• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

This is all serious Fallout 3 gear.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• neonrider
      • Jan 2008

i can see where the man's coming from, but it's kinda inconvenient to say the least. oh, wait...

i sometimes wonder if the overt fetishism carol encourages isn't just another form of consumerism in disguise. fwiw.

*that said, i'm looking fwd to seeing the new gloved leather :)
      ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

Yes!
        Requesting images of the masterpiece works of the collection!
        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• BeauIXI
          • Nov 2008

Why don't we just create an underground PM network wherein the pics float around?
          Originally posted by philip nod
          somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by cuddly View Post
            SZ is like the "TMZ" of fashion, designers will get exposed .like faust said wikilieaks of fashion .were a fan of the clothes not the person. these designers doesn't give a shit about you, just your money. stop worshipping them.
            please don't generalize this ignorance

while its first and foremost about the clothing, this niche market relies very much on the designers behind the product, many of whom are passionate about their work and craft, and actually great people. you might not give a fuck about anything else than the end product, but don't say no one does.

this is not about CCP or their logics, but about being extremely disrespectful towards designers in general, who after all are the ones creating the work which we discuss here.
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• syed
              • Sep 2010

The cut of those trousers is pretty much what I have been dreaming of. And the zip is a rather nice touch. Not a fan of the vag timberlands () but the double sole looks really interesting.
              "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• neonrider
                • Jan 2008

"assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides"

sig'd, awesome.

so far, so...interesting. thx for the pics!
                ""assuming the economy doesn't force us to eat the rich and object-tan their hides" -- merz

Comment

• Ivans On High
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2008

Apparently the 'vag' part of the workboot is titanium, and is an optional element. It was unclear what its purpose is, maybe someone here can enlighten us?

Comment

• endersgame
                    • Aug 2009

not vaginal, but the timbalands look like it's suffering from a brown recluse bite to me

the other pair has the texture of cinefoil..

Comment

• kompressorkev
                      • Dec 2006

Well stated lowrey, I agree. As much as I anticipate the new collection, I'm glad to oblige to the designer's requests, out of respect for his wishes. In general, when things are shared in confidence, I want to respect that. A while back, I voluntarily took down the lookbook photos I posted earlier, and I won't post any such pictures anymore. Carol's not the only designer who doesn't wish to have photos of the collection circulated prior to their release in-store. I don't think it's really about getting designs stolen. And I don't think he really needs the money. The collections' presentation is very calculated and deliberate. I think it's not dissimilar to the reasoning behind why some designers don't want their clothes shown on e-commerce.

Comment

• cro426
                        • Dec 2006

I say leave the man alone.

Nothing like a little anticipation in ones life...something to look forward to is always nice.

Comment

• OkbutNo
                          • Dec 2010

While I don't disagree that his wishes should be respected, I think there is something flawed in his execution. It seems, to me, to be a matter of how he wants his work viewed, either as pieces of art, which happen to be items of wearable clothing, or just as well executed pieces of clothing.

If he wants it to be seen and respected and experienced as art, then it seems to me to be disingenuous, in a way, to present it first in a showroom, asking everyone involved to keep it a secret, and then months later expose it to the public. If he opened his own store and only sold his clothes and presented them there, I would find his wishes and philosophies more in line with each other. As it is, it seems like he wants it both ways. To be respected and controlled as the presentation in galleries as art is, but also conforming (in as loose a sense as possible) to the norms of fashion retail (by showing a select few who then provide it in their stores to the public).

Why not just choose one method or the other? And if he wants to control the experience and presentation of his clothes so closely (which I think anyone has a complete right to do so, and, really, an obligation to do so if they really care about what their creations mean and communicate) it seems very strange to eschew a presentation or lookbook, which he could entirely control, in favor of showing a few people and telling them to keep it secret. It comes off as a marketing ploy to play up the exclusivity of the product (as in, "look a very select few can see my items but you can't"), instead of genuine artistic integrity concerning the manner of reception/dissimulation.

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

To expand a bit on my viewpoint;

Originally posted by OkbutNo View Post
                            ...If he wants it to be seen and respected and experienced as art, then it seems to me to be disingenuous, in a way, to present it first in a showroom, asking everyone involved to keep it a secret, and then months later expose it to the public....
                            The showroom is first and foremost intended for retailers and perhaps some associates and friends of the label, I think the pattern is very simple: design the product, sell it to retailers who then sell it to consumers. These pictures we are talking about here are pretty much taken by retailers for their buying purposes. While the tradition in fashion has been to show a collection to the public in advance, typically through presentations and press, I don't understand why a designer would be somehow obliged to do so?

The process of showing the collection through Lift is a whole other matter and different situation, they've been in business together pretty much as long as CCP has existed and are probably his biggest buyer, so they have obviously been able to pull some strings which most stores probably wouldn't be able to do.

I'm not arguing whether or not CCP's customs are favourable or even good for business, of course as a fan of the designer I wouldn't mind some more publicity rather than keeping everything under wraps. I also completely understand what AKA is saying here:

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                            i have mixed feelings about carol's policies but the notion that the collection can be "experienced" is more or less a fallacy since most of the unique pieces are pre-sold way in advance or purchased on the day they appear. unless someone is in on the ground floor there's no experiencing much of anything.
                            This isn't particularly convenient and obviously everyone would be excited to see more. Who knows, maybe Poell wants the label to have this secrecy surrounding it, but that is all up to him. I just find it strange that people are actually angry at a) the label for wanting to control their publicity and not sharing something before its available, or b) retailers for respecting the label's wishes of not publishing pictures until the product is actually released.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• eton97
                              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                              I just find it strange that people are actually angry at a) the label for wanting to control their publicity and not sharing something before its available, or b) retailers for respecting the label's wishes of not publishing pictures until the product is actually released.
                              I couldn't agree more - from where i stand, its his bloody label - he can do what he wants....if you don't like it, you can lump it....
                              ...but i bet you won't....
                              you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• BeauIXI
                                • Nov 2008

Who's getting angry? I just want to know whether I should start saving up.
                                Last edited by BeauIXI; 12-08-2010, 04:19 AM.
                                Originally posted by philip nod
                                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎