X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jevna
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by StrAngeRy View Post
    Sorry guys, wrong info, one hand is ONLY 625 EURO.
    Lolz, hope that this is retail price....

Fuuma, I really like the fact that you posted about production and manufacturing. I often feel that in the forum the veneration for beloved brands makes fantasize about things which have nothing to do with reality. I feel that an insight as yours is needed for a constuctive discussion, as many have probably never experienced an insider view in the clothing production. And I guess also that many won't believe you...hehe
    In-house made fabrics is certainly something impossible unless you own a fabric factory.

Of course this is an off-topic and has nothing to do with CCP. And dont get me wrong, I love CCP and I think his product is genius and beautifully made.
    Last edited by jevna; 01-15-2011, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• MASUGNEN
      • Feb 2009

Good thing Poell rejected bespoking Rolling Stones. The Stones now release a collection for Dressman — and sell them rights to six new songs for commercials.

Obviously Jagger et al. know their clothing industry, reaching the highest, falling to the bottom.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Tried on the fencing jacket today at Darklands. I want.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• eton97
          • Dec 2008

Stunning isn't it. I love the KALB leather - a perfect everyday weight for autumn, spring and summer, and ages really nicely with wear. Light but rigid, and holds the creases nicely.
          Also I personally find the cut easier to wear vs the classic.
          you can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter...

Comment

• beardown
            rekoner
            • Feb 2009

To balance out the comment I just made about admiring Augusta's dedication to experimentation with materials and processes, I have to say that some of this stuff seems like excess based on the idea of excess.

Not to say that's not a reoccurring theme with Poell but some of it borders on the absurd. There have been pieces in the past that I've seen and thought, 'ballsy and also respectable.' Most of these I think, 'ballsy but ridiculous and absurd.'
            I'm by no means the final word. I have very few pieces of CCP. I respect the vision and the process so long as the final result is more about exploration and less about exploitation of the fan base. No doubt some will go for the gloveless gloves, etc.
            Originally posted by mizzar
            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• BSR
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
              Tried on the fencing jacket today at Darklands. I want.
              Ha! Well, to go back to the fencing discussion that has popped up on the WAYWT thread, I must say I don't see the fencing as a very aggressive / brutal design, the sort of things that you can pull off only if you have the 'punk attitude' (whatever that means, i can't really see how it applies to Venus or Les, or Acéphale, but it's not really what i want to discuss here). For me, because of its structured construction, leather rigidity, and design simplicity, the fencing is closer to a formal (and here formality is supported by the fencing costume reference) and elegant leather jacket, and is totally the opposite of a RO jacket. Of course the asymmetry created by the zip is disturbing as a huge scar, but i see this as the usual poellian twist on usual proportions (and for example, the back is very classic), as the sign of this deranged elegance that is a feature of many of his designs (footwear, suits, coats...). And to be honest, I think that the overlock, with its Frankenstein stitchings, or obviously the gloved high collar leather from 09, are far more difficult to make yours than the fencing. My 2 c, guys, please no 'soul'/'authenticity' war... (BTW authenticity is like faith, it's very difficult to get the relevant observational data for it, so it often leads to accusations of heresy, whence, at the end, Inquisition methods...)
              Last edited by BSR; 01-18-2011, 07:06 AM.
              pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
              Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                (BTW authenticity is like faith, it's very difficult to get the relevant observational data for it, so it often leads to accusations of heresy, whence, at the end, Inquisition methods...)
                it's easier than you may think. soul and authenticity are the light blue areas on this chart. the lower to the bottom left one falls, the more soul and authenticity.

LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

i lol'd

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

so did i. maybe one of the best posts ever.
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• syed
                        • Sep 2010

In the bluuue

(Actually it sucks, I would kill to be in the red)
                        "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• DRRRK
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                          ...Ballerdom is the yellow areas on this chart...
                          True as well.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                            • Jan 2008

I Know You Got Soul!

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                            Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

its good to be 18 again
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• thehouseofdis
                                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                                soul and authenticity are the light blue areas on this chart.
                                Well, now I know why I'm soulless. I'm 5'6" so, according to the chart, it's an impossibility!
                                THE HOUSE OF DIS
                                embrace the twenty first movement

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎