• Jan 2007

Re: Carol Christian Poell

Ppppp
    Last edited by pipcleo; 10-29-2012, 04:04 AM. Reason: Ppppp

Comment

• therapysessions
      • Jul 2007

Atelier just posted pics of their collaborative suit with CCP.

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="therapysessions"]

Atelier just posted pics of their collaborative suit with CCP.

[/quote]

$3200 smacks!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ionn26
          • Feb 2007

So.... I have heard this coming season, apart from the gloved leather jacket that most of the people did not pick up, there was a hoodie leather jacket... that is even more rarer than the gloved leather jacket. Man.. I am so going to be broke this season.. hehehehe I have like a tones of things that I want to buy.

The word on the street is that this hoodie leather jacket is the ultimatum for CCP and that it cost over $10k so extremely few pieces that were picked up(more so than the gloved leather jacket) and that it was in such a small run that it cost over $10K.

Crazy

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="ionn26"]

So.... I have heard this coming season, apart from the gloved leather jacket that most of the people did not pick up, there was a hoodie leather jacket... that is even more rarer than the gloved leather jacket. Man.. I am so going to be broke this season.. hehehehe I have like a tones of things that I want to buy.

The word on the street is that this hoodie leather jacket is the ultimatum for CCP and that it cost over $10k so extremely few pieces that were picked up(more so than the gloved leather jacket) and that it was in such a small run that it cost over $10K.

Crazy

[/quote]

This is definitely going straight into consumerism territory.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
              • Nov 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="ionn26"]

Crazy

[/quote]

This is definitely going straight into consumerism territory.

[/quote]

I respect the man, and find alot of inspiration in his work, but Damn!

this is absurd, I cannot tell consumers how to spend their money,

but what Justification can their be for an bove 10K Leather jacket?

I don't care if only one was made.!!!!!................

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
              .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

i agree with you zamb, 100%
                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• ionn26
                  • Feb 2007

Well... I agree with all of you.. but given how well the fund manager and hedge fund did for the past year and this year... I am sure that there is a demand of CCP as ART. and wearable art. I heard that Christies sales of art work are getting a huge boost. and now the artwork is not able how much it is but whether you can get your hand on it or not. I am sure that CCP is working and marketing towards the same concept that it is not the matter of how much but whether you can get it or not..

I, myself, are having a difficult time trying to justify paying 10k for a jacket.. but I remember that it was not long ago about 3-4 years ago when Dior homme was asking 8K for a wool trench coat and it did get sold although it was a very limited run.. so... 10K is nothing I guess...but I am stepping to a territory where it is blurred of ready to wear vs. Coutoure collection. I heard that the coutoure collection apprently can run from anything around 100k-500k per piece of clothing.. ie because of laces and has to be sewed by hand one by one by the fashion art house atelier etc.. anyway.. I digress

so yes I am still buzzing about the 10K leather jacket .. if nothing else I want to at least see the pictures..

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="ionn26"]

Well... I agree with all of you.. but given how well the fund manager and hedge fund did for the past year and this year... I am sure that there is a demand of CCP as ART. and wearable art. I heard that Christies sales of art work are getting a huge boost. and now the artwork is not able how much it is but whether you can get your hand on it or not. I am sure that CCP is working and marketing towards the same concept that it is not the matter of how much but whether you can get it or not..

I, myself, are having a difficult time trying to justify paying 10k for a jacket.. but I remember that it was not long ago about 3-4 years ago when Dior homme was asking 8K for a wool trench coat and it did get sold although it was a very limited run.. so... 10K is nothing I guess...but I am stepping to a territory where it is blurred of ready to wear vs. Coutoure collection. I heard that the coutoure collection apprently can run from anything around 100k-500k per piece of clothing.. ie because of laces and has to be sewed by hand one by one by the fashion art house atelier etc.. anyway.. I digress

so yes I am still buzzing about the 10K leather jacket .. if nothing else I want to at least see the pictures..

[/quote]

Well, I guess if a person who bought that jacket would think like that, maybe... but something tells me this won't be the case. The art market is much worse than the fashion market in terms of art/commerce hypocrisy. There, it is impossible to determine the true cost of an item, which is much easier to do with fashion, so the hype factor takes place of cost analysis. I'm not sure if you read an article by Guy Trebay a few months back about Art Basel Miami - he called it Costco of the art world, and described people dropping 10's of thousands of dollars just because.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

[quote user="ionn26"]

[/quote]

At this rate maybe we will have to pay about 2k just to look at the pictures............. Framed as art that is, Shot by an "Artist" photographer![65][67]

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• ionn26
                        • Feb 2007

no I have not heard of the article by Guy Trebay.. would love to read it if you have the link...

yes the art market is really worse than fashion.. that I agree...

nevertheless I would like to hear what store carries them and what is the design.. since L'ecleuire did not pick it up I wonder which store did... and there are only a handful.. may be someone in Japan???

Comment

• ionn26
                          • Feb 2007

[quote user="zamb"]

At this rate maybe we will have to pay about 2k just to look at the pictures............. Framed as art that is, Shot by an "Artist" photographer![65][67]

[/quote]

Lets hope that it does not come to that.. [:|]

I will then boycott all things CCP... it is like the emperor has no cloth..

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="ionn26"]

no I have not heard of the article by Guy Trebay.. would love to read it if you have the link...

yes the art market is really worse than fashion.. that I agree...

nevertheless I would like to hear what store carries them and what is the design.. since L'ecleuire did not pick it up I wonder which store did... and there are only a handful.. may be someone in Japan???

[/quote]

PM me your email. NYT wants $600 to publish the article on the internet, but I can email it to you for free and you will be able to read it in the next 24 hr. You gotta live Intellectual Property laws.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ionn26
                              • Feb 2007

you are too funny faust.. [65][61]

Comment

• justine
                                • Jan 2007

Well, an average leather jacket costs around $1k, this really expensive cpp 10 times as much ; what's the ratio between an average car at $10k and a rolls?

Even his $5k jackets are so completely out of my range, a $10k looks at least as far from where I'm sitting to be truthful.

There's one thing I like though, is that he still goes out of his way to design things totally separated from what can be considered non-core concerns for a fashion design: 'wearability for the average person'(*) or price accessibility, and I think this is something great.

(*) I read somewhere that some Le Corbusier buildings was build for ideal man of 1m80...I guess he would be wearing something like the 'join'-jacket.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎