• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

We trade in derivatives.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BeauIXI
      • Nov 2008

Are those sandals in the lower left? I sure hope those aren't sandals.
      Originally posted by philip nod
      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

it looks like there are 3 shoes on the left and the bottom one is on its side. no sandal to my eye. BUT what's up with that middle laced boot/shoe. is that the new dipped sneaker? something seems off in the photos. but truth be told i can't see shit

btw i get the point on not posting the pics especially if u have expressed to the company that you won't. but like christian said (and i said, previously) you should be able to use words.

and drawrings
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• calv
          • May 2009

what lowrey said..

if you were invited to the showroom and had the opportunity to see and feel the collection, you should respect the designers wishes/requests. otherwise you definitely lack some mutual respect.

anyways its nice that these retailers leak something but to be honest i could have gone without, you don't see shit on it. pictures feel flat (soulless) and miss the whole experience. for this i understand why ccp doesn't want the pictures to be spread.

but now you get shit pictures leaked on the web. i'd rather have him do something like geoffrey - geoffrey's approach is still not the tactile experience but it is up there and gives you something proper.

another thing, with no good pictures to be released why not stop focussing on the future and bitching on the embargo. ccp 2009, and collections before, has so much to explore and talk about. can't users post detailed pictures of the garments they own of those collections and give descriptions so we can discuss. after all those are the collections where we have had the 'real' tactile experience by wearing the garments on a daily basis.

designers and their work looks like a bunch of crack addicts consuming the current fashion week's pictures while already being hungry for the next. it looks dead inbetween. i really hope we can discuss their released work more (also applies for ma's / luc's and many more threads) - and not just the first week after a fashion week.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

I really like the new asymmetrical fishtail (ithought i wiuld hate it) and the improved comfort and leather of the trainers
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Peasant
              • Jul 2009

I have pics, but retailers ask not to leak them, and I respect that. But words... He specifically doesn't want show-room pics, but it seems that once shops get them and spread photos they're free to be posted.

Breadsticks are back. They look basically the same. There's a great pair of dark grey, selvedge pants. They look half drop crotch and half high waisted. Just depends on how you wear them. No loops..just an adjustment in the back revealing a selvedge strip. Looks like a wool blend.
              The high-neck raglan is back with some adjustments. A theme appearing in various pieces are dead-end seams. Where one solid seam has a split somewhere in the middle. As in - it's not a solid seam, but two coming from opposite ends that never meet. They veer off and over-lap to some degree.
              I particularly like a pair of stiff, over-lock jeans. Not selvedge, though it's heavily used. They appear to taper a bit at the bottom. Dead-end overlocked slits are on the seat and though I do have an issue with them being purely decoratitve..they look fucking good. Overlock stitching on both side seams. Dark grey with white stitching, I believe.

I know it's been stated before that the dipped sneaks are back. The old, more narrow version and a bulkier pair.
              Pretty hyped for the collection. Plenty of pieces everyone will love.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

I think y'all missing merz's point, but whatever.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
                  • Jul 2009

What...I'm discussing.. There's all kinds of nouns and connected adjectives in my post.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

It's all good. What merz was saying is

I don't care either way. I am long over Poell. I feel that his work has become soulless, fit to be worn by robots and not human beings.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Peasant
                      • Jul 2009

Well..I say lead by example.
                      But this...

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                      I feel that his work has become soulless, fit to be worn by robots and not human beings.
                      ..could result in some serious discussion. Maybe not robots.. but Aliens, sure.

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

humanity is hard when you're a structuralist

Comment

• francojean23
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                          not wanting to divulge too much information has nothing to do with being "too cool", its about respecting the designer. Carol prefers everything low key and the collection to be experienced in person. Thats why there is no presentation, no lookbook, no public showroom photos. I think I speak for most when I say that those who have been able to view the collection want to respect the label's preference on this matter. This is why I have only given very brief thoughts on the collection and will not write any reviews until its out.

As for "not giving a fuck", if I were to share everything, I would be potentially ruining my relationship with the label, just to give a preview of something we can see in the near future. And if someone has gotten pictures from a retailer, I assume they have been intended for their personal viewing. If you have no stake in it, I suppose there is no reason to give a fuck, but its ignorant to give shit to people who do care.
                          at some point the information and control over his garments leaves him. if he wants the collection to be seen and felt in person, and collection provides an experience unlike any photograph, then what does he care if they get distributed, particularly to people who like his work anyway

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Peasant;275507[B
                            ]Well..I say lead by example.[/B]
                            I would, but I got the images from a friend and don't want to jeopardize his reputation. I will ask him though if I can release the photos.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

@lowery
                              is there really no presentation of carols work?
                              I really can't believe that the ultimate goal of his work is hanging on a shitty rack in a boutique next to some imitators.
                              why doesn't he have a public exhibition for a few weeks? why are there all these double standards? why does he make it so difficult for the actual people that support him, that invest in him, the people that pony up full price, to have access?
                              Last edited by philip nod; 12-07-2010, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• cjbreed
                                • Feb 2009

seconded.
                                anyone remember mainstream/downstream? now its just straight to the rack?
                                dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎