Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cuddly
    • Sep 2007

well to begin with, his clothes we're never really comfortable. so maybe its not really meant to be worn by the general public . that 3 leather jointed boots, is podiatrist nightmare.first time i tried those on. i thought it was a joke that someone can actually walk in these. lol

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

jeez faust is out on ma+ and poell, which are 1 and 2 in my book.

does not compute
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

like, dare i say, raw denim...

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

^though too much good cheese means clothes will fit even more poorly or uncomfortably

Comment

• stereophobic
            • Aug 2009

^ unless you copped online and turns out the item is too big for you. cheese becomes very useful then.
            An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Atelier contacted me, claiming that the photos are theirs and they wanted them removed. I will oblige, of course, pending the proof that the photos are indeed theirs.

I also agree that the designer can do what he wants - it's his business. It's your business to decide whether you want to continue to support a designer with such policies.
              There's no difference between him and the other designers. Remember what the PR at RO's said when we were in the showroom : "No pics of the showroom online please".

Comment

• BeauIXI
                • Nov 2008

Originally posted by cuddly View Post
                well to begin with, his clothes we're never really comfortable. so maybe its not really meant to be worn by the general public . that 3 leather jointed boots, is podiatrist nightmare.first time i tried those on. i thought it was a joke that someone can actually walk in these. lol
                Try running in 'em pal, it's a bitch. Merz is right though, the do get better, I'm still trying to break in the cordovan though, and they're like, three or four years old.
                Originally posted by philip nod
                somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                  There's no difference between him and the other designers. Remember what the PR at RO's said when we were in the showroom : "No pics of the showroom online please".
                  There is a big difference between wanting to present your work in a professional context - runway shots/styled professional photos and amature showroom snaps - and not allowing to release images at all. There is no shortage of RO images on the day the collection is shown.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• trentk
                    • Oct 2010

I know CCP won't allow images to be released for his current collection, but, is there a good place to see images of his previous collections? In my search, I've only found scattered bits, some videos on lift etc.... no comprehensive overviews of collections.

(sorry for such a noob question)
                    "He described this initial impetus as like discovering that they both were looking at the same intriguing specific tropical fish, with attempts to understand it leading to a huge ferocious formalism he characterizes as a shark that leapt out of the tank."

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by trentk View Post
                      I know CCP won't allow images to be released for his current collection, but, is there a good place to see images of his previous collections? In my search, I've only found scattered bits, some videos on lift etc.... no comprehensive overviews of collections.

(sorry for such a noob question)

the best place is the very place you posted the question.........
                      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• BeauIXI
                        • Nov 2008

Although flipping through this thread is a gonzoesque and often even a dada way of seeing CCP's work throughout the past while, I think he would want it that way.
                        Originally posted by philip nod
                        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• Sombre
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          I don't care either way. I am long over Poell. I feel that his work has become soulless, fit to be worn by robots and not human beings.
                          I've never been entirely convinced it was anything but. The mere premise that the wearer must suffer for him is a fundamental gripe I have with the work, but that is for another day. While it's great that people like Albert and Christian are passionate about his work and can align themselves with the projected vision, I feel there is inconsistency in CCP's practices. The prohibition of the release of images by parties not affiliated with him creates an air of Stalin-like control and exclusivity. However, the apparent ubiquity of past items and special orders provided one has the coin goes a far way in disintegrating that exclusivity. Don't get me wrong - I wish more designers would offer items past so customers have a second chance at pieces they missed. But restricting release of the work so heavily, yet subsequently offering it to everyone who is willing to pay seems contradictory to me. It sends the message that the work is not for the ordinary masses, but anyone with money is welcome.

But maybe I'm reading it wrong and there are unrelated reasons for the two practices.
                          An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                          I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                            The mere premise that the wearer must suffer for him is a fundamental gripe I have with the work, but that is for another day.
                            I feel like this suffering is quite exaggerated, no? the single example of a painful boot doesn't mean the whole lineup is intended to cause suffering. this seems to be an issue with some earlier footwear, but for example the footwear from 2009 was very comfortable, the leather on the scarred derbies and dipped sneakers was very soft from the beginning. some of the clothing can be constricting, this is most notable in jackets and coats but is a matter of the piece being clut slim and fitted, it shouldn't be causing any pain.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

/\ I don't think it's that exaggerated. We've had entire discussion on that - even in your own fine publication Stephen from EM goes in depth about it! :-)

P.S. Completely agree with somber. If you've got the dough you can go straight to the shrine and ball.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                                • Jan 2008

But isn't the only restriction Poell put's out, is release of images, and not the work itself. It's not like Harnden who prohibits his work sold online altogether. Of course there is also the control of sales but he's not the only one on that ...

Ps. I do think, in general, some of these designers are getting a bit too precious.
                                Last edited by BECOMING-INTENSE; 12-14-2010, 10:37 AM.
                                Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                                Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍