Page 5 of 528 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Carol Christian Poell

xadam

Default Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="xcoldricex"]i was just wondering. did poell do any other "runway shows" aside from the mainstream downstream?

[/quote]

I've wondered about that too; this auction has a photo of a model in CCP, but a straight runway show seems like such a conservative diversion...

If the photo does represent a recent show, does anyone know the season it represents? I'd be interested in knowing whether Carol did the bee-keeper nets prior to the recent Thom Browne show.

[quote user="xadam"]

[quote user="xcoldricex"]i was just wondering. did poell do any other "runway shows" aside from the mainstream downstream?

[/quote]

I've wondered about that too; this auction has a photo of a model in CCP, but a straight runway show seems like such a conservative diversion...

If the photo does represent a recent show, does anyone know the
    season it represents? I'd be interested in knowing whether Carol did
    the bee-keeper nets prior to the recent Thom Browne show.

[/quote]

This
    seller just uses any and all pictures he can find. I would not be
    surprised if this is not a Poell show at all. The presentation
    looks like N(N) SS07 show, actually.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

haha, i find his cheap waterbrushedrunway shotsare a bit funny...
    it's alexander mcqueen ss 07, btw

[quote user="battles"]

haha, i find his cheap waterbrushedrunway shotsare a bit funny...
    it's alexander mcqueen ss 07, btw

[/quote]

Ah, thanks! Ebay provides for some entertainment when a clueless seller tries to dress up his wares, doesn't it?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

it sure does, faust.. bad marketing is still marketing!

haha that most certainly is not poell. it seems all of his other seasons are strictly lookbook - ah i wonder what all the stores do with their lookbooks at the end of the season, should've tried to buy one from space in osaka.

more pix from FW06

twist jeans

that's such an interesting shape!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Ahh, the overlock pants! I want them in black or gray!

The dress shirt is really nice too.

I tried on the leather jacket at A and it was such a killer. The price though... gah, just can't stomach it!

-A

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

are those second overlock pants denim? it's done in his denim styling so i'd assume so?

Faust - where are the pics from? I love those clothes, mainly the suit and hte last funnel neck sweater. I want!!! Do those sweaters have the wire things in them?

[quote user="Johnny"]Faust - where are the pics from? I love those clothes, mainly the suit and hte last funnel neck sweater. I want!!! Do those sweaters have the wire things in them?[/quote]

I'm not sure about the wires, doesn't seem like it from the pix (edit, actually maybe they do!). It's a Japanese site, unfortunately

http://centocosekakegawa.hamazo.tv/e202845.html

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

it doesn't say anything about wires. the gray overlock pants are denim.

as for the reversible shirts- what's on the reverse side? anything interesting or is it just going to be an exposed seam look?

the suit is really nice, i'd wear them with the l/s tee.they're just perfect!
    the leather jacket is nice too, but i don't dare asking the price...
    cheers, faust.

[quote user="xadam"]

[/quote]

If the photo does represent a recent show, does anyone know the season it represents? I'd be interested in knowing whether Carol did the bee-keeper nets prior to the recent Thom Browne show.

[/quote]

He's done a few other interesting shows... presentations in a butcher meat locker, a show that was a "prison escape" (I think done in tandem with a models-in-cages show?). A while back he was doing some sort of showing of his designs in a bunker in the middle of nowhere essentially... I think one of the guys on tFS went to it actually, but it was mentioned on that thread over there....

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

i didn't think of those as actual shows, but more of a presentation... but i guess they're kind of the same haha.

[quote user="Chinorlz"][quote user="xadam"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He's done a few other interesting shows... presentations in a butcher meat locker, a show that was a "prison escape" (I think done in tandem with a models-in-cages show?). A while back he was doing some sort of showing of his designs in a bunker in the middle of nowhere essentially... I think one of the guys on tFS went to it actually, but it was mentioned on that thread over there....

[/quote]

That last one was a part of a museum exhibition in Austria, where Carol is from. But, yea, it could've been a bunker!

http://www.mak.at/mysql/ausstellunge...id=689&lang=en

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

OK a bit of a rant from me. Not really at CPP, but the feckin Library. I was there in the summer and asked them to send me pics of LMaltieri when it came in, left number and email. Nothing. Phoned them about a month ago to get pics of CCP, said they would do it, nothing. Phoned them again this week, gave them a different email address in case they'd got the other one long or lost, gave them a direct phone number, said they would do it and ........NOTHING. Jeez, I'm practically beggin them to sell me some really expensive clothes......Bear in mind that i bought a leather short from them at full retail , so they know i'm serious. It's just shocking service. I don't actually think they really know what they're doing actually; they're no where near Leclaireur or, from my brief experience of it, A, in terms of expertise. I'm done with them now.Only problwm is I really want that suit jacketthat Faust posted. I am going to try Leclairuer now (well notnow, but next week)

[quote user="Johnny"]

OK a bit of a rant from me. Not really at CPP, but the feckin Library. I was there in the summer and asked them to send me pics of LMaltieri when it came in, left number and email. Nothing. Phoned them about a month ago to get pics of CCP, said they would do it, nothing. Phoned them again this week, gave them a different email address in case they'd got the other one long or lost, gave them a direct phone number, said they would do it and ........NOTHING. Jeez, I'm practically beggin them to sell me some really expensive clothes......Bear in mind that i bought a leather short from them at full retail , so they know i'm serious. It's just shocking service. I don't actually think they really know what they're doing actually; they're no where near Leclaireur or, from my brief experience of it, A, in terms of expertise. I'm done with them now.Only problwm is I really want that suit jacketthat Faust posted. I am going to try Leclairuer now (well notnow, but next week)

[/quote]

Oh, that sucks! Yea, I guess they don't want your money! I envy you for going to Paris, again!

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Ah, it will have to be by phone actually...... no trips away for a while

Karlo and JoJo at A are the best. If you want photos of ANYTHING, they'll snap them immediately and get you photos immediately.

Great guys, great service.

-A