Clear All
  • mick
    • Mar 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="Chinorlz"]

cas, where did you get that photo?

They look nice :)

[/quote]

I was hoping for more pics, but that's the only one. Maybe they'll take pictures for us though. :)

[/quote]

Great, the ONLY shop in Australia that stocks CCP. Carpe Diem etc etc is in Melbourne. I might be going there in

a few weeks to see a mate, if i do i'll drop by and see what photos i can take.

Comment

• pipcleo
      • Jan 2007

Ppppp
      Last edited by pipcleo; 10-29-2012, 04:01 AM. Reason: Yyyyy

Comment

• Honey~Blade
        • Sep 2006

Sounds awesome to have a store that carries such a nice collection of goodies in Oz. Too bad it's in Melbourne though >.< but it would make sense considering Sydney is pretty bad style wise. How are the prices like in Eastern Market?

Comment

• pipcleo
          • Jan 2007

Ppppp
          Last edited by pipcleo; 10-29-2012, 04:02 AM. Reason: Ppppp

Comment

• mick
            • Mar 2007

Do they ever go on sale ? I can't imagine many people in Oz buying pieces from these labels.

Comment

• klangspiel
              • Apr 2007

[quote user="pipcleo"]
              Eastern market carries CCp ( a large collection)[/quote]

Been there numerous times. The interior, as you'd expect from a refurbished chapel,
              is simply stunning. There's enough of its past preserved that evokes a cloistral
              ambience which complements the displayed pieces really well (ok not all, some).
              Not to mention the natural light that graces and illuminates most of the space
              from the old chapel windows.

Anyway, Eastern Market is run by the same people who have been bringing higher end wear to Melbourne since the 70s/80s
              -- the same folks who run Assin and Cose Ipanema --, the Pinto family.

See here:
              http://www.virtualbusiness.info/fashionrecord/

An old article on the Pintos:
              http://www.theage.com.au/articles/20...203560765.html

Comment

• ionn26
                • Feb 2007

As with Eastern market.. yes they have great selection. I think even the CCP is outstanding when you think that Australia is such an arse end of the world(excuse moi) that they even dare to take the risk is worth the applause. I also have to agree that Melbourne is really great for finding fashion.. compare to say Sydney. Actually Belinda Men in Sydney used to carry CCP.. it was such a bad bad seller that the dropped about two years ago. Unfortunately Belinda is not on par say with Assin or Easternmarket. Assin is definitely also very good. Their sales are OK.. since the mark up in Australia is high. So when you get the discount you are getting about 20-30% off of what you pay in USA. Assin used to carry Dior Homme.. and they had the glittering grey jeans.. and it was selling for $900USD(yes and that was like 3 years ago) so the price point is definitely high.

Easternmarket is great on customer service. It is run by a guy and gal.. I think they are a couple..

Sorry to ramble on so much.. afterall Australia still has a special place in my heart[51] Grew up there.. always wanted to go back to work there... if I dare to take the plunge.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I think Albert is going to Australia next [;)]
                  [/quote]

Hehe, I wish I could travel even more... but school is looming and the wallet is getting light.

Got back from Paris late last night and I chatted with the nice folks at L'Eclaireur Rue Herold and got a few more descriptions of what's coming this season

1. They're getting the glove leather jacket (!!!!!!!) price expected to be around 4000 euro. I'm gonna do my best to get one. Very few places seem to have ordered this piece.

2. Hooded/large turtleneck knits (the Raf multilayered hood/turtleneck piece came to mind) along with knits with the thumb/joint detail

3. the jointed boots although they were described to me as having a toe-break and ankle break joint instead of just the ankle break joint.

4. not so much accessories from Carol this season. It's again unwearable trinketry.

5. they re receiving an accordion bag but this one expands vertically. Carol's definitely using this jointing idea on everything he can.

There is a hooded leather jacket/coat being produced this coming season but L'Eclaireur didn't pick it up. Apparently it was very cool but very uncomfortable to wear (in talking to people that have industry connections to those that have been to the show room via e-mail, a leather jacket that was "very cool but required help to take off" was described... I'm wondering if this was it).

Needless to say, the excitement continues to build.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Nice info Albert!
                    So looks like you found a place to get the jacket after all and maybe some other glove pieces.
                    I hope Lazzari picks up at least the glove knit, so it's a little easier to attain.
                    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

So thought I would post this here; A good picture of a jointed elbow shirt in dark grey.

From yahoo auctions. (check good finds thread for direct link)
                      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• H-R
                        • May 2007

wow, the joint is more pronounced than what i initially had imagined, which is a bad thing.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="merz"]

albert, do you think you'd be able to help me pick one up through them as well - i am guessing they might receive some in my size?

I was hoping the fencing jacket might have the same kind of joints described elsewhere, but if the glove one is to be had, i'd be all for it

the price seems more reasonable than what I had been steeling myself for..

[/quote]

Merz, I'll see what I can do. I was just told that they ordered "a few" of them. You should call them once the shipment arrives and see about the sizes. I have no idea what sizes they ordered. I also will not be in Berlin/Paris when the shipment arrives (back in the US).

As for the price, it was just an estimate. Like with a lot of other brands (but notoriously CCP) the prices change upon product arrival!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

weirdo perforated leather ccp boots

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• jamescarter-lapd
                              • Jul 2007

i visited eastern market the other day,very good store and a very non descript entrance. They had a very good selection of ccp, around 2 long racks full. i tried on a couple peices, most of the ccp they stock thereare in the medium size range so it all looked big on me andi couldnt find any volga volga or LUC, very friendlystaff.They hada sales rack 50%,some carpe diemLGB, well worth the look.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

did the sales rack include those brands (ccp, cdiem, luc)? do you happen to know if they have an e-mail address?
                                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎