tend to purchase things because they are expensive and "edgy". there might be exceptions with the likes of Jude Law who seems to have a good sense of style and might actually be interested in the work and craftmanship given his interest in Carpe Diem et al, as opposed to being drawn by the price tag and exclusivity factor. But overall, I don't see this type of publicity having any positive effects aside from maybe Maxfield making bigger buys, but they'll just mark it up even further.
              True, Im sure you guys dont wanna see too many ppl wearing XXX, and in fact they dont even care about the work and design of the garment, only thing they care is just the exclusivity factor,

Comment

• snafu
                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by SHYE_POSER View Post
                Metal,reflective,selvage,siiickness
                don't forget the one piece.

Another note on the topic of Jude ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZd9m...ayer_embedded#!

lol

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

haha sorry i couldn't resist; at least the 2nd vid aint so cheesy

Comment

• Peasant
                  • Jul 2009

I'm not going to delve to deep into this conversation..
                  I find it very hard to believe that few, if any of these celebs are wearing the garments out of respect, intrigue and love of the designers. It's good for the designer, but the designers are hardly struggling to pay their rent. So don't get too hyped. I have respect for the men and women who sacrafice rent to obtain these things. Fuck pop culture.

"Another aim of this community is to divorce fashion from consumerism and celebrity culture."

SZ speaks the truth.

Comment

• DRRRK
                    • Aug 2009

^Best post in a very long time. Thank you. There is nothing to add.

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

Strange, somehow the olsen pic hooked me with the idea of owning a pair of those rubberband boots...hahahaha
                      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• timberlakeld
                        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                        Strange, somehow the olsen pic hooked me with the idea of owning a pair of those rubberband boots...hahahaha
                        I have one, if you interested, you can pm me, hahah

Comment

• bestial
                          • Jun 2008

stop! that's my line theaddict! I know I started obsessing with them when I saw a pic years ago when I was on vacation in spain. :D

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                            Originally posted by bestial View Post
                            stop! that's my line theaddict! I know I started obsessing with them when I saw a pic years ago when I was on vacation in spain. :D
                            for fucks sake

you can wear them with leggings while watching re-runs of gossip girl
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• bestial
                              • Jun 2008

hells yeah we could!

Comment

• BeauIXI
                                • Nov 2008

Geh, just look at how Ms. Olsen wears them. She's like an animated pile of clothing arisen from the messy and floor-sprawled wardrobe of a teenage girl. Necromancy aside, she makes those boots look like shit, which is quite a feat.
                                Originally posted by philip nod
                                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎