Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

If you receive something in confidence then it's pretty obvious that you should maintain that confidence, so I can't see how the gripe against the retailers or other insiders is valid. I think most of the frustration is at CCP in having that approach in the first place, and even then, it's just because people are nosey and want to see it, and as nod said, also becuase they are actually and genuinely fans and financial supporters (but not necessarily insiders). It's also more understandable for new collections not yet released, but the whole embargo on images of clothes already in stores is shitty.

The wrinkled leather bin shoes made be actually lol at first, but I keep looking at them, and there's something quite amazing about them. What a ridiculous concept; who else would have thought of it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-08-2010, 05:30 AM.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Atelier contacted me, claiming that the photos are theirs and they wanted them removed. I will oblige, of course, pending the proof that the photos are indeed theirs.

I also agree that the designer can do what he wants - it's his business. It's your business to decide whether you want to continue to support a designer with such policies.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

i know it's apples to oranges but it's the "mystique" and such around CCP that makes me appreciate someone like Rick so much more.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Atelier contacted me, claiming that the photos are theirs and they wanted them removed. I will oblige, of course, pending the proof that the photos are indeed theirs.

I also agree that the designer can do what he wants - it's his business. It's your business to decide whether you want to continue to support a designer with such policies.

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

i can relate to multiple points of view here. my first inclination is to side with pnod etc. i don't like the idea of restricting the ability of your loyal supporters to admire and discuss your work before they send you a pile of cash. especially if they are not on the inside or in the vicinity of a retailer.

but perhaps ccp is under a lot of pressure. certainly he is under pressure to produce. i mean his only collection for 2010 is coming out in 2011 for crissake. i imagine some of his associates and colleagues are none too happy about that. but at the same time he also has a reputation to uphold and a very high standard to meet. therefore i think he must maintain strict control over his designs and over the size of his label. i think he wants to keep the images held back because on the internet any image can be nipped and put up on any ridiculous fashion blog or website and then his pieces could be promoted in a way that doesn't suit his vision or his goals for his business. we at sz are his base but any old douche can view the site and jack the images. so, maybe he is just erring on the side of paranoia in an effort to maintain control of his label. he knows damn well he doesn't need to promote the pieces that have already been produced because ccp will sell when corn and cotton won't...

edit - personally i do not agree with the position i suggested above. i'm just trying to reason it out. speculate.

i'm of the opinion that if you create something (art, music, whatever) once you put it out there, it is no longer really yours. you are now sharing it with the world. and it is futile to try to control it. the best you can do is protect yourself financially and have good lawyers if u need them lol
          Last edited by cjbreed; 12-08-2010, 01:43 PM.
          dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Peasant
            • Jul 2009

I think it's lame for users to post images if they were given to them in confidence. Obviously it's nice to see them and an easy thing to say for those who have received pics. But a man's word is just that. Hype is good..but is this too much hype?

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

maybe the thread should be closed.
              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Peasant
                • Jul 2009

^no don't..it's all I've got.
                But really, I do agree with cj - once it's out there and available to the public, it's gone. And you rely on these people to maintain your ability to create and live..so why not be open. Marketing? Maybe. If not, it's working as marketing all the same.
                The only reason I think it can be a bad thing is next time around it will just be more difficult to see the collection. Then you won't even be able to buy it..what?

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

ccp is the new Buzzati
                  pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                  Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• loot
                    • Aug 2010

my apologies if this has already been covered, but when is the collection expected to arrive at stockists?

Comment

• cro426
                      • Dec 2006

Wow, I can't believe how much time is being spent on this.

It's actually incredible.

Comment

• Rex
                        • Jul 2010

Before XXX there was...

clearly the inspiration behind the boots..

Comment

• Servo2000
                          • Oct 2006

This thread is starting to look like old BAPE threads. Mysteries are great but embargoes are dull. If he wants to disappear, let him disappear. Let me know when there's something to actually talk about again.
                          WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

perhaps protracted purposeless discussions that drive mystique and thereby increased retail sales is the purpose of such cloaked policies and personas.

I dunno if any of you are familiar with Wumpscut but the singer was cloaked in secrecy for years before we all saw that he was just actually a fat fuck behind a curtain.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                              • Nov 2008

Haha, well he'd better watch it- if the people aren't pleased, it'll be Harnden shoes up there on the banner by 2011.
                              Originally posted by philip nod
                              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                                This thread is starting to look like old BAPE threads. Mysteries are great but embargoes are dull. If he wants to disappear, let him disappear. Let me know when there's something to actually talk about again.
                                Originally posted by Faust View Post

I don't care either way. I am long over Poell. I feel that his work has become soulless, fit to be worn by robots and not human beings.
                                Here. Discuss.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎