Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Great Destroyer
    • Nov 2010

While some of the items are just ridiculous (gloveless glove, metal elbow patch springs to mind...) I kind of like this. Sure most of it is more art then clothing per se but the denim looks great, especially the grey ones with what appears as metal stitching. White coat is beautiful as well but I'm unsure about how practical it actually is, like Peasant mentioned, you really need to keep it clean.

I have never handled any CCP pieces due to availability in my area but from what I've gathered, the materials on all of the pieces are probably outstanding. The sweater worn in the pic where the model shows the lining of the grey jacket looks particularly nice.

Comment

• Peasant
      • Jul 2009

I'm anxious to handle the turtle-necks. The coarse exterior that is both light and at times, reflective is undeniably Poell. I can't say I love the updated Hawk-eye boots. I do appreciate the practicality of the sole. At least you don't have to run out and get them vibramed. Leather looks thick as a phone book.

Dead-end jeans: after further scrutiny of other images I do believe they're one solid piece of fabric. Which easily tops the list of fascinating construction.

This Carol collection will undoubtedly become like others past. It's never love at first sight.

Comment

• Ivans On High
        Banned
        • Oct 2008

I'm sure I've seen a pair of XXX boots on the bay in years past with a similar rubber sole to the ones shown in the Lift pictures.

Comment

• timberlakeld
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Ivans On High View Post
          I'm sure I've seen a pair of XXX boots on the bay in years past with a similar rubber sole to the ones shown in the Lift pictures.
          Me too, and that was ugly

Comment

• endersgame
            • Aug 2009

the ones with the boots soles on ebay? i thought the owner just slapped them on. they were not OEM parts..

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

i'm pretty sure there was a rubber boot sole rendition from 2006. the sole had safe markings etc. i recall handling them.
              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• t-bone
                • Dec 2009

Regarding the reflective pieces, does anyone know where he sourced the fabric? As far as I know that type of material is only manufactured by 3M for utilitarian purposes.

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
                  created in-house.
                  Doubt it although it is possible. CCP does not produce its clothing and footwear in house (almost no one does unlike what is commonly said here by clueless worshippers) but it is quite possible that some of the leathers come from his family's tannery. I assume he also gets leathers from Guidi and other usual suspects.
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Eternal
                    I heard some of the fabrics were created in-house but I might be ill-informed as I've never been there. Someone with more insight should clarify.
                    How would you go about "creating" a fabric in-house without a factory, knit it with two forks and a lot of attitude? Certain brands work with factories to create custom fabrics (Schneider, Lanvin etc) and others are primarily weavers who also produce collections (Loro Piana), however this whole "SZ brands are artisan made" has caused people to really misunderstand how a collection is actually produced. For one SZ brands are not made by artisans, they just give off the scent of it. SZ brands are produced like Gucci, sometimes with nicer fabric and better construction, sometimes not.

Comment

• BSR
                      • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                      however this whole "SZ brands are artisan made" has caused people to really misunderstand how a collection is actually produced. For one SZ brands are not made by artisans, they just give off the scent of it. SZ brands are produced like Gucci, sometimes with nicer fabric and better construction, sometimes not.
                      I don't think your beloved Frida would put shoes in the latex herself, Carol does (he does not let anyone else play with latex).
                      pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                      Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                        For one SZ brands are not made by artisans, they just give off the scent of it. SZ brands are produced like Gucci, sometimes with nicer fabric and better construction, sometimes not.
                        surely you're speaking in general (and baiting people at the same time ) when you say "sz brands" are not made by artisans. even if the fabrics are sourced elsewhere clearly there are skilled craftspersons assembling them in various ateliers. i just saw this soundwave scarf from luc signals the other day. i can't imagine something like this is made in your run of the mill factory. at the same time it's obvious that carol outsources a certain amount of production especially of the leather goods. they cop to that themselves.

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                          I don't think your beloved Frida would put shoes in the latex herself, Carol does (he does not let anyone else play with latex).
                          Yeah and AFAIK Harnden coats are (badly) sewn in his own atelier, my comment was mainly a general observation.

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                            surely you're speaking in general (and baiting people at the same time ) when you say "sz brands" are not made by artisans. even if the fabrics are sourced elsewhere clearly there are skilled craftspersons assembling them in various ateliers. i just saw this soundwave scarf from luc signals the other day. i can't imagine something like this is made in your run of the mill factory. at the same time it's obvious that carol outsources a certain amount of production especially of the leather goods. they cop to that themselves.

Gucci has some embroidered or quite complex pieces too you know. Factories are not "run of the mill" and many of them can produce impressive products. SZ brands are certainly not made in "ateliers", I mean are there even ateliers in Italy aside from a few trad bespoke shoes and garment makers? Thom Browne has pretty much more handwork than any SZ brand you know and its still made in a factory like every fucking suit by a RTW brand. An atelier is just a smaller factory anyway, sometimes with the capacity for more hands-on intervention (or the lack of machinery to do it any other way :) ).

If you want handmade AtelierNYC sells these crazy scarves by that NYC girl, they're pretty cool, for all the rest there's made in Italy in a factory.

CCP does not "outsource a certain amount of production" it outsources all production, there might be some exceptions like the latex dipping.

Comment

• TheNotoriousT
                              • Oct 2009

@AKA: what do you mean exactly by outsourcing?
                              That he buys leather from different suppliers (which is obvious indeed) or that the whole piece is not made/sewn in their own atelier?
                              "Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that"

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

i'm pretty certain they work with a factory that assembles footwear (and other leather goods) to their specifications. just to make clear there is nothing unusual or inconsistent with their ethos about this.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎