X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kunk75
    Banned
    • May 2008

i think not allowing your wares to be sold on line is not so much pretentious as foolish. it's called progress

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
      /\ I don't think it's that exaggerated. We've had entire discussion on that - even in your own fine publication Stephen from EM goes in depth about it! :-)
      I'm having trouble thinking about pieces that can be classified as torture equipment - jointed boots, some earlies season boots and shoes.. what else do you need to suffer for?

Of course, some pieces are stiff and somewhat constricting, this is what I recall Stephen talking about, but they have this armour-like feel to them. I'm thinking about some coats/jackets and leathers, for example. While being cut small and possibly limiting, they shouldn't be causing any pain unless sized wrongly.

I own around 10+ pieces from Carol and most are normal in terms of comfortability, so this is why I'm wondering about (and partially questioning) this whole concept of suffering.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ddohnggo
        • Oct 2006

likely because some of the shoes ruin your feet such as the dipped hikers, the jackets have high armholes limiting movement, some of the pieces are delicate and make you think they're going to rip/tear i.e. invisiseam (and sometimes they do rip and tear such as the paper cotton pants).
        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

dipped hikers, as in the 09 sneakers? mine are very comfortable, I've walked miles in them while travelling
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

mine rape my feet. do you have the cordovan ones?
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BECOMING-INTENSE View Post
              But isn't the only restriction Poell put's out, is release of images, and not the work itself. It's not like Harnden who prohibits his work sold online altogether. Of course there is also the control of sales but he's not the only one on that ...

Ps. I do think, in general, some of these designers are getting a bit too precious.
              I feel like this when I look at invisiseam

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                ventiundici
                • Dec 2006

mine are kangaroo, they are quite a bit softer. I tried the cordovan and they felt ok apart from being a size too big, which allowed my feet to move around and made them a bit uncomfortable.

Comment

• BSR
                  • Aug 2008

carol clothes are not painful, but you feel them (heaviness, high armholes, itchy fabrics, enhanced stitchings, curious feelings with footwear as well, for example in the seamless boots your feet flow, etc)
                  it's like they constantly remind you of their presence around the body (vs the clothes that are so comfy that you feel you're naked, or in a cozy place, like most RO stuff)

they don't torture your body as much as your mind
                  pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                  Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Johnny
                    • Sep 2006

I ownED about 10 pieces from carol, and none of them, not one, was comfortable, even remotely. it's not torture as such, but there is suffering inolved to a degree. is it worth it, is the question. some say yes, some say no, potato, patata.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                      • Oct 2009

No idea why opinions on this topic vary so much but I own over 20 pieces from Carol. Leather jackets, coats, derbies, boots, sneakers, suits, gloves, pants etc. and except for some breaking in time on stiff cordovan derbies and maybe a little too tight (and stiff) kangaroo gloves all pieces are no less comfortable than any other stuff I wear.
                      Do agree with BSR though. Some pieces feel weird but in a good way imo. Thats part of the experience I love about Diesel!
                      "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

People have different body shapes. I think Carol has a very particular body type when he designs - it's very easy for many others to feel uncomfortable in his clothes.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

one might think he believes the male has a wide waist and pipe cleaner arms, the leathers are tough for me. 52 is too small in shoulders and arms and 54 is far too large in the body.

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

Every piece of cordovan footwear he does with any kind of extreme detailing, like the jointed boots or like many of the derbies, are very uncomfortable, simply because the cordovan he often uses is very hard and very thick- read not pliable, especially not at the vertices of the wrinkles, (or seams, in the case of the jointed boots) which press into the top of the foot, typically. It's tough, because I adore cordovan leather...

Leathers, however, have been no problem for me, maybe I'm just an oddly shaped person.
                            Originally posted by philip nod
                            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• swami
                              • Jul 2008

Blast from the past

CCP:In this collection we used primarily leather and conducted research on the various effects of blood because we were interested in "giving back life" ...

... yes, giving back life ... evidently it is an esthetic aspect, as well as conceptual. I was interested in the color of the blood

Comment

• Monty76
                                • Sep 2006

About to post these on classifieds... thought that I would put a few of the shots from the photoshoot for the archives here...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎